Umarex "Umarex Notos Update HUGE power Upgrade!" Or is it?

So Firewalker cut and crowned an FX liner for my 380mm barrel kit from C88machining. I also ordered c88's plenum and plenum extension. I already had a gauge block from Wes @ Airgunarcheryfun.ca and decided to keep it on there.
Man oh man, it was close to not fitting but it fits.
View attachment 461099

Moderator is close to the airtube but doesn't touch, about 1mm of clearance.
View attachment 461100

Overall length is now 36-1/2" as I use it with the stock extended and a Donny FL Tanto on the end. And it still feels light!
It weighs, as you see it, 5lbs 1oz according to my kitchen scale. Scoping it will put it over 6lbs but will be worth it.

Here is the kit laid out as I got it from Firewalker after he cut the barrel and assembled the kit for testing.
He and c88machining both did a great packing job on the parts.

View attachment 461102

Just did some testing and it looks like I gained 50 fps while still having 4mags before I drop off the reg. Nice!
CPHP were doing 825fps for 21.6 FPE and are now going 875fps for 24.32 FPE. H&N Slug HP .218 were going 675fps before and now are going 730fps.
Without a re-zero while doing chronograph testing, I was hitting my spinner about an inch up and to the left.
Finding accuracy should be a breeze.
Famous last words, lol.
i have a question it looks in the picture that brass piece with the transfer hole only has 1 hole in it any idea what they call that or where i can get one as mine has 3 transfer holes

Hi guys, new here. Have quite a few big bore pcp's a Bulldog .357 Pitbull modded, (for big game hunting) my favorite an LSC Sk-19 in .30 & a few others.. Just picked up a Notos to fill the backpack airgun gap that I was missing out on. Been reading/learning a lot from you guys & wanted to thank everyone for all of the info & time invested into they're work on these little guys as well as taking the time to share it. So my Notos came in today & I'm already thinking about everything I've learned from you guys here... I've seen so many different things that have been done to these guns. So now it's my turn to try so tinkering.. I'd like to get the most power out of it yet keeping it close to the factory size. Was thinking about a bottle build, but not sure what drop down block to go with Huma worth it? Also I see that the FX STX barrel liner works with these. Keeping it on the smaller side should I go with the 380 size from 88machines? Oh and the plenum kit he also sells I see there's a few different pieces to it. Should I get them all? Like I said I'm trying to get the most power out of it without having to open it up (if I didn't have to) for I do not have a machine shop only dremels and stuff like that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is into tuning these and would like a blank canvas to work on (obviously not for free) please PM me. Thank you, Steve.

@Surefire , talk to @Firewalker , However you need 10 posts before you can PM a member or something like that - I'm a NOOB. However, I am interested in what you end up with as I have a new NOTOS and find the 10/22 of airguns interesting in what people do with them.
Do replys count? lol, thanks for getting back to me so soon! Have you done anything with yours yet? If so I'd love to know the details..
I mean I almost went for the FX Dreamline compact AD & Pyramid both have a nice sale on a bunch of FX guns @ the moment. But even with the sale there a bit over a G... If I was gonna spend that kind of $ I'd go for a GK1.. or even a megalodon shotgun 45 or 50cal you see those yet?! ****ing Christ the 58cal has like 400+FPE! And they're about a g. They give me a little military discount to go back before I served in the Marines as a raider back in Afghanistan. I think it's like a 5% off discount better than nothing I guess. But on an honest note do you think that after morning the notos it will come close to a g when done to get around 40 FPE? Cuz if that's the case I might as well have went with the effects compact dreamline with the 350 bottle...

Hi guys, new here. Have quite a few big bore pcp's a Bulldog .357 Pitbull modded, (for big game hunting) my favorite an LSC Sk-19 in .30 & a few others.. Just picked up a Notos to fill the backpack airgun gap that I was missing out on. Been reading/learning a lot from you guys & wanted to thank everyone for all of the info & time invested into they're work on these little guys as well as taking the time to share it. So my Notos came in today & I'm already thinking about everything I've learned from you guys here... I've seen so many different things that have been done to these guns. So now it's my turn to try so tinkering.. I'd like to get the most power out of it yet keeping it close to the factory size. Was thinking about a bottle build, but not sure what drop down block to go with Huma worth it? Also I see that the FX STX barrel liner works with these. Keeping it on the smaller side should I go with the 380 size from 88machines? Oh and the plenum kit he also sells I see there's a few different pieces to it. Should I get them all? Like I said I'm trying to get the most power out of it without having to open it up (if I didn't have to) for I do not have a machine shop only dremels and stuff like that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is into tuning these and would like a blank canvas to work on (obviously not for free) please PM me. Thank you, Steve.
i just went through the same thing with mine bought the plenum also bought the plenum extension with a gauge port
as i wanted to see where the regulator is set in stock form i just got the 380mm barrel kit as well
with it bone stock shooting jsb15.89gr at just over 700 fps added the plenum 750-755 fps and stacks pellets at 35 yds no problem
no hammer adjustment still stock setting

