Umarex Umarex Notos Can't Cock Lever

Hi, I just received the Umarex Notos yesterday. I haven't even fired a shot. When I cock the lever, it doesn't hold in place and springs forward. Any ideas what is causing this and how I can get around it? The gun is not cocked. I disengaged the safety and pressed the trigger and nothing.

Last edited:
Bear with me. I'm new to air guns. So, I'm assuming I should turn the hammer spring adjustment counter-clockwise? How much should I turn? 1/4? 1/2? Can I safely adjust the hammer spring with the rifle loaded with air? The rifle has never been loaded with pellets. I really don't want to degas and refill again. I'm using a hand pump and it was quite a pain to fill up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewalker
Bear with me. I'm new to air guns. So, I'm assuming I should turn the hammer spring adjustment counter-clockwise? How much should I turn? 1/4? 1/2? Can I safely adjust the hammer spring with the rifle loaded with air? The rifle has never been loaded with pellets. I really don't want to degas and refill again. I'm using a hand pump and it was quite a pain to fill up.
Turn the hammer screw ALL the way counterclockwise and try to cock it again.

I tweaked both the hammer spring and trigger weight and got off about 5 rounds before it refused to cock again. The inability to cock seems random. Does this seem like a defect? Should I return the rifle?

Next: Trigger adjustment time. There is a 1.5mm grub screw accessible through the bottom of the trigger guard. CCW that baby until you see a good 5mm of it coming back through the bottom of the trigger.

Try to cock it again.

Thanks good Doctor!

The Notos has a 99% record of being GREAT! The 1% is a mix of soft hammers and bad barrels.

My guess is that the hammer is soft and has already rounded off.

I still kick myself for selling mine. I had one from the 2nd batch that came in to PA. Was a Lazer beam and zero issues. Just didn't like the feel of it.

Seems the newer ones are having more issues.

Thanks so much. I HIGHLY appreciate the help. I was starting to LOVE this rifle. I'm just going to swap it. I was close to zeroing in with my scope and it is super quiet. Like someone had mentioned, it's like the sound of a brad nailer. Thanks again.

My friend, they get MUCH quieter...

And faster...

And Longer...

And more air too!

And they fold as well.

(Nice FX cocking lever)

20240921_183918.jpg

Plastic lol. The short throw on the side lever was odd too. I was worried I would snap it off on a quick reload following up.

I think I TRIED to break the lever on mine before I swapped the FX lever but it held solid.

If you ever want to try another one, there is a wood stock being made and I have an FX lever... ;)

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I think I TRIED to break the lever on mine before I swapped the FX lever but it held solid.

If you ever want to try another one, there is a wood stock being made and I have an FX lever... ;)
I've put one in my cart a few times since lol. I'm slowly getting used to plastic/tactical type guns solely so I can use them. Nice wood is sure hard to drag into the field.

• Love
I've put one in my cart a few times since lol. I'm slowly getting used to plastic/tactical type guns solely so I can use them. Nice wood is sure hard to drag into the field.

I appreciate that! I have several wood stocks, I can't EVER take them off the bench!

TactiCool? Throw them in mud, garden hose them off and i'm happy...

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein