FX Tuning the FX Impact M3/M4 ??? (SOLVED)

16 on the macro is maximum not mid point
That i have also wondered often, why is it / people not tuning for a place in the middle, so they have the option to go both ways with that knob.
Before i modified my Mavericks power wheel to a micrometer i always tried to get things to fly right at a middle number ( of 7 available )

But it seem on Impacts PPL are always at 16 or 15 on that adjuster, giving them no / little adjustment at least in one direction.

PS: i am talking of a setting off point for your tune, not where you finally end up at. but to me it is funny the Impact ppl always end up at 15 or 16

Not familiar with the Impacts, but it seem like the valve adjuster ( which i think is the valve return spring ) nobody really touch that much, also what is indicated on the FX factory settings.
It is also sort of what i have learned on the assisted valve on my Two rifle, not really any need to touch that, or if you do make sub 1 mm adjustments, and even then i can not tell a difference, only when i have gone too far ( +1 mm ) either way do i see a difference and it is negative.

PS. i am a bit Amazed that they just set 130 BAR for a .357 / 9 mm, okay a smaller TP / path but on my .177 i have been to 140 BAR pushing 24 grain slugs thru a 700 mm long barrel.
And i assume even a light .357 are a lot heavier than 24 grain.
Your exactly right. The Valve adjuster stays at line 4 in all the tunes but for the .357 when you change it to 4.5. I don't think your meant to ever touch it. In the LCS SK-19 manual they actualy tell you "Don't touch the valve adjuster".

Reactions: Peashooter
That i have also wondered often, why is it / people not tuning for a place in the middle, so they have the option to go both ways with that knob.
Before i modified my Mavericks power wheel to a micrometer i always tried to get things to fly right at a middle number ( of 7 available )

But it seem on Impacts PPL are always at 16 or 15 on that adjuster, giving them no / little adjustment at least in one direction.

PS: i am talking of a setting off point for your tune, not where you finally end up at. but to me it is funny the Impact ppl always end up at 15 or 16
1. They don't want to change plenum pressure.

OR

2. The air valve is throttled.

My 30 cal, I purchased used. It had been tuned by Talon but the original owner messed with it. The air valve was 1.5 rings open, the macro was at 16 and the micro was at 4.

You had to send the pellet UPS to get it out of the barrel. It was less than 300 fps.

Reactions: Peashooter
The valve adjuster is to put the final touches on your tune for consistency and efficiency. It should not in my opinion be used to drop velocity. The method for dropping velocity depends upon how much you want to drop ? If it’s a little then you can do it with the power wheel or micro. If you want to go down more than a little you can do it the fast way that won’t be as consistent shot to shot by just moving the power wheel down or the more precise way by working the regulator and micro clicker down together to reach the desired point.