just added the barrel 380mm added the plenum and the extension stock reg setting 1900 psi
now it's at 799-803 fps shooting JSB 15.89 gr
i was hoping to see the fpe but for some reason my new crono won't save the pellet grain when entered
going to turn up the reg to 2000 2100 if i get 850 fps and its consistent that's all i want

also took like 20 shots before the barrel became deadly accurate all 10 shots 1/2 dollar at 35yds
not to shabby for just a few bolt on mods.
there is another member here as well that has the 380mm barrel firewalker another member on the site helped him out
real clean, build...

Reactions: Surefire
i just went through the same thing with mine bought the plenum also bought the plenum extension with a gauge port
as i wanted to see where the regulator is set in stock form i just got the 380mm barrel kit as well
with it bone stock shooting jsb15.89gr at just over 700 fps added the plenum 750-755 fps and stacks pellets at 35 yds no problem

just added the barrel 380mm added the plenum and the extension stock reg setting 1900 psi
i was hoping to see the fpe but for some reason my new crono won't save the pellet grain when entered
going to turn up the reg to 2000 2100 if i get 850 fps and its consistent that's all i want

also took like 20 shots before the barrel became deadly accurate all 10 shots 1/2 dollar at 35yds
there is another member here as well that has the 380mm barrel firewalker another member on the site helped him out
real clean, build...
Wow those are some real good numbers! Thanks for the info! Did you ever try the ballistics shot calculator that pyramid it has? All you have to do is enter the feet per second the caliber and the grain and will give you the FPE. Take a look @ it if you haven't it helped me tune my Sk-19 with various 30 caliber pellet and slug sizes. Quick question where would one acquire everything that you did for your build? All in one place or different places? Thanks again

real clean, build...
...& When you said you added the FX 380 STX barrel liner, did you get both the barrel & liner or just liner? As well as what plenum extender?

To young I wish, on the contrary lol getting too old. I've served 3½ tours in Afghanistan right after 9/11as a Marine. My 3rd tour was cut short literally. Had a one on one when the both of us ran out a bullets @ the same time. His bayonet got me good on the side of head, face & left upper pectoral muscle. My Kbar finished the fight. Since than I don't use powder burners. All my brothers (fellow Marine vets)are into paintball as I used to be. One of my brothers introduced me to hunting with pcp's I believe he had an Air Force Texen. I took my ar10 along.... When I seen him drop a 400+lb Stag with it I was perplexed! & Instantly fell in love shooting PCP air guns. I use em for target practice & would like to take it out in my bag when I go hunting. I use my big bores for larger game. But now I would like something small, light, powerful & precise for smaller game. I didn't want to put a 30+ cal hole into a small peace of meat. If you understand me. Besides I don't own any 22cal pcps until today. All are .30 & up. Most are heavy. Don't get me wrong I still have my real deals for a SHTF sanario. But I can't take the heavy recoil of my 308, & 30'08 anymore for all day hunting trips due to my injuries. ...oh I forgot that I do own a 22Lr. It's a Ted Williams Sears and Roebuck single loader lol.. sorry for the long response, my PTSD tends to make me ramble a bit, & I may have been on the defensive by your questions. Apologies for that. Been threw a lot, & brain doesn't work as good as once did.🫤

...& When you said you added the FX 380 STX barrel liner, did you get both the barrel & liner or just liner? As well as what plenum extender?
No I bought the barrel kit from.c88 machine on ebay
Bought the fx liner for the barrel kit from Utah
Also bought the plenum and plenum extention with gauge port from c88 as well just got through putting that on and bumping the reg up a taste to 2100 psi I also measured the port behind the reg its 3.5
Funny i remember hearing it was 2mm maybe 2nd Gen are bigger? Dunno
20240901_011236.jpg

Last edited:
I like how the huma psi gauge fits ever so snug in your setup! So let me see if I got it right. Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1.Buy the FX 380 barrel and liner kit. (Is it plug & play without any modification) *if not what's exactly involved to make fit/work?
2. Go to .c88 machine's store on eBay to buy the plenum and plenum extention with gauge port.
* Again what entails modification?
Apologies for all the questions I've never did much of my own work on pcp's. If we were talking big bang sticks I could still most likely disassemble/ reassemble Armerlite, G19/17 or even a 1911 blindfolded still lol. But old-school Fun-Smithing helps me like tits on a Bull when it comes to these things. I do still have all my tools measurement vernias/calipers. Also a nice laser guided drill press as well as files and different kind of torx, Allen,and all the other bits Phillips / flathead. Chapman sets etc. wish I had a Bridgeport & lathe...
Another thing I saw on your picture if you could explain what you got it the side picatinny rail. Did you go to a place that begins with buck for that and it looks like you have a folding stock as well which I'd like to get. If I could get mine looking and performing as yours does I'll be one happy Hunter 😄 Thanks again for your time, help & support.

