Umarex Notos Bottle Conversion Cautions:

Firewalker do you have a picture of your conversion and what is your shoot count.
I'm obviously not Firewalker, but here is mine I just got back from him. Very clean install he does. Shot count should be 150+ assuming you keep it at stock power. I've not had the time nor inclination to test that though.

Notos.JPG

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape
I am considering adding a bottle too.

But I calculated that the drop block plus an aluminum bottle (250 cc - 350 cc) will add about 2.5-3 pounds.
The weight of the original air tank is probably less than 1 pound.

So adding a bottle would add 1.5-2 pounds to the weight of the Notos.

How much weight did your bottle conversions add?

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
I am considering adding a bottle too.

But I calculated that the drop block plus an aluminum bottle (250 cc - 350 cc) will add about 2.5-3 pounds.
The weight of the original air tank is probably less than 1 pound.

So adding a bottle would add 1.5-2 pounds to the weight of the Notos.

How much weight did your bottle conversions add?

I will post a picture of my scale with a stock gun and one with a .22L CF Bottle conversion. The difference was only ounces.

Reactions: gendoc
Regarding weight. I didnt take note of before and after weight, but can say that it doesnt affect the balance or weildability negatively at all. I much prefer the balance after getting it back from Firewalker. My only 'want' at this point would be to have something that could attach to the block or frame to allow a small pic rail for a bipod without the need for a bottle clamp. Still, the weight is so low that a bottle clamp wouldnt negatively compromise anything.

Regarding weight. I didnt take note of before and after weight, but can say that it doesnt affect the balance or weildability negatively at all. I much prefer the balance after getting it back from Firewalker. My only 'want' at this point would be to have something that could attach to the block or frame to allow a small pic rail for a bipod without the need for a bottle clamp. Still, the weight is so low that a bottle clamp wouldnt negatively compromise anything.

I'm still lookin! 😁

Reactions: Rob_in_NC
I have completed just over a dozen Notos bottle conversions using an Amazon purchased drop-block and wish to bring some of the challenges to light and discuss the issues I have found with the parts and fit-up.

First off is thread pitch, thread angle and such:

The thread pitch of the air block on your Notos to the drop block is M16X1MM. The air block needs a bottoming tap, this means that the tap has to have a flat end, no point.

The tap has to cut clean threads, you need to use cutting fluid and do short cuts, clear the threads often.

Thread pitch of the block gauge and foster fill fitting are both M10X1MM tapered threads. Please dont use non-HPA hardware and ALWAYS hand-thread the fitting all the way to the bottom of the hole before wrenching on them. Both holes also require that the fitting contacts the white teflon/nylon washer before tightening. The angle and thread tip are also specific to HPA

Second is the drop-block:

Every drop-block is threaded a little differently from the factory. Be aware that your drop-block may not clock with the air-block or it may be a perfect fit! PLEASE try to hand fit your air-block to your drop-block first before you send it off to be converted.

Third is the regulator:

When purchasing a regulator, make sure you purchase one with the pressure you want for the speed you are looking for. My Notos was set to 2200 psi on the regulator, I purchased the same and I still get around 750 fps.

You have two options when it comes to the plunger where the reg attaches to the drop-block. The first is to make a pin that fits inside the drop-block that will depress the plunger inn the reg, allowing air to pass from the regulator to the gun. This is a safety device and "allows" the bottle to be removed from the drop-block without the bottle emptying catastrophically.

The second option is to simply remove the end of the regulator and pull out the plunger, reattach the end and attach it to the drop-block. The safety is missing but is it actually needed?

I do provide a service to convert your Notos but you can do the conversion yourself as well with some tools. Good luck and good shootin!
I am interested in the bottle conversion kit.
Where can I purchase a notos drop block?

Where can I purchase a notos drop block?

You can buy them on Amazon.com but you need to clock them to the guns air block and deepen the m16x1.5mm threads in the drop block first.

I offer a conversion service, I have all of the parts for a .22L carbon fiber bottle conversion in stock. PM me for details.

Reactions: Perle
You can buy them on Amazon.com but you need to clock them to the guns air block and deepen the m16x1.5mm threads in the drop block first.

I offer a conversion service, I have all of the parts for a .22L carbon fiber bottle conversion in stock. PM me for details.
How much? Complete out the door? Bottle, block, Reg, labor ect.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker