Kral Arms Tuning Unregulated PCP - Running out of Hammer Spring Adjustment

Little prettier for you. Setup chart to show all shots within 2% es with green dots. I left out your first few shots since you had blanks.

Also your efficiency is normal for an unregulated gun self regulating near plateau.

1727366971148.png

1727366325837.png

Last edited:
If you kept your fill pressure between shot 2 and 17 you'd have pretty stellar sub 2% ES, better if you were to try stretch out to 75+ yards.

-Matt
Yes 100%.

I was trying to find the sweet spot so I can setup the external bottle to proper PSI.. I'm thinking 200 BAR to 160/170 seems like a good range. If I get an external regulator would probably set that to 180BAR and call it a day. 4.7L tank would give me 100s of shots off the bench.

Mike

Reactions: Stubbers
Ah pretty cool.. I didn't now how to calculate that as I have read it before.. I believe under 2 is considered pretty good?

So I understand the math you used cylinder / tank volume or is this calculation irregardless of air volume on board?

Mike

Oh wait you're right, I left the air cylinder volume untouched from my gun, brain fart. I edited the above post to reflect what your efficiency is based on what I can determine from online documentation (260 cc for this gun). If its not 260cc feel free to correct me.

Air cylinder volume, shot count, avg fps/fpe, total air used.

1727367025436.png

1.3-1.5 FPE/CI is stellar, down towards 1 fpe/ci indicates you're near plateau or experiencing hammer bounce. For unregulated guns, its pretty normal to operate at the plateau as that is how they self regulate. So your efficiency is normal.

-Matt

Last edited:
Yes 260 CC tank..

I found an online calculator.. If I take the shot string from 200-165 and input it into the calculator I get about 1-4-1.5 FPE/CI. I guess you inputed the whole string?

On a non regulated gun I assume efficiencies change based on tank pressure as the valve / hammer combo work differently. You may get valve lock at beginning of shot string and then excessive hammer bounce at end of string due to less resistance to the valve?

Am I understanding that correctly?

Mike

Yes 260 CC tank..

I found an online calculator.. If I take the shot string from 200-165 and input it into the calculator I get about 1-4-1.5 FPE/CI. I guess you inputed the whole string?

On a non regulated gun I assume efficiencies change based on tank pressure as the valve / hammer combo work differently. You may get valve lock at beginning of shot string and then excessive hammer bounce at end of string due to less resistance to the valve?

Am I understanding that correctly?

Mike

I inputted from 210 down to 140.

I do notice you put in 170 - 914 twice...need to fix that in my calc, unless it wasn't a fluke?

A non-regulated gun self regulates primarily by operating at the high end of the fill in a valve lock state, and the mid/bottom half of the fill at plateau. So the closer to the peak you measure efficiency, the far higher it will be, compared to measuring it all, or the lower part.

Going from 200-165, I got 1.5 fpe/ci as well.

-Matt

I inputted from 210 down to 140.

I do notice you put in 170 - 914 twice...need to fix that in my calc, unless it wasn't a fluke?

A non-regulated gun self regulates primarily by operating at the high end of the fill in a valve lock state, and the mid/bottom half of the fill at plateau. So the closer to the peak you measure efficiency, the far higher it will be, compared to measuring it all, or the lower part.

Going from 200-165, I got 1.5 fpe/ci as well.

-Matt
Ya makes sense.. Learned something today which is a great day :)

I guess measuring overall efficiency on a regulated gun is simpler if you stay within regulator set point.

I see what you are meaning.. The valve lock mitigates the extra pressure to some degree so it opens valve less, and once you get to the other side of the plateau you loose a lot of efficiency due to hammer bounce / over sprung state, etc.

I see what you are meaning.. The valve lock mitigates the extra pressure to some degree so it opens valve less, and once you get to the other side of the plateau you loose a lot of efficiency due to hammer bounce / over sprung state, etc.

More so because its operating at plateau, but hammer bounce could become more prevalent on the lower half of the fill with unregulated.
I guess measuring overall efficiency on a regulated gun is simpler if you stay within regulator set point.

You can measure efficiency just fine while going below regulator set point provided the calculator compensates for it, mine does, most don't.

-Matt