TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

1. Check Valve Inspection: Ensure the stage 2 input check valve is functioning correctly. If it’s worn or damaged, replacing it might solve the problem.
  2. Surface Condition: The burn marks and potential dents around the input hole in the aluminum head could be contributing to the leakage. Consider lapping (smoothing) the surface to improve the seal.
  3. New Cylinder Heads: Ordering new cylinder heads is a practical step. Replacing them might resolve the issue without requiring machine work.
The machine work needn't be professional or costly to get stuff to seat.

I need to acknowledge that what I consider simple and the tools people should have is HIGHLY skewed and I apologize to those who are early/learning. I'm NOT an expert, just dangerously handy and equiped.

1. Check Valve Inspection: Ensure the stage 2 input check valve is functioning correctly. If it’s worn or damaged, replacing it might solve the problem.
  2. Surface Condition: The burn marks and potential dents around the input hole in the aluminum head could be contributing to the leakage. Consider lapping (smoothing) the surface to improve the seal.
  3. New Cylinder Heads: Ordering new cylinder heads is a practical step. Replacing them might resolve the issue without requiring machine work.
Thank you. I realise my prior posts are verbose. I ordered the heads because I didn't want to interrupt production to put it on a lathe. I was hoping that someone had a quick solution. If I was fixing it myself I would find a home brew solution. However, time is tight, machines are busy and my engineering intern doesn't have enough experience to find solution. I was hoping he could clone someone else's home brew solution faster than new heads would arrive to save time and coin. ALL GOOD, I appreciate the quick input from everyone.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I know, and it's all trash. Thankfully the world im working in is either high end parts made here, or vintage stuff made at one of gms plants when cars were good...... Pre smog 😂. Like airguns, the chinese offerings work well enough, but it's cheap junk in the grand scheme (please nobody be offended and search your feelings, you know it to be true) . Including my high dollar tuxing 4 cylinder compressor . It's good enough, but it's no Bauer. My posts on aea hp series will fill you in 😂
Not completely true. We have taught them well.

Last edited:
Thank you. I realise my prior posts are verbose. I ordered the heads because I didn't want to interrupt production to put it on a lathe. I was hoping that someone had a quick solution. If I was fixing it myself I would find a home brew solution. However, time is tight, machines are busy and my engineering intern doesn't have enough experience to find solution. I was hoping he could clone someone else's home brew solution faster than new heads would arrive to save time and coin. ALL GOOD, I appreciate the quick input from everyone.
You're very welcome, lol from all.

I am going to do 2 part review. this first is on inital unpacking and break in with a tank top off: The second will be on filtration after a full fill.

Unit arrived in good condition no damage to box or unit. I was very suprised that they had foam inserts packed around all components very pleased. The unit is a little bigger and heavier than AV 4500 but this is due to the dual filter system and the larger air cooling system. Setup is very easy I used Purple syn lube 100 for the crank case. It comes with a air intake dryer setup as well as a twin water filter seperator for the output. The second stage piston is bigger than the AV and quite frankly I have to say it is much stouter than the AV. THe cooling system is routed very well and there is excellent water circulation thru out the entire system. The pump is on the outside of the tank which is a bonus in my book, the radiator is the full length of the compressor frame with 3 large cooling fans to circulate air flow. System holds 5L of water including the plumbing and radiator. This model runs on 120volts. I was suprised by the accessories and spares provided, all cylinder gaskets filter replacement media several burst disks and multible fittings to connect to tanks. Hose whips are sturdy and very well made.

After a 10 minute breakin period which had no issues I decided to top off my 74cf tank. Started at 3000psi and topped to 4500psi the process took less than 11 minutes, the air gauge is very accurate and shutoff was dead on at 4500psi. There are 2 air bleeds one for the water trap and the other for the filter seperator. I did find that during operation openeing the water trap worked very well I live in a high humidty region, I checked the second drain and found NO water present so the first trap is definantly doing its job. Noise and vibration are less than my AV I actually had a normal conversation while it was running - and it topped off the tank 9 minutes faster than the AV. The only draw back I see so far is the inlet dryer, the vibration does cause the beads to move around at the top of the canister which could cause some dusting issues there is a flat filter on the bottom of the can to help prevent this from getting in compressor I did not notice any dust after initial running. The temperature did very well, the secondary cylinder were temp probe is located never exceeded 60 Celcius and after shutdown the cooling system rapidly brought the temp down a very good cooling system in MHO. I used a laser thermometer and along with a second surface temp gauge, the upper secondary cylinder cooling head ran at 90 degrees the primary cylinder cooling head at 107 degrees, much lower than my AV.

Overall intially I am impressed I have to say. I will be using this exstenivley over the next couple weeks and will update this post to let you know how it holds up, but so far I would have to say this is a well built unit and worth the price.

View attachment 116036View attachment 116045View attachment 116059View attachment 116063

I added one to my Tuxing 4 cylinder compressor, a few dollars well spent.
Ebay has a huge variety.

plug.PNG

I’ve been reading this thread with interest, the one thing that I haven’t seen mentioned is a magnetic drain plug. I was wondering if one is available or if anyone has tried to make one. It just seems to me that it would be a good addition. Any thoughts?
Is there that much steel in them for the mag to catch ..lol. I figured it looked more all high quality china military grade aircraft aluminum..🤤

Update. Still battling Tuxing. I have now ordered 2 high pressure heads on Amazon. The first order arrived as a complete Yong Heng cylinder, rod, piston, head assembly. They claim it's the new design (installed and runs super hot 73C unloaded). The second order arrived as only a high pressure head but again looks like Yong heng. They keep telling me it's the new design and I'm doing something wrong. Ordered a TXEDT031 to use as a manual since they aren't sending diagrams and I figured I would see how the digital gauge is wired (purchased one separately to upgrade mine) and I figured it wouldn't hurt to leave the 2nd compressor set up at buddy's house where I shoot. So totaly willing to have 2 of these so long as both working and digital. No luck. Received an 031 compressor but with broken analog gauge (packed very well so broken gauge was factory install). The heads match my 032 so "new design" is a lie. Returning the 031 compressor for false advetising (no digital gauge) and the fact it has a broken analog gauge. The 031 runs at 50c compressing just like my 032 did until the check valve break down. Going to remachine my high pressure head to properly seat the check valve. Then later this year buy the GX k2 compressor.

I do have clarity on the check valve problem. My high pressure head has a couple of dents where the floating check valve disk is supposed to seal the input from the 1st cylinder. I thought they were from carbon except there was no carbon (running nuvair oil). When I took the high pressure head apart on the 031 it head metal chips in that area. My 032 likely had them too at one time and they dented the seat are. I will reface that area with a boring bar and it should solve the problem. Looking at the Yong Heng head they sent, the Yong Heng has a much better check valve design but it's bigger and doesn't allow for as much 2nd stage cooling, which is why it runs hotter. The 031 only has 1 fan as opposed to 3 fans and bigger radiator on the 032. So it does run cool without pressure but will gain heat because it can't dump it as fast as the 032, so it will not fill as big a cylinder without additional creative cooling.

Final update on high pressure head back feeding air to low pressure head. O-rings on 4 bolts on top of head compress. Increasing volume at top of stroke. Replaced with fiber crush washers. Also, when replacing cylinder gaskets same problem is created because all the gaskets are diffrent thickness. Summary proper thin gaskets and fiber crush washers under the 4 bolts resolved all issues without remachining the head. Analysis: if the volume in high pressure cylinder is too great at top of stroke the incomming check valve is not activated and you can't get high preasure and you back feed higher pressure to stage 1.The smaller the volume the faster it pumps up the filters.