Tuxing double cylinder oil question

Hello, I have a tuxing double cylinder and the oil looks white there's no water in the oil no water leaks anywhere I'm using husky 100% full synthetic air compressor oil. The oil is very clear when it comes out the bottle and stays clear when I run the compressor under no load but when I go to fill a tank or gun it changes to this white color.

FB_IMG_1722820561224.jpg

There's oil at the tip of the red dot I made sure I don't know why the picture makes it look like that
Hello @anonymous_.457

It appears to me that the oil is "white" in color but more likely it has turned to a foam. Tiny little bubbles and if that is the case, then something is wrong within the oil, maybe some water. I would not take any chance and would drain and then refill. Examine the oil very close.

ThomasT

Hello @anonymous_.457

It appears to me that the oil is "white" in color but more likely it has turned to a foam. Tiny little bubbles and if that is the case, then something is wrong within the oil, maybe some water. I would not take any chance and would drain and then refill. Examine the oil very close.

ThomasT
Yeah I drained it already and the oil was white but didn't see any water or feel any water in it. It still felt like regular oil. Just changed color so I put new oil in it and it did it again what's weird it only does it when filling something

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello, I have a tuxing double cylinder and the oil looks white there's no water in the oil no water leaks anywhere I'm using husky 100% full synthetic air compressor oil. The oil is very clear when it comes out the bottle and stays clear when I run the compressor under no load but when I go to fill a tank or gun it changes to this white color.

View attachment 485828
It looks like air is mixing with the oil when the compressor is pumping under pressure. If this started after you started adding a different oil brand , my guess would be it’s just something about that specific oil. I think I would drain it and add a different brand into the compressor and see if it keeps happening. If it was moisture it seems like it would separate when the oil cleared back up. possibly it would be hard to actually see in the sight glass idk. the oil in my vacuum pump will do that when it removes a larger volume of air sometimes, that’s the reason I think possibly something similar is happening to your compressor oil. It’s just a guess though. Hopefully you find the exact reason quickly. Please post if you do, I’m very curious. Best of luck with it as well.

It looks like air is mixing with the oil when the compressor is pumping under pressure. If this started after you started adding a different oil brand , my guess would be it’s just something about that specific oil. I think I would drain it and add a different brand into the compressor and see if it keeps happening. If it was moisture it seems like it would separate when the oil cleared back up. possibly it would be hard to actually see in the sight glass idk. the oil in my vacuum pump will do that when it removes a larger volume of air sometimes, that’s the reason I think possibly something similar is happening to your compressor oil. It’s just a guess though. Hopefully you find the exact reason quickly. Please post if you do, I’m very curious. Best of luck with it as well.
It did it with the other oil I was using too. At this point I guess not worry about it and just run it 🤷

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
First clue is these compressor folks seen to not want to say what oil or sell a jug of it as a maintenance part .

Thoes that do recommend / use hydrologic fluid oil . ( Seems younghung states it)

That husky oil is basically meant for household/ shop compressor under 300psi . Not for 4000.. so with that the brake down is pretty quick to instant .

Now you can check themore real scuba compressor folks like bayre or clorti or max-air on there high pressure use oils ..

Maybe a better choice as a example sake

A tuxing rep in a q&a answered

iso vg 46 hydraulic oil... Or food grade oil .. ( and not suggesting any info on what food grade oil ..lol)

Like I said above ..

But why is it not in your manual . That should be basic info ..lol.

Sounds to me like email tuxing and have them answer and put the ball in there court if it fails . Then you got there email on the oil to be used ..

PCP🙄😏🥴. Wow

Reactions: anonymous_.457
A tuxing rep in a q&a answered

iso vg 46 hydraulic oil... Or food grade oil .. ( and not suggesting any info on what food grade oil ..lol)

Like I said above ..

But why is it not in your manual . That should be basic info ..lol.

Sounds to me like email tuxing and have them answer and put the ball in there court if it fails . Then you got there email on the oil to be used ..

PCP🙄😏🥴. Wow
Well I'm using what the Manuel recommends 100% synthetic compressor oil at this point I'm gonna run it like that. But keep a eye on it at the same time I topped My small tank off today with no issues.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Well I'm using what the Manuel recommends 100% synthetic compressor oil at this point I'm gonna run it like that. But keep a eye on it at the same time I topped My small tank off today with no issues.
Then got to wonder why the tuxing guy said hydrologic oil .. young hung also states that hyd oil ..

It's like they don't even know and guess ..lol

One thing for sure there not being straight with a correct answer .. that kinda makes me suspect in and product if there kerping stuff hid or smoke screening you .. ( and why in not anpco guy ).

I just looks like you do what you feels best and hope it don't burn up prematurely..lol

When I first used my Young Heng compressor, I picked up the Synthetic Husky Oil at Home Depot. It always had a burnt smell and would carbon up the insides of the pump. That oil is for LOW COMPRESSION - less than 300 PSI. You're probably over 3,000 PSI. I now run the SECO and no carbon in the upper head area and it doesn't smell burnt.

Once you've run the pump until it's "WHITE" drain it into a Glass jar and sit it somewhere and see if moisture or air separates out. I believe these compressors use a "Oil Sling" that just splashes oil everywhere. If it separates and you have water, well you have a leak to find.
Let us know.

Smitty

When I first used my Young Heng compressor, I picked up the Synthetic Husky Oil at Home Depot. It always had a burnt smell and would carbon up the insides of the pump. That oil is for LOW COMPRESSION - less than 300 PSI. You're probably over 3,000 PSI. I now run the SECO and no carbon in the upper head area and it doesn't smell burnt.

Once you've run the pump until it's "WHITE" drain it into a Glass jar and sit it somewhere and see if moisture or air separates out. I believe these compressors use a "Oil Sling" that just splashes oil everywhere. If it separates and you have water, well you have a leak to find.
Let us know.

Smitty
There's no leaks the only thing I can think of is mostuire getting in the breather

There's no leaks the only thing I can think of is mostuire getting in the breather
hmmm, you ran it until it was white again and drained the oil? Can you deadhead the compressor, run it up to 3000 PSI, shut it off and listen for air leaks? You might have to start taking apart the inlet (low pressure) side and seeing if there is any evidence moisture. If not take apart the high side and look for leaks.

Smitty

hmmm, you ran it until it was white again and drained the oil? Can you deadhead the compressor, run it up to 3000 PSI, shut it off and listen for air leaks? You might have to start taking apart the inlet (low pressure) side and seeing if there is any evidence moisture. If not take apart the high side and look for leaks.

Smitty
There's no leaks... I'm thinking it's humidity going in the breather