Two Trash Pandas Down, One Takes A Big Fall Down

Most wild video I've made, double raccoons, I pop the first one quick and easy, the second one runs almost all the way up the tree, I miss once while he's climbing as the angles mess with your point of impact on the scope, so I quickly use my range finder, get a new firing solution and pop him in the head 26 yards almost vertical... The thud that guy made! Then you can see blood just pumping out like a geyser at the end. Wonderful backyard memories :)
(P.S.) I have this video in night vision as well. I have a Pard multi spectral scope but the night vision struggles with the steeper angles and you end up only seeing the first kill or I’d share it. This was also written right after I downed them when I was pretty excited :). There were more expletives then but I figured I’d clean it up a bit today but send the rest as I felt it at the time :).

Most wild video I've made, double raccoons, I pop the first one quick and easy, the second one runs almost all the way up the tree, I miss once while he's climbing as the angles mess with your point of impact on the scope, so I quickly use my range finder, get a new firing solution and pop him in the head 26 yards almost vertical... The thud that guy made! Then you can see blood just pumping out like a geyser at the end. Wonderful backyard memories :)
(P.S.) I have this video in night vision as well. I have a Pard multi spectral scope but the night vision struggles with the steeper angles and you end up only seeing the first kill or I’d share it. This was also written right after I downed them when I was pretty excited :). There were more expletives then but I figured I’d clean it up a bit today but send the rest as I felt it at the time :).

View attachment 503681
Also this is on my Impact M3 .357 shooting 93 grain nsa at 920fps

IMG_5710.jpeg

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I've filled them with dry cat food and then sprinkle some around the trap. They 1st eat the ones on the ground, then start working on the ones in the trap. You can either give them lead poisoning while they are eating or wait for the trap to cuff them. The one in my area the coons are stupid and keep eating from other traps while they buddy is cuffed. :LOL:

I don't use cuffs, too many skunks that are a real PITA to deal with! Just use a feeder that has a spout long enough to keep the skunks and opossums from taking all the food.

I wonder what that white dot is above the eye? :ROFLMAO: This one was 23lbs!

aix1nnck.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Skunks can get caught in the cuff? Don’t tell me that, I use the cuff all the time.

Cuff with mini marshmallow has only gotten me raccoon.
Got 3 in cuffs! Even one I welded an 2" extension to, to stop that from happening. The skunk didn't trigger the cuff the normal way. Instead it was doing gymnastics trying to get the food. While it's front paw was inside the cuff its back feet triggered the mechanism on the outside of the tube.

Very cool footage! What kind of moderator do you have and how do you like it? I'm considering a .30 cal Impact, but would need to silence it really well :)
You will want at least something in the Ronin size. I have one and it does okay at 90 fpe on my 357, but once I turn it up passed 120 fpe, it's almost useless lol.

If you want super duper quiet, go with the shogun or yokozuna so you can add chambers if needed.

Reactions: VVonton
Very cool footage! What kind of moderator do you have and how do you like it? I'm considering a .30 cal Impact, but would need to silence it really well :)
So the impact has a real nice barrel shroud on it. So I find with that, the Ronin and the “extension” quiets my M3 to the point my wife can’t hear it sleeping a few rooms down the hall in the bedroom. I have a gazillion silencers, a “Sarissa” custom made job from silent thunder ordinance. I’ve got the emporer v3, of course the Ronin, The stock one, the Yokozuna as well (which I don’t love). The ronin + extension is better than all of them. Hope this helps, it is considerably quieter than my .25 cal DRS. With air guns, you really need extra air volume to keep them quiet I find. A good moderator to hold back the gases is good too, but you need a place for those to go. The shroud in the impact with the extension from Donny should really do the job !

Last edited:
Reactions: VVonton