Benjamin Two questions for Marauder owners.

Do they still make a hammer debouncer and some kind of hammer spring kit for the Marauder? I heard it's a big improvement, I researched it and saw lots of talk about it, but couldn't find any of those items still for sale. So any suggestions to that would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes, JSAR has their TSS and SSG in stock time to time and AGR has two, a heavy and a light, SSGs. And it is not hard to make your own. Here is an early version of an free flight hammer I made up. It was not fully adjustable externally but worked great once dialed in.

To adjust gap, I used a plug in the end cap, modified version of the original part. So the spring assembly length/compression had to be preset and then I could adjust the gap with the end cap plug. And if you search around there are many older threads showing all sorts of FFH and SSGs for inspiration.

Not to harp on how much I like the AGR thumb rest, but what makes it so nice is that it sticks out behind the end cap about 3/4 of an inch and beyond the curve of the grip to allow my thumb to sit solidly on the rest. May or may not like the look but looks are not everything and the protruding rest works great!

That the rest protrudes rearward of the end cap and stock is what makes the grip length perfect for wrapping one or two fingers around the bolt handle in close to the bolt and the thumb on the rest and then just squeeze your hand, again, like squeezing a rubber ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Air King
Do they still make a hammer debouncer and some kind of hammer spring kit for the Marauder? I heard it's a big improvement, I researched it and saw lots of talk about it, but couldn't find any of those items still for sale. So any suggestions to that would be appreciated, thanks.
Yes but hill makes even nicer stuff check it out

Yes but hill makes even nicer stuff check it out
Screenshot_20240722_202523_Chrome.jpg

Far from any records at 70 fpe with a Marauder. I can push mine over 100 fpe, and I am not the first to have one able to, although I don't tune/shoot at that power level, as its absurd for the platform.

-Matt
I miss spoke the 34 grain at 1100 fps is almost a 100 fpe had to break out the calulater as really dont care because i dont shoot at that speed was just trying to make a point not brag lol

Reactions: uladz and Air King
Of course when i say record i mean for the Marauder

I have two M-Rod .25 calibers that can reach 70 fpe. And they are both regulated and have very light hammer springs and are easy to cock. The trick is to have a useful shot count and consistent velocity instead of a steep decline off a cliff shot string. As well, to get 70 fpe even with a .25 and 34 grain pellets you need 960 fps and pellets are generally not very accurate beyond about 900 fps. My rifle, especially with it's new transfer port ( ;) ), can get about 8 shots at 960 fps with JSB 34 grain pellets and the pellets corkscrew ruining accuracy. At 900 fps it shoots one hole at 30 yards and at 840 fps and 54 fpe it will shoot 24 shots, flat velocity and great accuracy. And that 54 fpe is way more practical than when I crank it up to 70 fpe. What is fun, on a cool day, is the supersonic crack that echos across the field behind me with those GTO alloy 16 grain pellets. And they are surprisingly accurate out to about 25 yards or less where they transition back to subsonic and go wonky in the process. But they evaporate a HOSP at 20 yards!

I would be very curious to see your pellet weight, velocity and shot string for that 70 fpe rifle?

I have two M-Rod .25 calibers that can reach 70 fpe. And they are both regulated and have very light hammer springs and are easy to cock. The trick is to have a useful shot count and consistent velocity instead of a steep decline off a cliff shot string. As well, to get 70 fpe even with a .25 and 34 grain pellets you need 960 fps and pellets are generally not very accurate beyond about 900 fps. My rifle, especially with it's new transfer port ( ;) ), can get about 8 shots at 960 fps with JSB 34 grain pellets and the pellets corkscrew ruining accuracy. At 900 fps it shoots one hole at 30 yards and at 840 fps and 54 fpe it will shoot 24 shots, flat velocity and great accuracy. And that 54 fpe is way more practical than when I crank it up to 70 fpe.

I would be very curious to see your pellet weight, velocity and shot string for that 70 fpe rifle?
Try shooting slugs