Umarex "Umarex Notos Update HUGE power Upgrade!" Or is it?

i have 2 of those regulators drop valve whatever they call them lol
one is the Huban cricket the other is the Huban dream valve with a small plenum that you can clock it with 2 set screws
the cricket i can add one of my plenum extensions to make it similar to the dream valve
but has the pickney rail machined into it and I'm thinking that's the one I'm going to use not sure yet
my dream valve is a replica, so I'm told as i bought both mine on ali express took 4-5 days one was $39 the other was $49 vs $120 $140 on amazon
yeah, i can sell one once i figure out which one I'm going to use
im not sure what size bottle to get that as well will be coming from ali ex

started thinking again...... lol so here i go again bottle time
LOL I hope I didn't start you on this path. But if I did & you get the desired results that you are looking for that I'm happy then. Again thanks for being so helpful!

Reactions: 88turbocoupe
LOL no problem don't mind helping people out that's what this forum is all about
I'm starting to open the box now LOL wish me luck! Again thank you for all your support and help a lot of people don't understand that time is money yet even more valuable, and the time you guys are taking to help out it's quite generous. I've been on other forums even military ones. Things turn into a pissing contest.. I can see this is not the case with this particular forum. Or this thread anyhow. For pissin contests are everywhere LMAFO. Perhaps the best pissing contest is whose gun shoots the fastest, heaviest projectile in the sleekest lightest format! ;)

..Can I use an FX dreamline.22 STX super light 320 barrel on the Notos? for there on sale @ the moment @ Pyramid

The FX naming convention is odd, the assembly consists of the shroud, the barrel and the liner plus thimble and jam nut.

The FX kit from c88machining has everything but the liner. He makes a kit for the 380mm and 500mm liners.

The FX naming convention is odd, the assembly consists of the shroud, the barrel and the liner plus thimble and jam nut.

The FX kit from c88machining has everything but the liner. He makes a kit for the 380mm and 500mm liners.
So in other words I'm better off getting the barrel liner from 88machining than buying 380mm barrel liner then off Pyramid? For I'm figuring that your saying that getting the kit off 88 is made especially for the notos so I won't run into any issues... Please correct me if I'm right.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
So in other words I'm better off getting the barrel liner from 88machining than buying 380mm barrel liner then off Pyramid? For I'm figuring that your saying that getting the kit off 88 is made especially for the notos so I won't run into any issues... Please correct me if I'm right.

Nope, you are a little turned around here...
C88machining sells the FX barrel kit, he does not have any liners.

You mentioned Pyramid had barrels on sale, I posted the naming convention for the parts in the assembly so you knew you only need the liner from Pyramid.

C88machining's kit is specifically made just for the Notos, yes.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Nope, you are a little turned around here...
C88machining sells the FX barrel kit, he does not have any liners.

You mentioned Pyramid had barrels on sale, I posted the naming convention for the parts in the assembly so you knew you only need the liner from Pyramid.

C88machining's kit is specifically made just for the Notos, yes.
FML! They still have the sale but not on any FX items anymore! Over the weekend I was chatting with someone just yesterday actually and he said the sale was going through till the 4th! But apparently he was either misinformed & misinformed me by mistake. For they do have the Labor Day sale going but not on any FX items anymore..

Do you recommend any better spots I can pick one up? Sorry about the confusion man. I do have a bit of brain-bamage. & yes I spelled it that way on purpose lol, too many hits to the head... They used to call it B.H.T-(blunt head trauma) now I believe they call CTE.. Almost like when George Carlin was doing the skit about pusifying words.. "first it went from Shell shock, then to battle fatigue, then after that P.T.S.D.."They don't call us jar heads for nothing...

Nobody made me sign up. 911 came and then my friends and I all joined. Straight out of high school. We all went our separate ways though. I was fortunate enough to actually part of the first time they brought back the SF's Marine Raider squadron since WWII. I worked directly with Marine Force Recon, & the Navy Seals we're our Elite chauffeurs so to speak; personal pickup and drop off service.

Some good times but definitely did suffer a lot from it. Been doing labor my whole life mostly hot topping driveways by hand. Learned it by an Army Ranger buddy of mine who went to Iraq did his own SF's thing, and then after started Paving the roads for Iraq after he destroyed them LOL. He started his own company about 15 years ago. I worked/learned for him when I got out of rehab after sustaining my injuries for a few years. Then entered the Laborers Union and started Paving highways after his company went bankrupt. (He passed away shortly afterwards).Than until a year and a half ago when I got juiced by 480volts atop an 8-ft ladder by slamming a junction box by accident with my 2½ lb handheld sledgehammer. I thought&was told was 🔒 & tagged out by my own Superintendent as well as the other electrical Foreman to be dead air duck conduit that was dropped within a foot of my workspace. Woke up on the ground and lucky to be alive. 4 herniated disc's in cervical spine in serious neurological issues way too much to describe for I've already said enough I'm sure about it.

-Pls Pardon me if I forget things that I said and ask similar questions or same. It's not done intentionally, Nor am I making excuses for it. Just a little back drop on my situation.. and definitely don't want or looking for any pity. The way of the warrior life is dangerous, as is the working Man providing for his family, and I'm sure that applies to all of us guys here. Apologies again from the HUMONGOUS rant I'll end it now.

*** Now comes the real questions. Do you recommend me putting it all together first? or buying all the bolt on parts that Id like to put on it and then start? My thought process is this: If I'm going to mod the internals I may as well just start taking it apart instead of putting it together. Pls let me know what are your thoughts on that? For I definitely want to do the drop bottle mod that you have done. I'd love/want to mod all the internals hint hint ;) then trick it out with the buck and real mlock folding stock adapter and picatinny/mlock 4 end. Basically pretty much exactly what you did. Not trying to be a copycat or anything but I believe that set up would work ideal for my needs. Thanks again -Stephen

Last edited:
Well took the gun completely apart to get ready to bottle

So while it was apart I decided to open the hole in the block behind the reg to 3.5
Put it all back together orig air cyl with plenum extension
Reg 2100 psi
Backed the hammer adj flush vs 2 turns in
Shot 15.89 and 22gr jts here is the results
i wonder if a different hammer spring would help softer?

Screenshot_20240903_141733_Digital Link.jpg

Screenshot_20240903_141001_Digital Link.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Surefire
Well took the gun completely apart to get ready to bottle

So while it was apart I decided to open the hole in the block behind the reg to 3.5
Put it all back together orig air cyl with plenum extension
Reg 2100 psi
Backed the hammer adj flush vs 2 turns in
Shot 15.89 and 22gr jts here is the results
i wonder if a different hammer spring would help softer?

View attachment 493501

View attachment 493502
I take it that the first shot string you shot was with the 22gr's & second with the 15.9gr's (due to the FPS vs the FPE... Damn on them 22grain's you've got some really good powerful consistent shots! I'd be happy with 35FPE out of a .22... Not sure if regarding the hammer spring lightness helping for more power, that's above & beyond my knowledge. But seriously, I'd be pleased with that kind of power. Especially seeing how u didn't even pout it on the bottle yet... Didn't mind if I ask, how many consistent shots @ that power on the stock air tube?

I take it that the first shot string you shot was with the 22gr's & second with the 15.9gr's (due to the FPS vs the FPE... Damn on them 22grain's you've got some really good powerful consistent shots! I'd be happy with 35FPE out of a .22... Not sure if regarding the hammer spring lightness helping for more power, that's above & beyond my knowledge. But seriously, I'd be pleased with that kind of power. Especially seeing how u didn't even pout it on the bottle yet... Didn't mind if I ask, how many consistent shots @ that power on the stock air tube?