• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Tulsa Field Target results September 14th 2024

Match report Tulsa Sept 14, 2024

Photos below

I’ve shot my fair share of FT matches over the last 10+ years but have not participated as an MD. (No, not doctor). I have a great deal of respect for those of you who do this with great regularity. Soldier on.

With our only two Tulsa Gun Club members Mark Welker and Curtis Nelson, at the PAC we were uncertain as to if we were going to able to hold a match as TGC requires a member to attend all events. The club must love us ‘cause they waived that requirement for this weekend. YEE’HAW!

Rick Cuccio and I were the interim MD’s for the event and we wanted the transition to go smoothly. We arrived at the gate opening to the club Saturday morning at eight. We went out to the range the evening before and set targets, strings, and practice targets as well as some minor lane work. This allowed us time to get score cards and lane chips set up and gave everyone a full ninety minutes for practice Saturday morning.

We had eleven shooters total with an Open Class shooter from Kansas and a WFTF shooter traveling from Arkansas (Welcome back Stan!). Three of us were local and six were from the Oklahoma City club. BIG SHOUT OUT to the guys who load up early in the morning and make a concerted effort to come shoot with us.

Sightron S6 sighting!

Tony Smith from the OKC club debuted his brand spanking new Sightron S6 and graciously allowed those who asked to have a peek and I can tell you this is one of the brightest, clearest, sharpest scope I’ve ever looked through. I also can tell you the rotation from 10-55 is huge!
Did I mention the price?
Hey! You don’t need two kidneys! Get ya one!

It should also be noted that several of the other OKC shooters have them in transit. The running joke was, there will be a new HFT class in OKC, the HFT-S6 class. (Just kidding!)

The Troyer was just a hair under 31 which is just about where most of our matches run.

The battle for the lead in HFT changed hands several times I’m sure as you can tell from the final scores. IMO the top five scores were up for grabs for a podium finish. Rick and I drew the same poker chips so we were paired up with each other and for us, it came down to the final shot on the final lane. He finished the lane and then it was my turn. My two near shots weren’t too difficult, but the far target was a 1” KZ at about 43 yards. I made the first shot but the second shot…. Obviously, for me, it didn’t come out as hoped for.

HFT

Rick Cuccio 50

Dave Cole 49

Bob Smith 48

Kem Smith 45 (forced lane wins)

Bob Benda 45

Mike Massie 42

Joe Underwood 37

Dubre Harris 36

Tony Smith 34

OPEN PCP

Michael Ashworth 48

WFTF

Stan Laloyanov 41

Next match will be October 12. Map and location can be found in the calendar tab of the forum. See you then!

IMG_7983.png

IMG_7987.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

IMG_7988.jpeg

IMG_7985.jpeg

IMG_7984.jpeg

IMG_7989.jpeg

IMG_7991.jpeg

IMG_7990.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

IMG_7997.jpeg