Umarex Umarex Zelos

Zelos or Max 1?

1. Has anyone seen a sale price on the Zelos in .25 caliber, that is in stock? (Umarex's discount code on their own web site, does not seem to work for me.)

2. Does anyone have any details, on the yet to be released Snowpeak Max 1, or the Umarex version of same, such as (release date/ price/ Umarex name)?

I know the Max 1 is suppose to be almost the same size, same length, about 1 pound heavier, and a lot more power than the Zelos.

My plan is to wait until the Max 1 gets released, and then examine the Max 1 reviews, but....If the Zelos were to go on sale, I would certainly be tempted!

1726122293768.png

Be sure to check the price on the M60 at Airgun Archery Fun. You may loose the foster fill port on the cylinder gun but it may be a little cheaper. Personally if I bought one I think I'd get a carbon fiber bottle. That is lighter, has the foster fitting, and stores a lot more air.

Easy to install the bottle adapter on the M60 to make it an M60B too.

Reactions: mandn
The maximum regulator setting for these guns is a bit of a mystery. I have seen several reviews referencing "1000-2000" settings. But a few where they either turned it up higher or got one set higher. I also noticed in a picture of the gauge on the regulator that it was not red beginning at 2000. Maybe they used the same gauge on both the fill gauge and the regulator gauge? Does the manual say anything (not expecting it would based upon how limited my P35 manuals were)?

Turning it up might risk integrity of the poppet. In my P35s there is not enough hammer spring to go over 150 bar. 150 bar is almost 2200 psi, however. Seems likely the poppet would be made of the same material. I went there and nothing bad happened. I turned it up higher than that but the hammer would not open the valve effectively (velocity was lower than at lower regulator settings). Still the poppet saw the pressure and did not fail. But it might be leaking right now, I have a ballon over the end of the barrel to check it. It has a slow leak somewhere. But my guess is that something like 2200 is pretty safe. My Avenger can be turned it up to 2900 and came set to about that level but I turned it down immediately and I haven't shot it at over 2400. It's currently set to 2200 because the gains of going higher were not very big. I wouldn't want to hurt anybodys gun but it would be interesting to know what sort of velocity a stock gun gets on King Heavies in 25 caliber and if it's not 900 fps what happens with a little higher regulator setting. If it can get to 900 fps or a little more it would make me more interested in going from 2 25 calibers to 3.