U.S. Army Sig M17 P320 Replica Co2 Pistol (Full Review)

Your pros/cons comparing the M17 with either the Sig P266 or P229?
I'm just a little off topic here, but about 4 years ago I purchased the exciting new Sig Saur P320/M17 pellet pistol from Pyramyd. The appearance was beautiful. Wow! A 30 round ,177 cal. pellet magazine. I was excited. The 30 round stick bicycle chain magazine jammed every 4 or 5 shots. It's gotta be me, right? I got on this forum and others, looking for help. How to load the magazine how to lubricate it , Yada, Yada, and Yada. I finally got Pyramyd to send me the new and improved 20 round bicycle chain stick. No luck. Would any of you like an almost new Sig P320/M17 pistol? I give Pyramyd 's service an A for effort, but who can fix junk. Geeesh, Orv.

Last edited:
I'm just a little off topic here, but about 4 years ago I purchased the exciting new Sig Saur P320/M17 pellet pistol from Pyramyd. The appearance was beautiful. Wow! A 30 round ,177 cal. pellet magazine. I was excited. The 30 round stick bicycle chain magazine jammed every 4 or 5 shots. It's gotta be me, right? I got on this forum and others, looking for help. How to load the magazine how to lubricate it , Yada, Yada, and Yada. I finally got Pyramyd to send me the new and improved 20 round bicycle chain stick. No luck. Would any of you like an almost new Sig P320/M17 pistol? I give Pyramyd 's service an A for effort, but who can fix junk. Geeesh, Orv.
That is my concern with that pistol, as well as others stating co2 leaks and accuracy. But I also know that with any gun, accuracy can be either the gun or the shooter's ability. In reference to mag problems, my only questions would be is if various pellets were tried. That is, different brand pellets or gram weight or type of pellet, as I know each pistol is particular as to which pellet works best.

Have you tried different types/brands/gram pellets?

I have the same pistol. I also have the 9mm M18 (basically the same thing). I started shooting BBs through mine instead of pellets. Easier to load, less missed pellets shot, cheaper, faster travel. I’m using it for practice for the real thing. I’m not totally concerned with accuracy, I’m shooting mainly for practice/muscle memory/technique/fun.

If you start to shoot the BBs, just test them in the barrel to see if they roll through and you will need to seat the BBs in the belt mag so that they don’t fall out.

That is my concern with that pistol, as well as others stating co2 leaks and accuracy. But I also know that with any gun, accuracy can be either the gun or the shooter's ability. In reference to mag problems, my only questions would be is if various pellets were tried. That is, different brand pellets or gram weight or type of pellet, as I know each pistol is particular as to which pellet works best.

I have indeed tried various pellets: some fell out while loading the magazine, some had skirts that made them too long, others simply wouldn't fire. Its been a while, so I don't remember the specific weights, but here are the various brands: JSB Diablos, H & N Exacts and Crosman Premieres. Accuracy was expectable at 10 meters. I haven't had the pistol out for some time and am in no hurry pull it out. Orv.

I have SIG Sauer 1911 Emperor, which shoots BBs. Accuracy is out of the question, of course, but it's great for practice and training muscle memory for the real thing. So much better than using "laser target" practice guns. BBs are dirt cheap too. But this pellet M17 pistol is the best of both worlds - both as close as you can get to the real firearm and good precision. I wasn't aware of this model before, thank you for the review, it's on my "buy" list now!