+I was just on Utah air guns and almost pulled the trigger on a 22 FX Dreamline compact tact. But even on sale it's over 1100$ + tax I say screw that if you're getting numbers as you are not breaking the bank, I'd say you're set up beats that hands down dollar to dollars

yep, the barrel kit along with the plenum and plenum extension with gauge port from c88 machine on eBay
then you will need the fx ,22 380 mm liner pyramid was out so i got it from Utah air got my Notos from them as well.

as far as the plenum and plenum extension goes
you need to dump all air pressure out of the gun
then with a firm grip unscrew the air cylinder off the gun have some silicone oil or grease for air rifles just to lube the o rings
once you unscrew the air cylinder lube the o ring and screw the plenum extension on to your cylinder just hand tight
then the plenum extension you need to install one o ring lube and install and then screw into the plenum extension
then install on the gun you will need some Teflon tape for the for the gauge as there bsp thread
DONT..... install the gauge until you install the air cylinder as you won't be able to install the cylinder with the gauge mounted.

for the barrel there is a set screw holding the pickney rail remove that then there is a 2nd grub screw under that one
use a good Allen wrench and also remove that grub screw and set aside as c88 provides a new one the orig is cheap.
once that done slide grab the barrel by the moderator and slightly twist and pull out easy the rail and barrel will come off
the barrel kit has a ss tube screw one of the liner locks in and hand tighten then make note of the breach end i just pot a red dot with a sharpie
clean the new barrel and install into the barrel sleeve then install the 2nd barrel lock
screw in hand tight and slightly snug
lube and install barrel o rings check transfer ports and any burr clean as needed
slide the barrel in align the set screw dot install the new grub screw and snug it down just snug..
slide the aluminum spacer on the barrel to the end then the carbon sleeve then the alum spacer
install the thread saver or your moderator air up check for leaks all good

I like how the huma psi gauge fits ever so snug in your setup! So let me see if I got it right. Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1.Buy the FX 380 barrel and liner kit. (Is it plug & play without any modification) *if not what's exactly involved to make fit/work?
2. Go to .c88 machine's store on eBay to buy the plenum and plenum extention with gauge port.
* Again what entails modification?
Apologies for all the questions I've never did much of my own work on pcp's. If we were talking big bang sticks I could still most likely disassemble/ reassemble Armerlite, G19/17 or even a 1911 blindfolded still lol. But old-school Fun-Smithing helps me like tits on a Bull when it comes to these things. I do still have all my tools measurement vernias/calipers. Also a nice laser guided drill press as well as files and different kind of torx, Allen,and all the other bits Phillips / flathead. Chapman sets etc. wish I had a Bridgeport & lathe...
Another thing I saw on your picture if you could explain what you got it the side picatinny rail. Did you go to a place that begins with buck for that and it looks like you have a folding stock as well which I'd like to get. If I could get mine looking and performing as yours does I'll be one happy Hunter 😄 Thanks again for your time, help & support.

+I was just on Utah air guns and almost pulled the trigger on a 22 FX Dreamline compact tact. But even on sale it's over 1100$ + tax I say screw that if you're getting numbers as you are not breaking the bank, I'd say you're set up beats that hands down dollar to dollars
i seen the same thing nothing fx to me are overpriced and i can get very close if not better performance from a gun 1/3rd the cost
no pun intended its the way i see it...
I'm Fairley new to the pcp world have a few powder guns 9mm ultra mag bolt action
used to drag race cars for 20+ years professionally
raced dirt bikes remote control cars
anything with power and engine tracks or wheels im in lol

yep, the barrel kit along with the plenum and plenum extension with gauge port from c88 machine on eBay
then you will need the fx ,22 380 mm liner pyramid was out so i got it from Utah air got my Notos from them as well.

as far as the plenum and plenum extension goes
you need to dump all air pressure out of the gun
then with a firm grip unscrew the air cylinder off the gun have some silicone oil or grease for air rifles just to lube the o rings
once you unscrew the air cylinder lube the o ring and screw the plenum extension on to your cylinder just hand tight
then the plenum extension you need to install one o ring lube and install and then screw into the plenum extension
then install on the gun you will need some Teflon tape for the for the gauge as there bsp thread
DONT..... install the gauge until you install the air cylinder as you won't be able to install the cylinder with the gauge mounted.

