Tuning Tutorial: Adjusting Weihrauch HW110 Hammer Spring Preload

HW110 Hammer Spring Adjustment:

As there is not a lot of information on the HW110 in the US. I thought I would create a tutorial for this forum on how to adjust pellet speed via the adjuster on the HW110’s hammer spring shuttle.

(This should also be relevant to HW44 pistol owners.)

I also created instructions for how to adjust regulator pressure and how to change out the hammer spring shuttle (if you want to swap the sub-12 shuttle for the FAC shuttle or vice-versa)

ADJUSTING HAMMER SPRING TENSION:

First some Important Things to Note (to avoid breaking your hammer spring adjuster):

#1: When adjusting the hammer spring tension in these HW110 shuttles you turn the 4mm Allen adjustment screw in (clockwise) to REDUCE pellet speed. You turn the 4mm allen adjustment screw counterclockwise to INCREASE pellet speed. Trust me, I have both versions (FAC and sub-12) of the hammer spring shuttle and have done this countless times.

#2 - MAJOR NOTE: You MUST loosen a little Torx T-8 lockdown screw that is INSIDE the 4mm Allen key adjustment screw hole. If you don’t loosen (counterclockwise to loosen) this little T-8 lockdown screw BEFORE attempting to adjust hammer spring tension with the 4mm Allen, you will BREAK your hammer spring adjuster. Trust me, I got bad information from some UK sites and broke one of mine. Weihrauch actually emailed me and informed me of the T-8 lockdown screw. After you complete adjusting your hammer spring, you should tighten the T-8 lockdown screw back down - just finger snug - don’t overtighten. Both the FAC and sub-12 versions of the hammer spring shuttle have the T-8 lockdown screw. I own both versions (FAC and sub-12) of the hammer spring shuttle and have confirmed this. (I purchased both 2022 versions - FAC & sub-12 - from a UK store called AirGunSpares.com).

New HW110 rifles sold in the UK have a plug in the hammer spring adjuster port - that prevents any adjustment. I’m not certain if Weihrauch has the T-8 screw installed under the plug.

#3: The FAC hammer spring shuttle has 6.5 turns of adjustment available. The UK sub-12 version has 6.5 turns of adjustment available. (edited from my original post - I loosened the torx 8 lockdown screw a bit more and was able to verify 6.5 turns of adjustment available on the FAC hammer spring shuttle- same adjustment range - in turns - as the sub12 version)

#4: Only adjust the hammer spring tension when the rifle is UNCOCKED. If you attempt to adjust when cocked, you will notice it won’t turn easily- don’t turn or you will likely break your adjuster.

Steps:
Step 1: Remove two stock bolts - the shorter bolt is towards muzzle

Step 2: Remove trigger guard. Remove Allen screw and then tap out pin.

Step 3: when adjusting (remember to loosen the T-8 locking grub screw BEFORE turning the 4mm allen adjustment).

I recommend installing the rifle back in the stock WITHOUT the trigger guard. This allows your to adjust your hammer spring tension while shooting - i.e. shoot a group, evaluate results, adjust tension, shoot another group, etc.
If you use my method, you will have to be careful not to bump the trigger, as the trigger guard in not in place to protect the trigger from damage.

Step 4: Once you have the desired hammer spring tension, you can take the stock off, reinstall the trigger guard and then reinstall back into the stock.

Results (updated with more pellets as of September 20, 2022) with regulator at 150 bar (factory FAC reg pressure) and FAC hammer spring shuttle:

14.66g pellet H&N FTT: Min Velocity = 382 fps Max Velocity = 965fps
15.89g pellet JSB : Min Velocity = 335fps Max Velocity = 925fps
18.13g pellet JSB: Min Velocity = 318fps Max Velocity = 889fps
21.14g pellet H&N: Min Velocity = 277fps Max Velocity = 847fps

I hope this helps HW110 / HW44 owners who want to tune their pellet velocity. The rifle is noticeably louder at max velocity with the factory regulator setting of 150bar for FAC.

