Two mice, one pill!

weevil

Dec 19, 2022
Utah
Not exactly a trophy…
IMG_0864.jpeg

… but it’s not easy to get one of these at 60y. Tagged with a Leshiy 2 .177 short shooting 10 grain Zan slugs at 905fps. Still shocked that this little rig, with just a 250mm barrel, can deliver those pills at 19fpe and is so accurate and quiet!

IMG_0865.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a life-long hunter with a strong stomach, but some of the pics you all post are just so unnecessarily gory. I just don't understand the fascination with animals being blown apart. But this one is on another level containing a fetus. As hunters we all know gory things happen occasionally and we deal with it, but when did that turn into the compulsion to photograph and then share such carnage? Not trying to flame. Just sharing my thoughts after what seems like a stark increase in such pics over the past year or more.

I'm a life-long hunter with a strong stomach, but some of the pics you all post are just so unnecessarily gory. I just don't understand the fascination with animals being blown apart. But this one is on another level containing a fetus. As hunters we all know gory things happen occasionally and we deal with it, but when did that turn into the compulsion to photograph and then share such carnage? Not trying to flame. Just sharing my thoughts after what seems like a stark increase in such pics over the past year or more.
I can’t argue with this. Before there was a head shot topic, someone suggested one because of the vitals topic. I voiced my disapproval. I personally felt it was going just a little too far. But someone in the topic said if you don’t like, you don’t have to look. I watched that topic get started. It was slow at first then gained traction. I eventually figured if this is what gore mongers want then even I’ll contribute a few so I’m guilty. But if Micheal said stop, I wouldn’t complain a bit.

Maybe a fetus topic will soon appear. Give guys a reason for a new gun/caliber/projectile. I respect your opinion on this subject because it’s valid.

The only way to turn a great shot into an issue is to post it on the internet. The only issue with that shot is that it was posted on the internet.

I'm not sure a gut shot mouse is worth the trouble, but if you feel it is a trophy shot worth sharing I'm sure there are those that can appreciate it.

I hope you kill a hundred more just like it. Id love to hear the story. I just hope I don't see the photos.

Great shot anyway. And a very nice rifle.

Reactions: L.Leon
Man what a trophy mouse! I bet he scores a 50 Boone and Crockett! He's HUGE!

What are the ear measurements on that big rascal? Will you have him mounted?

Sportsman's Warehouse buys big trophies to hang on their wall. They pay top dollar. I have a 7x7 elk mount on the wall in their Phoenix location. I bet they would be interested in that mouse if you are willing to part with it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I don’t think he thinks it a trophy, just an accomplishment. I shoot mice almost nightly because it’s one of the few animals that I almost can’t feel any guilt about exploding them. No concern about hurting the population or messing with the ecosystem. I shot my little army guys when I was a kid. Now I use $3,000 guns to pop mice. I hate cats. So I’m the cat around my property.

For me, mice start getting tricky around 50 yards. A 60 yarder is a nice shot. When I shoot them at 100 and beyond, I just hold for the bright eyes. Then let the slug land where it may.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein