• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Tried out the new Buck Rail “moderator “ last night.

I run his “moderators” on my Prod because it doesn’t need any of my larger ones for my back yard. It does a great job for sound, is very light and I don’t have to remove it to refill the gun. I bought the new one really just for the hell of it but did hope it would knock down the report just a little bit more. Well it did, I was very surprised at the difference. Now it’s not as quiet as my Sumo’s but for the Prod it is perfect and I’m slinging the CPHPs at 725 fps.

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

It would be nice to see a comparison side by side with the original.
Actually I did a video but forgot to hit record on the original one and it was getting late. I’m off tomorrow so I might give it another try. I really didn’t expect much difference, that’s why I was kinda surprised.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Thanks for the feedback. Thought about trying one myself. Looks good on the Prod to. Wonder how it’ll do with a couple sections removed. I have a couple Prods and just need something to take a little of the crack away.
It’s so small already, I’m probably not going to mess around with sections removed. If I was still running it at 12 ft lbs I would but it has quite the bark now.

I run his “moderators” on my Prod because it doesn’t need any of my larger ones for my back yard. It does a great job for sound, is very light and I don’t have to remove it to refill the gun. I bought the new one really just for the hell of it but did hope it would knock down the report just a little bit more. Well it did, I was very surprised at the difference. Now it’s not as quiet as my Sumo’s but for the Prod it is perfect and I’m slinging the CPHPs at 725 fps.

View attachment 490104

View attachment 490105
I just did the same thing " for the hell of it " mine will be here Friday fedx . I want to play with the modularity of it .

A little nervous because I’m not a printed mod guy.
Understandable, but bear in mind Buck-Rail's new printer isn't the traditional filament technology. I don't know the exact method his new printer uses, but it's likely either a laser melting the polymer powder, or a fine jet spraying a binder on the powder, but either has the potential for making much stronger and finer-detailed parts than filament printers. The downside is the upfront cost to him.

Reactions: rootdude
Buckrail appears to use more than one type of 3D printing technology. The segmented moderator linked below is made via SLS or selective laser sintered:

Many of the older moderators are printed via extruded molten filament:

Last edited:
I
Understandable, but bear in mind Buck-Rail's new printer isn't the traditional filament technology. I don't know the exact method his new printer uses, but it's likely either a laser melting the polymer powder, or a fine jet spraying a binder on the powder, but either has the potential for making much stronger and finer-detailed parts than filament printers. The downside is the upfront cost to him.
I have tried printed magazines over the years and they keep getting better and better. I’m not going to be hitting this snowflake with a ton of power so the weight savings is what interested me.

i really hate these third party money saving shipping parties , or at least in my location ! Seems to me my package go's all over the country before it arrives at my house taking a few days extra in transit . Seems to me it cost the USPS many more miles in transit to get the pkg. here '
Expecting the new LCD from Buck-Rail tomorrow instead of yesterday . Huston TX to NC. to Atlanta GA to Nashville and now tomorrow here near Bowing Green KY. (if?)

i really hate these third party money saving shipping parties , or at least in my location ! Seems to me my package go's all over the country before it arrives at my house taking a few days extra in transit . Seems to me it cost the USPS many more miles in transit to get the pkg. here '
Expecting the new LCD from Buck-Rail tomorrow instead of yesterday . Huston TX to NC. to Atlanta GA to Nashville and now tomorrow here near Bowing Green KY. (if?)
That's how FedEx is here. I watch the package circle my house for days.............then land a few days later.

Well if it stops my my house in Pa, I’ll test it for you.

Reactions: beerthief
Got mine today. Tested on a .177 that was using a two section Huma 40 in .22. My gun is more quiet with three sections of the mod removed. Full length it has a different tone that seems louder. The Huma with only two sections is noticeably quieter. But for $60, the Buckrail is worth it. I put a felt wrapped insert in the start section of the Buckrail and it helped just a tiny bit. Oh, and no clipping with the .177 model. So their tolerances with their printing these things is impressive.