Umarex Umarex Zelos

Even with a tanto it’s louder than it’s baby brother Notos
But not bad in comparison .. this is indoor and “ perceived “ loudness

I’m loving the Zelos
Seen here with its baby brother …..

View attachment 487019
I really appreciate this photo, the first I found comparing the sizes directly. Thank you very much for sharing it!

Reactions: Airgun Al
If you want a Zelos in 30 or 35 caliber, you can get it with Snowpeak instead of Umarex on the side. It is the M60. If you want a tube instead of a bottle I am sure Wes would sell you one (Air, Archery Fun). I think it would be fine for a left handed shooter. The cocking is on the right but I prefer that, I shoot from my left shoulder. The safety is also on the right, however, which is not as handy for a left handed shooter like me but I live with it on all my other airguns. The key thing to me is the magazine. I refuse to buy a gun which puts it's magazine in my face (like all FX bullpups). The magazine on the M60/Zelos is right in the middle of the action hanging out the same amount on both sides. Should not bother right handed or left handed shooters. I'd say it's a good gun for a left handed shooter. If I wanted a 30 caliber it would be high on my list.
This review is KEY to me, THANK YOU. I've been looking into airguns since buying the lowest-priced wood/classic looking .25 I could find at the time a few years back, which ended up being the Hatsan Flash QE. I like the power of it but it's too long+heavy for easy use by my children among whom is a lefty, especially with a high-mag scope attached for accuracy at the ranges it can reach, and the bolt+lever was designed by a moron, it's utter garbage. I've been looking hard at the Notos as a replacement but would prefer higher power and .25, which the Zelos/M60 gives. But the Notos is half the cost of the Zelos, is 2/3 the weight (4lbs vs 6), and seems exceptionally lefty-friendly... but I'm reading that it needs after-market mags and I would spring for a moderator-insert as well. If the Zelos/M60 is sufficiently lefty-friendly, maybe I'll just go that route... or maybe I really need both :giggle:

I know that mine is going to be a plinker, so the reg will be turned down to shoot 18's in the 860-890 range, and we'll see how accuracy develops. If I like its handling it might also become a light pester, and might be further tuned down to shoot the Hades at the above speed range.
I wanted to do the same with mine. Want to shoot 16-18 grain in that 860-890 range. If you figure out a reg pressure and hammer spring adjustment, do tell 👍

I wanted to do the same with mine. Want to shoot 16-18 grain in that 860-890 range. If you figure out a reg pressure and hammer spring adjustment, do tell 👍
Sorry, I won't be able to help you. If you read my other posts you will see that my order for the Zelos through Midwest Gun Works was one that was cancelled due to their lack of an inventory control system. Impacted multiple folks in the AGN community.

I kind of got tired of trying to find and buy a Zelos for a reasonable price, so I gave up. I don't recall exactly where my Zelos money went, but I think that I may have used it to buy a beauty of a little gun - An FX Dreamline Classic in .22 which UA was clearing out (closing out?) during their Labor Day sale for something like $749 (brand new) with free shipping and no sales tax. That gun is a known commodity to me (my wife shoots one in a laminate stock), and I knew that the lighter synthetic stock would make it an even better light hunter. I already knew its accuracy potential, and the new gun has not disappointed.

So no Zelos for me. Some folks love them but others are having the normal Umarex/Snowpeak problems, which I can truly live without.

Sorry, I won't be able to help you. If you read my other posts you will see that my order for the Zelos through Midwest Gun Works was one that was cancelled due to their lack of an inventory control system. Impacted multiple folks in the AGN community.

I kind of got tired of trying to find and buy a Zelos for a reasonable price, so I gave up. I don't recall exactly where my Zelos money went, but I think that I may have used it to buy a beauty of a little gun - An FX Dreamline Classic in .22 which UA was clearing out (closing out?) during their Labor Day sale for something like $749 (brand new) with free shipping and no sales tax. That gun is a known commodity to me (my wife shoots one in a laminate stock), and I knew that the lighter synthetic stock would make it an even better light hunter. I already knew its accuracy potential, and the new gun has not disappointed.

So no Zelos for me. Some folks love them but others are having the normal Umarex/Snowpeak problems, which I can truly live without.
It sounds like your enjoying your FX!
The good news, is that the Zelos is now even less expensive, since your cancelation!
The Zelos is now down to $430 or so.....maybe even less?

Last edited:

That’s unfortunate, or fortunate depending on how you look at it. Gun.deals has a live inventory search and there’s about 10 retailers with the Zelos under $500. Ended up getting mine for $440 shipped. Good luck 👍