N/A Umarex Zelos V Air Venturi Avenge-X Tactical

Hey guys ...Im on the fence as to which rifle would suit me best as Im mostly a bench rest shooter , Iv read the pros and cons of both rifles It seams as though the Zelos might be the better choice .
So If any of you guys had the same choice problem as I do which rifle did you go with and why ? and are you happy with your choice ? Both would be In .22 .

Thanks for your Input .

Both manufactures are 'entry level' by many peoples eyes.

For me, it would be Avenger X tact hands down, because I don't want the action / magazine ect near my face, so I don't do bullpup designs, only carbine, where my cheek can rest a reasonable distance from all that is happening within the internals of the gun.

Especially for bench....however for balance the zelos gets a point.

22.8" barrel on the Avenger
26" barrel on the Zelos

Zelos gets another point there.

Zelos 250cc vs Avenger 210cc (bottled)....zelos wins again.

Avenger max fill 4350 psi vs Zelos max fill 3600 psi, avenger wins / gets point here.

Avenger regulator can be taken to 3000 psi, unsure of zelos, doubt its 3000...so Avenger wins here too.

Plenum volumes on either? IDK, not noted on websites.

Trigger quality? Never shot either, so cannot comment.

Avenger high capacity mag = 16 rounds in .22, and for zelos 20 rounds. Small win for zelos.

Avenger has dual gauges, shows both pressures, zelos does not afaik. Another point of avenger.

So really its subjective, above is just some things that stick out to me, and I would still lean towards the avenger

-Matt

If I were to get this gun I would either get the Zellos and a conversion kit from Airgun Archery Fun to put a 420cc carbon fiber bottle on it or just get the M60b from Airgun Archery Fun. The adder for the bottle isn't much more than $100 and it may be lighter with the bottle.

I have never shot or examined an Avenge X but I own an original Avenger. I also own 3 P35s. There is a lot more plastic including in places I don't think plastic is appropriate in the Avenger. Might not be true for an Avenge X. I think the way they did the bottle on the Avenge X is butt ugly. I don't shoot my Avenger much because it is so LONG. I would not go with the Avenge X. Air Venturi is much better in promoting their guns but I think SPA makes better guns. Snowpeak (SPA) makes the Zellos and the M60B and the Stoeger Bullshark and the P35 and the Notos and a lot of other guns.

After working on them both and owning 2 M60's (in the rest of the world), it's the Zelos by a LONG SHOT!

The Avenge-X receiver is a cast block, the Zelos is CNC milled billet.

As far as converting the Zelos to a bottle gun, just use any of your carbon fiber bottles, I've got a few conversion valves from Umarex that I'm willing to share.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfs916 and nobody1
After working on them both and owning 2 M60's (in the rest of the world), it's the Zelos by a LONG SHOT!

The Avenge-X receiver is a cast block, the Zelos is CNC milled billet.

As far as converting the Zelos to a bottle gun, just use any of your carbon fiber bottles, I've got a few conversion valves from Umarex that I'm willing to share.
I would love a bottle adapter for the Zelos. I check airgunarcheryfun everyday LOL but always out of stock

Reactions: Firewalker
Another attractive feature of the Zellos is the ability to remove the bottle or cylinder without degassing it. If you need to work on the gun, you can screw the bottle off and just drain the gun. So you save most of the air. You could also fill several bottles and take them with you. This would also save air if you have to lower the regulator setting.

Another attractive feature of the Zellos is the ability to remove the bottle or cylinder without degassing it. If you need to work on the gun, you can screw the bottle off and just drain the gun. So you save most of the air. You could also fill several bottles and take them with you. This would also save air if you have to lower the regulator setting.
Thanks. Zelos will be my next purchase.

With a small moderator, the Avenge-X is a bit over 4ft long, better suited for the bench, it's quite clumsy. It absolutely dwarfed the Notos. :ROFLMAO:😂

20240909_221024_resized.jpg

With a small moderator, the Avenge-X is a bit over 4ft long, better suited for the bench, it's quite clumsy. It absolutely dwarfed the Notos. :ROFLMAO:😂

View attachment 495280
That is a long rifle.

I have the original Avenger and it seems to be just as long.
I like mine quiet so I have 6-8" moderator which makes it 50"+ long.

It seems that the Avenge X has the same pot metal receiver as the original Avenger.
I doubt that with so many new, better and cheaper air rifles Avenge X sells well.

Maybe Avenge Y will be better :)