Umarex Umarex Zelos

The Dollar Sportsman just released his first Zelos videos. His first shots out of the gun (unadjusted/untuned, straight out of the box) were in the 980's for 18.13gr pellets, and he could not get 'reasonable' pellet speeds (880's) until he switched to 25.3's.

I think that he says (maybe in part 2, Slugs) that his reg (from the factory) was received set at ~2,200 psi, even though the book says set it at 1,000-2,000 psi.

His final words - they are coming HOT from the factory (at least his did), so shoot HEAVY projectiles.

Interesting that he was getting basically 1 full mag before needing to re-fill his air (1 mag shot down to ~2,300 psi and his reg was 2,200). At this time he wasn't going to change anything because you wouldn't get all that many more shots by lowering the reg pressure. 20 shots is fine for a hunting gun I guess.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
The Dollar Sportsman just released his first Zelos videos. His first shots out of the gun (unadjusted/untuned, straight out of the box) were in the 980's for 18.13gr pellets, and he could not get 'reasonable' pellet speeds (880's) until he switched to 25.3's.

I think that he says (maybe in part 2, Slugs) that his reg (from the factory) was received set at ~2,200 psi, even though the book says set it at 1,000-2,000 psi.

His final words - they are coming HOT from the factory (at least his did), so shoot HEAVY projectiles.

Interesting that he was getting basically 1 full mag before needing to re-fill his air (1 mag shot down to ~2,300 psi and his reg was 2,200). At this time he wasn't going to change anything because you wouldn't get all that many more shots by lowering the reg pressure. 20 shots is fine for a hunting gun I guess.

Accuracy is not very impressive for only 20 yds?

Accuracy is not very impressive for only 20 yds?
I know that mine is going to be a plinker, so the reg will be turned down to shoot 18's in the 860-890 range, and we'll see how accuracy develops. If I like its handling it might also become a light pester, and might be further tuned down to shoot the Hades at the above speed range.

I know that mine is going to be a plinker, so the reg will be turned down to shoot 18's in the 860-890 range, and we'll see how accuracy develops. If I like its handling it might also become a light pester, and might be further tuned down to shoot the Hades at the above speed range.
Keep us posted. Even My little $300 Airacuda shoots circles around that, and at 30 yds! LOL

I have three P35s, also made by SPA, and they all needed the hammer spring adjusted to be well matched to the regulator setting. I would not be concerned about results on an untuned gun. On the Zellos I think you have to remove the butt pad to get to the hammer spring adjustment but still it would only take a few minutes. I was impressed by the velocity he got out of the 25.4s in a $600 gun. There is another review where he gets single hole 5 shot groups at 50 yards with the 25.4s. I suspect there will be a range of accuracies but all should be pretty good.

I have three P35s, also made by SPA, and they all needed the hammer spring adjusted to be well matched to the regulator setting. I would not be concerned about results on an untuned gun. On the Zellos I think you have to remove the butt pad to get to the hammer spring adjustment but still it would only take a few minutes. I was impressed by the velocity he got out of the 25.4s in a $600 gun. There is another review where he gets single hole 5 shot groups at 50 yards with the 25.4s. I suspect there will be a range of accuracies but all should be pretty good.
Most reviews, including my own , show very very Very good Accuracy.

I’m in it again for the .22 this time. All my “ snowpeaks” shoot excellently. Maybe I’ve been lucky

Could it have been a Marketing Ploy to get more people to use their Business? Sell a few and OOps! Our Inventory was wrong! Never know these days.
I don’t see how. I stumbled across this deal

They said their “ regional supplier “ inventory count was off …..
I’m like … excuse me ? You guys DO use computers right ???

I’m disappointed .. damn it I bought scopes for it. !!!!!

I don’t see how. I stumbled across this deal

They said their “ regional supplier “ inventory count was off …..
I’m like … excuse me ? You guys DO use computers right ???

I’m disappointed .. damn it I bought scopes for it. !!!!!
We need a "FOIA" investigation. How many did they actually sell at that price? Funny that they blamed the supplier?

Reactions: Perle