Umarex "Umarex Notos Update HUGE power Upgrade!" Or is it?

I made a transfer choke similar to most of the other 1/4 turn types. Plenty of room for this modification. I just barely took off the anodize around the hole to get rid of the lettering. I’ll put some powder coat on the parts….someday maybe.

Dave

View attachment 468222View attachment 468223

Look forward to hearing how much it helps from minimum to maximum fps! Do report back.

-Matt

Reactions: sb327
Loving the enthusiasm on the Notos, a cost breakdown on the sweet mods would be appreciated. Are you doubling or tripling the “base cost” of the gun? And will you get that money back if you decide to sell it?
My grand total is $650. I paid $215 for the Notos, the gauge block, plenum, plenum extension, barrel kit and cut and crowned FX barrel liner makes up the rest.
Will I get it back? I don't know/care but I also wasn't ever planning on selling my 5lb(6+ with a scope) woods walker.
It's simple, not bulky feeling, and it works really well.
I also planned on modding this gun from the start. Figured if it didn't go well I wouldn't be crying too much if/when I broke it.

Loving the enthusiasm on the Notos, a cost breakdown on the sweet mods would be appreciated. Are you doubling or tripling the “base cost” of the gun? And will you get that money back if you decide to sell it?

No, we will never recomp the R&D costs, it's just like hotrodding or any customization hobby, the money is spent in the entertainment category not the investment category.

Umarex sells the M60 pcp pellet gun outside the US. This is the same gun as the Zelos but the Zelos is the US version.

I have one in .22 and one in .25. The main difference is the air tanks. The Zelos will have a tube while the M60 can have the tube or a bottle.

Mods for the Zelos?

Not many so far, the barrel is 600mm, it's accurate, good trigger, the only mods I've done so far are furniture related.

20240518_115810.jpg

Look forward to hearing how much it helps from minimum to maximum fps! Do report back.

-Matt
I’m not sure what kind of tests to do or what to expect from an adjustable transfer port.

Pressure at 2505psi. With transfer full open, it shoots the 14.3’s @ 988fps.

Below is with transfer near closed with same hammer and pressure settings.

Dave
IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

I had a lw barrel not doing anything so I put it on this build. I threaded the front portion of the receiver and a portion of the barrel. I left the chamber area alone on the receiver. The barrel is tightened with a jam nut that also receives a cf tube. The barrel is ~20”.

What is surprising is the consistency of this little platform, even at higher power levels. The shot string below is 7 shots and it fell off the reg before the last shot.

I will probably tune it back down some with the tp adjuster.

Dave
IMG_6039.jpeg
IMG_6037.jpeg

I ended up making a test fitting for use in the bleed screw port. I like the sleekness as well which is why I haven’t bottled mine. I need to come up with a spare reservoir to extend mine out closer to the end of the barrel.

Dave
If you don't mind and when you get time can you share the parts or what the thread of the bleed screw?