Umarex Umarex Zelos

The Notos is a toy… the Zelos looks like an actual rifle.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve two Notos… one stock, the other with plenum and extension. They’re cool, but they’re a total entry level gun.

At $500-$600 the Zelos looks like a good place between the $300-$400 Avenger/DAR/Airacuda level guns, and the $1k+ BRK/FX/AGT offerings.

I’d be interested in a .30, if/when they come out… and they’re a little tunable.
Airguns, bows and slingshots are toys and hobbies.
Bows are more powerful than airguns.

If I ever wanted to mean what I say it would be a bow or a firearm.

But I am doing target shooting.
The Notos (and many other airguns) are perfect for that.

“ you buy a girl the hope diamond and she complains about the weight “

This Zelos is a solid rifle. It performs and I’ll reiterate it can be had on sale for very close to 500

If you shot it you’d understand. Adjust that trigger and she’s golden out of the box.

I like mine. It’s a hit with me
If cost is the main objection the Stoeger Scout might better fit the pricing point and still give you a full featured regulated gun.

Scout is a great gun as well
If I wasn't saving my money for a Leshiy 2, I'd pick up a Zelos.

I got sidetracked with the Weather here. I plan on breaking out the Notos tomorrow and compare.
Even with a tanto it’s louder than it’s baby brother Notos
But not bad in comparison .. this is indoor and “ perceived “ loudness

I’m loving the Zelos
Seen here with its baby brother …..

9A3E510F-C8BF-47A8-A6B9-91F3ED6B184C.jpeg

If you want a Zelos in 30 or 35 caliber, you can get it with Snowpeak instead of Umarex on the side. It is the M60. If you want a tube instead of a bottle I am sure Wes would sell you one (Air, Archery Fun). I think it would be fine for a left handed shooter. The cocking is on the right but I prefer that, I shoot from my left shoulder. The safety is also on the right, however, which is not as handy for a left handed shooter like me but I live with it on all my other airguns. The key thing to me is the magazine. I refuse to buy a gun which puts it's magazine in my face (like all FX bullpups). The magazine on the M60/Zelos is right in the middle of the action hanging out the same amount on both sides. Should not bother right handed or left handed shooters. I'd say it's a good gun for a left handed shooter. If I wanted a 30 caliber it would be high on my list.

If you want a Zelos in 30 or 35 caliber, you can get it with Snowpeak instead of Umarex on the side. It is the M60. If you want a tube instead of a bottle I am sure Wes would sell you one (Air, Archery Fun). I think it would be fine for a left handed shooter. The cocking is on the right but I prefer that, I shoot from my left shoulder. The safety is also on the right, however, which is not as handy for a left handed shooter like me but I live with it on all my other airguns. The key thing to me is the magazine. I refuse to buy a gun which puts it's magazine in my face (like all FX bullpups). The magazine on the M60/Zelos is right in the middle of the action hanging out the same amount on both sides. Should not bother right handed or left handed shooters. I'd say it's a good gun for a left handed shooter. If I wanted a 30 caliber it would be high on my list.
Much thanks JimD. As a left hand shooter like you I appreciate your input on the Zelos

Even with a tanto it’s louder than it’s baby brother Notos
But not bad in comparison .. this is indoor and “ perceived “ loudness

I’m loving the Zelos
Seen here with its baby brother …..

View attachment 487019
technically, the notos is the older brother. younger brother just grew up feeding on growth hormone fed beef.

Reactions: Perle and Dairyboy
I just got the email from Airgun Depot that the Umarex Zelos is in stock. Just wondering if any of you pre-order-ers received it earlier and have done any testing on it? How close is it from the Snowpeak? I assume marginal difference (Non bottle version). I'm really pondering on picking one up in .25 caliber for small game hunting.

View attachment 484394
View attachment 484395
First outing with Zelos after cleaning barrel and lubing needed areas. Shooting AEA 18.3 grain. Very impressed after shooting 24 rounds to break in barrel. 50 yard g5 shot groups averaged 1/2”. Right out of the gate this is a shooter. Would like to see a tube/ barrel brace in the future. All and alol a very happy purchase

First outing with Zelos after cleaning barrel and lubing needed areas. Shooting AEA 18.3 grain. Very impressed after shooting 24 rounds to break in barrel. 50 yard g5 shot groups averaged 1/2”. Right out of the gate this is a shooter. Would like to see a tube/ barrel brace in the future. All and alol a very happy purchase
How many FPS is it shooting the 18.3 grains, right out of the box?

