Other Truth behind Macavity Arms Prototype Airgun

I was just shooting mine, with a new tripod I just got, at 90y and man do I have that thing dialed in. It is really working out well. I agree though, Buck-Rail needs to do their magic if Macavity won't. They took a thorough dumping on from most reviewers for the stock so it will be intersting (if they survive) to see what they do for an encore.

My Avenge x Tac 25 cal likes those too. JSB makes the FX pellets for them. Mags generally don't improve performance if talking about shooting results. They all fit the breech the same no matter the mag. It comes down to durability, convenience and speed loading/unloading is what mags are judged on. 30 yds is cut and dry as a tac driver on my gun, the same at 40. I focus on 50 yds as my main range given the terrain and vegetation around my home in South Georgia for critter control purpose. I snipe from the front or back porch. in stealth mode. At 50 yds or more they never know what is about to hit them and it ain't lightning! lol JSB and FX pellets are my go to. The new AEA pellets come really close to the JSB and FX. JTS is pretty good too. I just don't like the tight fit when charging the gun. The others are are a perfect fit and smooth. You can't go wrong with either one. I have given up on slugs(Nielsen or Zan) on my Avenge X 25 tac. Not as tight in accuracy as the pellets despite slug delivering harder punch. I just think the gun needs a specially tuned barrel for it to be on the level as the FX, Daystate, BRK or any upper tier gun and I don't see myself jumping into that pool! lol Maybe Air Venturi can design one just for slugs as a add on since it is a modular platform. Do they even read what's in these forums written by shooters? Hint-hint.
Your Avenge X is using the same barrel as the Avenger. I don't know which slugs you tried, or at what speed, but I know that my brother set his reg to 2900psi and shoots the 29gr NSA @ 942fps and shoots 1.25" 100y groups. Yes, the pellets can shoot a little better in no wind, but do not hit has hard and drop a lot more. Throw in any wind and the slugs clean house. Just something to try if you didn't already, 10fps or .5gr difference in pellet weight can change everything.