Two of the best higher power PCP pistols.

Veles - 1.jpeg

Figured I'd start with the airgun pic and then talk about them. I've posted about these before, but haven't used them in a while and just got to them again in the pistol rotation so I got excited.

These are the EdGun Veles in .177 (top) and .22. Both tuned with Huma regulators.
The .177 is shooting 10.34gr @ 700 fps (11.25 fpe)
The .22 is shooting 15.89gr @ 725 fpr (18.55 fpe)

Both are extremely quiet with the stock moderators for the power output. Both very accurate and capable of sub 1" groups out to ~45 yards in my backyard rested on a bag. About 20 shots each per fill (maybe more - I've never chrono'd them to off reg). Not a match trigger, but still very usable.

.How do they compare to the HW44? All around, and pricing?
Who's the question for ?

I don't think any of the three noted above are readily available.
I know that the Ocelot is out of production and I believe the Edgun Veles is also out of production.
You'll have to keep a watch on all of the, for sale / market place sites, to possibly find a used one. I bought the Ocelot used. I've seen both guns for sale at different times.

Mike

Reactions: .20calguy
How do they compare to the HW44? All around, and pricing?
As Mike noted - the Veles is an older pistol model EdGun made. Not sure how many are out there but I haven't seen more than a few and my serial numbers are very low.

As far as the HW44 goes it's not really a comparison as the HW44 is still available and more refined in the trigger group area. For accuracy though I wouldn't hesitate to say they are on par with each other. For noise level the nod goes to Veles - nothing more than a pfft sound.
Weight wise you might look at the Veles and think it's a bulky heavy beast, but they are surprisingly very light. Even scoped I'd say the smaller 177 is lighter than a HW44.

Reactions: .20calguy
Who's the question for ?

I don't think any of the three noted above are readily available.
I know that the Ocelot is out of production and I believe the Edgun Veles is also out of production.
You'll have to keep a watch on all of the, for sale / market place sites, to possibly find a used one. I bought the Ocelot used. I've seen both guns for sale at different times.

Mike
Good morning Mike
Yes I realize that now.
Those are nice.
The HW44 is a bit of a stretch at a grand, but its a lot of pistol, and an HW.