• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

travel cost to Grand Prix...wow

I just started firming up my travel plans to the Pyramid air Cup Grand Prix
WOW
flight, lodging...haven't even book rental car yet...it's probably gonna to be a total cost of $1K+

If anyone is heading to Pyramid air cup this September and wants to share cost, PM me.

Bread and water for now I guess ...till I save up enough to pay for everything.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago trying to attend Oregon GP, airport paralized with blue screens same Friday morning I am leaving. Flight, rental car, hotel, entry fee, time off work... all evaporated.

Paying to not attend is tough.
Man that is tough. I was flying home that day from ABQ and was hearing about the crowdstrike issue on the radio on the way to the airport and was worried I wouldnt get home. Luckily the ABQ airport nor SW airlines was affected.

Reactions: thane
The things we do for love!
Oregon GP took 2 tanks of gas and 2 nights in a hotel(because air conditioning is COOL!), registration and food. Then, I got beat by Wayne and Randy, AGAIN! 🤪 The travel adds up and might equate to another rifle or scope. BUT it is awesome to SHARE the experience with other shooters!

I just started firming up my travel plans to the Pyramid air Cup Grand Prix
WOW
flight, lodging...haven't even book rental car yet...it's probably gonna to be a total cost of $1K+

If anyone is heading to Pyramid air cup this September and wants to share cost, PM me.

Bread and water for now I guess ...till I save up enough to pay for everything.
I’m not willing to fly with my toys so I have to drive 3 day drive north plus 3 days attending plus three day drive back I’m at 9 days…add in gas/food/hotels and miscellaneous and no pay for time off. Yeah it can cost me about 7k if I factor in lost income but it’s usually worth it as the people and time spent is worth more than a cruise ship in wherever. Alternative is ship gun somewhere close to venue, fly in, rental car/hotel/food then reverse to get home. I think I’d worry more about baggage handling than FedEx or ups than the other options…. So driving it is💯

Last edited:
The costs for the Pyramyd Air Cup can really add up with flights, lodging, and the rental car. If you want to save some money, you could try sharing costs with others who are going.
Also, if you enjoy finding new places and activities, take a look at mklibrary.com. It's got great tips for planning cheaper trips and discovering cool spots to visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP806TX
I am very fortunate to live 1/2 hour from the Pryamyd Air Cup, 1 1/2 hours from the Burning River GP, and 2 1/2 hours from the Sherwood GP. So I am home for the PAC and I do camping for the other 2 GP's to keep the costs down. Next year I hope to travel to the Cajun Classic with the 💰 saved, and then experience more of the "pain" that you all have been thru with longer travels.