Benjamin Two questions for Marauder owners.

Try shooting slugs

Have you replaced the barrel with one without a choke, which perhaps you have? The Marauder has a choked barrel which is perfect for the pellets but none of my four M-Rods will do anything with any of the many slugs that I have tried that can even be construed as a group. They just go all over the place.

Here is a shot string from one of my regulated M-Rods:

Last edited:
Reactions: uladz and Kpac
Have you replaced the barrel with one without a choke, which perhaps you have? The Marauder has a choked barrel which is perfect for the pellets but none of my four M-Rods will do anything with any of the many slugs that I have tried that can even be construed as a group. They just go all over the place.
Yes slugs work fantastic with the lothar walther barrel i have and great with pellets also

Reactions: 3Crows
Yes slugs work fantastic with the lothar walther barrel i have and great with pellets also
Here if need one
Screenshot_20240722_225453_Chrome.jpg

Here is a group from one of my regulated M-Rods:

what is this a screenshot of?

what is this a screenshot of?
I am not sure I understand the question? That is a spreadsheet program from a gentleman on GTA, you can download it. That screenshot is a shot string from one of my regulated M-Rod rifles.

I was wishing to see the shot string for the "70" fpe rifle. Thus I gave an example of a shot string for one of mine. Starting pressure, ending pressure, chrono velocity for each shot, pellet weight and fpe. The "70" fpe is a nice and impressive number, but it really is meaningless without data. And on that subject, do not need the fancy spreadsheet program, but do need a chronometer to tune an air rifle and to actually see what the rifle is doing. Otherwise just wasting air and pellets and guessing.

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand the question? That is a spreadsheet program from a gentleman on GTA, you can download it. That screenshot is a shot string from one of my regulated M-Rod rifles.

I was wishing to see a shot string for the "70" fpe rifle. Thus I gave an example of a shot string for one of mine. Starting pressure, ending pressure, chrono velocity for each shot, pellet weight and fpe. The "70" fpe is a nice and impressive number, but it really is meaningless without data. And on that subject, do not need the fancy spreadsheet program, but do need a chronometer to tune an air rifle and to actually see what the rifle is doing. Otherwise just wasting air and pellets and guessing.

Heres my 60 FPE string. 24 shots from ~3250 down to ~1900.... .56% ES with an SD of 2

1721747475798.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kpac and 3Crows
Heres my 60 FPE string. 24 shots from ~3250 down to ~1900.... .56% ES with an SD of 2

View attachment 482126
That is a great string, outstanding. Very similar to my JSAR M-Rod at 60 fpe except that I do not go over 3,000 psi (JSAR aluminum tube) fill, reg at 1,900(?) psi which puts me at 18 shots before dropping off reg with two more good shots afterwards. Interesting, thank you.

Uh, well, thanks to a new TP ;), I may have to revisit tuning. I had turned that rifle down to 50 fpe for JSB Hades and thanks to the new TP was able to back the hammer gap out an additional half turn and it is very sensitive to small adjustments so that is huge!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbers

I was wishing to see the shot string for the "70" fpe rifle. Thus I gave an example of a shot string for one of mine. Starting pressure, ending pressure, chrono velocity for each shot, pellet weight and fpe. The "70" fpe is a nice and impressive number, but it really is meaningless without data. And on that subject, do not need the fancy spreadsheet program, but do need a chronometer to tune an air rifle and to actually see what the rifle is doing. Otherwise just wasting air and pellets and guessing.
Pardon my ignorance. Yes, I was asking about the spreadsheet program, because I have not seen that before and in general I am just learning all of the tech and tools that you folks use in this community/hobby :)

Would you be okay to please share with me a link to that download you mentioned? if you're not allowed to post links here for some reason, you're welcome to send me a PM.

Reactions: Stubbers and uladz
Pardon my ignorance. Yes, I was asking about the spreadsheet program, because I have not seen that before and in general I am just learning all of the tech and tools that you folks use in this community/hobby :)

Would you be okay to please share with me a link to that download you mentioned? if you're not allowed to post links here for some reason, you're welcome to send me a PM.
I would be very interested in this software too. Please post a link. Thank you!

You will need to go over on GTA and just start a thread in the PCP (Darkside) forum, the owner will pop in. Problem with being 70 yo is that sometimes I forget who gave me what. The program is free, just ask on GTA. I did hunt for my link but cannot find it right now.

If I implied you were ignorant it certainly was not intentional so no need to ask for forgiveness and forgive me if I did :).

BTW, you do not need a fancy spread sheet to tune a rifle. I use note cards and a sight in target stuck on my stock to remind me of the rifle and I use a note book the old fashioned way during the tuning process:

You do not need to make it hard. But talk is talk, data is where the rubber hits the road, it tells the story, fancy ballistic program or a old tattered and greasy notebook, both work. When I take the rifle out, I review the cards, set them in the rack where the rifle came from and go shoot pests that need shooting at.

Edit to add, I am on a Mac and I live in the i-world. My subscription to MSO has expired and I am either too lazy or too non-tech to learn to use open source substitutes and too cheap to renew my MSO subscription and no way in Hades will I ever return to the Windows-world. Thus a notebook and a pen.

Last edited:
You will need to go over on GTA and just start a thread in the PCP (Darkside) forum, the owner will pop in. Problem with being 70 yo is that sometimes I forget who gave me what. The program is free, just ask on GTA. I did hunt for my link but cannot find it right now.

If I implied you were ignorant it certainly was not intentional so no need to ask for forgiveness and forgive me if I did :).

BTW, you do not need a fancy spread sheet to tune a rifle. I use note cards and a sight in target stuck on my stock to remind me of the rifle and I use a note book the old fashioned way during the tuning process:

You do not need to make it hard. But talk is talk, data is where the rubber hits the road, it tells the story, fancy ballistic program or a old tattered and greasy notebook, both work. When I take the rifle out, I review the cards, set them in the rack where the rifle came from and go shoot pests that need shooting at.

Edit to add, I am on a Mac and I live in the i-world. My subscription to MSO has expired and I am either too lazy or too non-tech to learn to use open source substitutes and too cheap to renew my MSO subscription and no way in Hades will I ever return to the Windows-world. Thus a notebook and a pen.
Hey man, sorry I missed your reply here :) thanks so much for the info and the images. I appreciate your insight.

Didn't mean to ignore ya

Reactions: 3Crows