I sort of agree that the Notos is a toy, but it is a bit more too. I mean it's configurable to more power and, from what I've seen, you sure can't complain about the accuracy. I love the idea of a pcp for everyone, that hits all the features and keeps the price down to a very reasonable number.
The Zelo is aimed directly at the market for more power and a full size gun with a minimum of weight. $600 is still cheap for a pcp of any real value. Most folks today will call it a bargain. 900 fps with 18 gr pellets for that kind of money and accuracy to brag about? Looks good to me, and will appeal to the more, shall we say, "refined" crowd, (no disrespect). I agree, it likely won't sell like the Notos, but it's possible, depending on the trigger, etc, that it could be a huge success.

I sort of agree that the Notos is a toy, but it is a bit more too. I mean it's configurable to more power and, from what I've seen, you sure can't complain about the accuracy. I love the idea of a pcp for everyone, that hits all the features and keeps the price down to a very reasonable number.
The Zelo is aimed directly at the market for more power and a full size gun with a minimum of weight. $600 is still cheap for a pcp of any real value. Most folks today will call it a bargain. 900 fps with 18 gr pellets for that kind of money and accuracy to brag about? Looks good to me, and will appeal to the more, shall we say, "refined" crowd, (no disrespect). I agree, it likely won't sell like the Notos, but it's possible, depending on the trigger, etc, that it could be a huge success.
Trigger can be adjusted to one’s liking. Only takes 15 minutes to do so. I think the price point is spot on for those wanting to join the crowd of pcp shooters. I like this gun,,

The MacCavity is now available at PA.
With this rifle hitting the market at $419 for the .25 cal.
Interesting times to be airgunning. Zelos has some competition for sure …

Personally I don't like magazines or the valve by my cheek weld area so I favor the Macavity, however one of my marauders is basically one (a superior one if you ask me) already so guess I am good! :p

-Matt

Reactions: 3Crows
Personally I don't like magazines or the valve by my cheek weld area so I favor the Macavity, however one of my marauders is basically one (a superior one if you ask me) already so guess I am good! :p

-Matt
Show me this Maruader you speak of.

I’d like to try the Mac but I’ve promised to slow spending on this hobby …. 😎

Show me this Maruader you speak of.

I’d like to try the Mac but I’ve promised to slow spending on this hobby …. 😎

I like the Mac, nice looking, and the Zelos in one of it's non-Umarex renditions. The Mac is a China product, right, as is the Zelos? The Mac .25 claims a 44 fpe for 30 shots. Pretty good, nice! But, I have 54+ fpe for 24 shots right here, or 60 fpe for 16 shots, JSAR M-Rod .25:

The one on top ;). Of course, it cost three time the price of the MaCavity. I did not buy a rifle, I bought the parts and what I did not get from JSAR and a few other places I called up Crosman and placed an order for the remainder over the phone and the stock came from GTA and the barrel was given to me as was the transfer port and the trigger group was a trade, but still $$. Does it shoot like a $1400 rifle, hmmmm, yes, mostly yes. The black dot covers a grotesque and bloody exit wound:

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle
I like the Mac, nice looking, and the Zelos in one of it's non-Umarex renditions. The Mac is a China product, right, as is the Zelos? The Mac .25 claims a 44 fpe for 30 shots. Pretty good, nice! But, I have 54+ fpe for 24 shots right here, or 60 fpe for 16 shots, JSAR M-Rod .25:

The one on top ;). Of course, it cost three time the price of the MaCavity. I did not buy a rifle, I bought the parts and what I did not get from JSAR and a few other places I called up Crosman and placed an order for the remainder over the phone and the stock came from GTA and the barrel was given to me as was the transfer port and the trigger group was a trade, but still $$. Does it shoot like a $1400 rifle, hmmmm, yes, mostly yes. The black dot covers a grotesque and bloody exit wound:

How about some group data as well as chronograph data

How about some group data as well as chronograph data
If you want I can PM you or split the thread?

My experience with three Gauntlet rifles left me unwilling to experiment further with Umarex products. Nobody answers the phone, nobody home I guess. That Zelos would be tempting had it not been for the leakers and used rifles they sent me as new. I like the looks of the Zelos and the tube format vs a bottle for a walking hunter (still hunter).

Last edited:
If you want I can PM you or split the thread?

My experience with three Gauntlet rifles left me unwilling to experiment further with Umarex products. Nobody answers the phone, nobody home I guess. That Zelos would be tempting had it not been for the leakers and used rifles they sent me as new. I like the looks of the Zelos and the tube format vs a bottle for a walking hunter (still hunter).
I understand.

Reactions: 3Crows