for the barrel there is a set screw holding the pickney rail remove that then there is a 2nd grub screw under that one
use a good Allen wrench and also remove that grub screw and set aside as c88 provides a new one the orig is cheap.
once that done slide grab the barrel by the moderator and slightly twist and pull out easy the rail and barrel will come off
the barrel kit has a ss tube screw one of the liner locks in and hand tighten then make note of the breach end i just pot a red dot with a sharpie
clean the new barrel and install into the barrel sleeve then install the 2nd barrel lock
screw in hand tight and slightly snug
lube and install barrel o rings check transfer ports and any burr clean as needed
slide the barrel in align the set screw dot install the new grub screw and snug it down just snug..
slide the aluminum spacer on the barrel to the end then the carbon sleeve then the alum spacer
install the thread saver or your moderator air up check for leaks all good
Wow thanks for all of your time & information! I'll definitely be making an order off eBay from the person that you recommend later today (if time allows). Without the drop bottle mod how many (usable) shots can I expect? Just to be sure (cuz anything FX is way overpriced lol) I'm buying & installing the complete FX .22 STX barrel & sleeve to my Notos, & will mate up perfect? I just need to mark where the grub screw is... How about moderator options? Are you using the stock moderator or something aftermarket? Perhaps the FX STX barrel kit provides threads on the business end of the gun.. so I can go with something else. Also I'm hearing/reading a lot about the stock mags. Do you prefer the maples or the charms? Thanks again for all of your guidance. I truly do appreciate it.

So you are into building up engines and drag racing as well as racing dirt bikes. That's awesome I grew up as a kid watching my father rebuild old school muscle cars he do complete engine tear Downs trying to squeeze every ounce of horsepower he could out of an old 350ci/5.7 and other old school motors. I've actually have an old YZ250 it's an old 2strock back when Yamaha's we're black and yellow it has the #1 in the front of it, in my cellar. Last year of the air cooled engine's with a monoshock. Believe it or not it kick starts up on the 1st kick every time! God I love the old cars and bikes. Less stuff to go wrong and a hell of a lot easier to work on! I'm sure you'll agree with that lol. Thanks for all your help thus far for I'm about to open up the box now that the nose came in yesterday. I'll most likely hand pump it for the first time for it looks like a pretty small reservoir. I still have a brand new Air Rover that my wife bought me two birthdays ago still sitting in the Box it came in. I never opened it. I like to work out I get from pumping, well until I can't get out of bed the next day lol. + I'm cool with the fire department guys down the street & they don't mind hooking me up with air for when I need it for my big bores. Thanks again!

Here’s the 500mm setup, I have a 385mm as well

View attachment 452467

View attachment 452468
Don't mind if I ask for I'm about to start modding my brand new notos, what kind of barrel drop regulator is on that? I like it for it has a picatinny rail at the bottom! As well as your barrel? Is that stock or is that the Fx .22 STX barrel kit? Had to edit due to typos my mistake. Thanks for replying to me even though my message looked like I failed my spelling 6grade spelling B lol...

Last edited:
Wow thanks for all of your time & information! I'll definitely be making an order off eBay from the person that you recommend later today (if time allows). Without the drop bottle mod how many (usable) shots can I expect? Just to be sure (cuz anything FX is way overpriced lol) I'm buying & installing the complete FX .22 STX barrel & sleeve to my Notos, & will mate up perfect? I just need to mark where the grub screw is... How about moderator options? Are you using the stock moderator or something aftermarket? Perhaps the FX STX barrel kit provides threads on the business end of the gun.. so I can go with something else. Also I'm hearing/reading a lot about the stock mags. Do you prefer the maples or the charms? Thanks again for all of your guidance. I truly do appreciate it.

So you are into building up engines and drag racing as well as racing dirt bikes. That's awesome I grew up as a kid watching my father rebuild old school muscle cars he do complete engine tear Downs trying to squeeze every ounce of horsepower he could out of an old 350ci/5.7 and other old school motors. I've actually have an old YZ250 it's an old 2strock back when Yamaha's we're black and yellow it has the #1 in the front of it, in my cellar. Last year of the air cooled engine's with a monoshock. Believe it or not it kick starts up on the 1st kick every time! God I love the old cars and bikes. Less stuff to go wrong and a hell of a lot easier to work on! I'm sure you'll agree with that lol. Thanks for all your help thus far for I'm about to open up the box now that the nose came in yesterday. I'll most likely hand pump it for the first time for it looks like a pretty small reservoir. I still have a brand new Air Rover that my wife bought me two birthdays ago still sitting in the Box it came in. I never opened it. I like to work out I get from pumping, well until I can't get out of bed the next day lol. + I'm cool with the fire department guys down the street & they don't mind hooking me up with air for when I need it for my big bores. Thanks again!
Shot another string today with
16gr Hts hp

Screenshot_20240901_183739_Digital Link.jpg

Last edited: