Air Venturi Troubleshooting Advice- Venturi V10

Can anyone tell me what happened to my Venturi V10. Within the first 24 hours of receiving it from PA, after working beautifully, it would no longer cock. The initial down stroke of the lever builds pressure and then about half way down the air is completely and instantly released before the gun can cock. I do not hear where the air is escaping but I saw a piece of white plastic protruding from between the trigger guard on the right side. Below is a picture of it, and a picture of the right side showing no such plastic. I imagine it must be some part of the resevoir that blew out but I do not know. I called PA and they asked for pictures, and I sent them a bunch of pictures but no answer yet.

Is there a member here that might be able to repair this if PA declines a warranty claim?

If not, does the gun have any value as a parts gun or project gun for the mechanically inclined?

IMG_0902 (1).jpg
IMG_0884 (1).jpg

IMG_0902 (1).jpg

Can anyone tell me what happened to my Venturi V10. Within the first 24 hours of receiving it from PA, after working beautifully, it would no longer cock. The initial down stroke of the lever builds pressure and then about half way down the air is completely and instantly released before the gun can cock. I do not hear where the air is escaping but I saw a piece of white plastic protruding from between the trigger guard on the right side. Below is a picture of it, and a picture of the right side showing no such plastic. I imagine it must be some part of the resevoir that blew out but I do not know. I called PA and they asked for pictures, and I sent them a bunch of pictures but no answer yet.

Is there a member here that might be able to repair this if PA declines a warranty claim?

If not, does the gun have any value as a parts gun or project gun for the mechanically inclined?

View attachment 399243View attachment 399244

View attachment 399242
I would wait to hear back from PA. Not sure why you are thinking a parts or project gun, should be warranty.

Seems a nice pistol , id hook up with them and just do the rma.. I was tempted to grab a referb deal a few times on one .. .
I bought one from PA a couple of years ago. It's a great entry level 10m pistol, and a fun plinker. Nice and quiet for indoor practice too. I suspect something is out of whack with the trigger adjustment on sjs's gun. I like to dig in and fix my own stuff, but his being a brand new gun, I'd definitely send it back under warranty.

Ya, my last gun buy from them I sent it back 3 times .. one they sent back seemed used / had aftermarket non hw parts in it one came so rusted it creeked like a old back porch screen door , the last one the rear sight was all the way right and it still shot 2" left .. not happy with that sale . I'm kinda skiddish buying "new" from them now..lol

Reactions: sjs
sometimes you guys make me scratch my head
first off you could find a parts diagram and see the cover that has been on the Gamo Compact for what 30 years and if you think Air Venturi is making these, come on they have a hard time finding their pockets with their hands in them
now why it will not cock could be that the trigger is adjusted to much and or the pistol you have is bad
.the cove can't move it is held in place with 3 screw, it can't appear and disappear BUT it would be the first place i would look to see if there is anything to see it does hold the ends of at least 2 pins
SAM_0626.JPG
SAM_0627.JPG

like many SSP pistols they have what i call a lack valve to fire the gun
the valve is pulled open
now if the trigger and this is untested were to be adjusted too much the valve could be opening when the cocking handle is closing but i have never read anything like that before

the Webley Alecto has a bad habit if you get too greedy on the trigger you can pump it once and when you pump it twice it will fire
.now, that is apples and oranges but the fact is a misadjusted trigger can cause you grief
but to test that is to take a full turn off the trigger adjustment and test
i am not saying that the pistol doesn't have a problem but as with most things on forums, people ask questions and we as reader have to guess
taking the grips off and eyeballing all the pieces under the cover and looking at the trigger parts might shed light on the problem but if you don't now what you are looking at and or not understand the workings it might not help much
you have a problem but the cause is unknown a picture of the trigger group with the cover off could help
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/09/gamo-compact-target-pistol-part-2/