78BC335B-6DBF-4D3C-BFA3-02F0A82181C1.jpeg

10FDD00E-DFA2-424E-AF2A-F2A129F47357.jpeg

09120929-1873-4A13-A28C-565F6C5E0C78.jpeg

4D97D32E-9DF8-405C-AF4D-C47798F928B5.jpeg

79BE8F28-A86F-4AA3-8D69-733FA4E2BD5A.jpeg

D20991D4-666D-477B-8947-467575E63245.jpeg

A7EF7CEB-D407-4EC9-B4DE-F45217C8F842.jpeg

ECC47270-4323-45B9-A751-72C7B35D0D76.jpeg

B0F66F89-3BD2-4814-88A7-2F1A863118A5.jpeg

1EC9D280-A38A-4362-BED4-51E979E1B415.jpeg

I wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to the original poster. I bought a complete hammer assembly to address power level issues with my HW110 and having adjusted it, over a relatively short time it would lose its settings and power would decline. I remember thinking that the adjustment with the 4mm Allen key was very easy and wondered if vibration was causing the settings work to become undone. I searched the internet for any info on a locking screw and came across this post about the T8 torx grubscrew. I can confirm its existence! I was getting very frustrated with the gun and continuous adjustment so I was very happy to discover the post and confirm what my issue was.

I wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to the original poster. I bought a complete hammer assembly to address power level issues with my HW110 and having adjusted it, over a relatively short time it would lose its settings and power would decline. I remember thinking that the adjustment with the 4mm Allen key was very easy and wondered if vibration was causing the settings work to become undone. I searched the internet for any info on a locking screw and came across this post about the T8 torx grubscrew. I can confirm its existence! I was getting very frustrated with the gun and continuous adjustment so I was very happy to discover the post and confirm what my issue was.

Glad I could help.

I learned of the locking grub screw the hard way - following instructions on the website of a UK Weihrauch tuner. That website did not show/mention the locking T8 grub screw so I broke my original hammer spring shuttle adjuster bar by turning the 4mm Allen without first loosening the locking grub.

I emailed Weihrauch and they replied and told me about the locking grub screw.

-Ed

Reactions: ches99
Is there any good info/pics or a video that u actualy see something for how to dissasemble and assemble this crappy rifle ?

Bought it used and only9fpe so had to pull it apart to take out the antitamper.. after alot of strugle i got the hammer out, then after even more strugle back but it wont go fully forward and tried to pull it again with no sucess.

This must be weihrauchs cheapest and worse made piece ever, next ill buy a quality hatsan :)

Would be thankfull of some advices..

Is there any good info/pics or a video that u actualy see something for how to dissasemble and assemble this crappy rifle ?

Bought it used and only9fpe so had to pull it apart to take out the antitamper.. after alot of strugle i got the hammer out, then after even more strugle back but it wont go fully forward and tried to pull it again with no sucess.

This must be weihrauchs cheapest and worse made piece ever, next ill buy a quality hatsan :)

Would be thankfull of some advices..
Hi,

You can’t get the hammer spring shuttle back in because the cocking groove rotated out of sight and you didn’t realign it visable before you tried to put back into the gun.

The nub on the cocking arm goes into this groove.

Shake the shuttle until it rotates back into view.

You can see the cocking groove in this photo, it’s partially rotated out of sight. I’m betting yours is fully out of sight.

-Ed

IMG_2780.jpeg

Hi,

You can’t get the hammer spring shuttle back in because the cocking groove rotated out of sight and you didn’t realign it visable before you tried to put back into the gun.

You can see the cocking groove in this photo, it’s partially rotated out of sight. I’m betting yours is fully out of sight.

-Ed

View attachment 387577
Thanks for reply! I allready had it working..

It was alligned, the problem was i inserted before the groove in the shorter section🙄 i also learned how to get the lower black metall in place and to release.. wery poor quality on the metall parts also if you ask me. + pooptier polymer frame, i have owned a hw100 and 1000%better gun. I assembled the mag release on the left side now,and it helps when releasing the poor mag.

I have owned maybe ~50different pcp and atleast 50 springers(i like them) so this was not the first😅

Btw ~900-915fps with jsb 8.44 hammer spring pressure maxed. Iam happy with that.

was seeking about them numbers(this is my wifes gun for plinking)

i have bigger if need fpe.
But like my springers

Greetings from finland -Carl

Hi,

-Ed

View attachment 387577
Greetings from finland :D i could not fit my other walther lgv,blue and res diana sport,gamo 1250 hunter(england) patriot and non of pcp in same photo :) just the airbow

IMG_20230910_011622.jpg