Umarex Umarex Zelos

I just got the email from Airgun Depot that the Umarex Zelos is in stock. Just wondering if any of you pre-order-ers received it earlier and have done any testing on it? How close is it from the Snowpeak? I assume marginal difference (Non bottle version). I'm really pondering on picking one up in .25 caliber for small game hunting.

1722440437727.png

1722440465511.png

I was contemplating the purchase of this gun but due to UX being horrible with repairs and warranty issues, I chose not to. They DON'T sell parts at all! UX wants customers to ship the gun to them for insignificant issues like breach seals ,etc. Supposedly it's being made under contract by Snowpeak with the UX badge on it. If I just had to have that gun, I'd call Airgun Archery Fun in Canada and order the M60B. You can get it with the bottle instead of the silly tube UX is selling it with. You CAN upgrade it to a bottle but according to Wes at "AAF" the only place to get the adapter for it is through him for about 100 bucks. (NO BOTTLE) Then, your warranty is void with UX since you tampered with it.
$599 from UX with possible headaches or $599 from Wes....
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck!

I prefer the "silly tube", as opposed to the bulky bottle, on a lightweight rifle like this.
Glad to see these are finally available.
I have a feeling they are going to be popular.
I respect everyone's opinion but I would have to agree with you. I do prefer the tube just for a lighter gun and slimer profile.

I am not a fan of the huge gap between tube and barrel.
I am also somewhat done with bottles, dont need those as i shoot tethered at the bench, but even if i should go woods walking i would just bring a small bottle to boost from.

Also somewhat depressing this rifle too dont have much in the way of a rail below the air tank / pipe, and only way in the back.

Reactions: 3Crows
I am not a fan of the huge gap between tube and barrel.
I am also somewhat done with bottles, dont need those as i shoot tethered at the bench, but even if i should go woods walking i would just bring a small bottle to boost from.

Also somewhat depressing this rifle too dont have much in the way of a rail below the air tank / pipe, and only way in the
I see your point on both however I’ll wait till I have it in hand. I felt that way about the gap initially.
I now think it lends itself to the sleek slender look.

As Thor would say the only permanence in life is it’s impermanence. If I don’t like the tube I have a friend in Minnesota that can convert it into a different configuration

The lower rail can be moved fore and aft on the tube.

Bottles, lots of shots at higher power, cumbersome, ungainly, heavy, ugly. Tubes, light, slender, nicer aesthetics, fewer shots at high power, a lot of shots at no power. Pick your poison. My multiple bad experiences with a UX Gauntlet(s) leaves me avoiding China guns.

I see your point on both however I’ll wait till I have it in hand. I felt that way about the gap initially.
I now think it lends itself to the sleek slender look.

As Thor would say the only permanence in life is it’s impermanence. If I don’t like the tube I have a friend in Minnesota that can convert it into a different configuration
If I end up getting one, I'll have to contact you to get that person's contact since I too am from Minnesota. It'll be more convenient for me. :D

Reactions: Perle
Anyone have a "shot count calculator"?

The .22 Notos has a 66cc tube style reservoir capacity, ( plenty for my needs) .
The .22 Zelos has a 250cc tube style reservoir capacity.....roughly 4 times the volume of air, compared to the Notos.

In my opinion, the 250cc tube style Zelos should provide plenty of shots, between fills. in .22.
Even in .25 caliber, I still suspect 250cc of air would be plenty for my needs.

I understand that some people actually prefer the aesthetics of a larger bottle style, and the higher shot count too.
But in my opinion, the agility, slender tube, and short over all length of these rifles, are all key selling points.

Anyone has any idea what the SnowPeak Max 1 is and what makes it different from the m60?
View attachment 484801
Max = more power....aproximately 200 FPS faster in both .22 and .25
Max = much larger reservoir ....550 cc tube style vs. 350 cc tube/360 cc bottle/420 cc bottle.
Max = much higher fill .... 4350 psi vs. 3625 psi.
Max = longer barrel ... 700 mm vs. 610 mm.
Max = slightly longer over all....36.7" vs. 36.4"
Max = heavier...1.35 lbs heavier....8.15 lbs vs. 6.8 lbs

Anyone has any idea what the SnowPeak Max 1 is and what makes it different from the m60?
View attachment 484801
Yes, this is supposed to be a new rifle developed by snowpeak. It is still in the works and according to a forum member in gateway to airguns this is a response that was given to him directly from snowpeak:

"They replied that the Max is still in testing stage, and that there is a cylinder surrounding the barrel like the M30, and it is designed to be super powerful with lots of air capacity. Pretty cool, hopefully the end result is a great gun!"

Given snowpeak's reply this does seem to be a really interesting piece indeed!! I wouldn't be surprised if umarex or any other company (stoeger or somebody else) actually sold a relabelled version of it at some point in the near future.

Reactions: zerochance