Umarex umarex zelos

ok... i like the price point on this gun. videos all seem to be positive. def. would do an adaptor and bottle. 580.. will 700 fit?
i have a taipan vet long that ive shot ,,,,200? times. that 200 rounds total! upgrade stock. upgrade to dials for tuning. its small enough but its heavy.
as accurate as they come and holds air ,,,well? indefinitely. (ive had it for a few years now) awesome trigger on the taipan. but i think if i had a lighter gun id use it more.

so,,, who's got the zelos? did you do a bottle? talk to me goose. i like .25 cal

Reactions: Firewalker
ok... i like the price point on this gun. videos all seem to be positive. def. would do an adaptor and bottle. 580.. will 700 fit?
i have a taipan vet long that ive shot ,,,,200? times. that 200 rounds total! upgrade stock. upgrade to dials for tuning. its small enough but its heavy.
as accurate as they come and holds air ,,,well? indefinitely. (ive had it for a few years now) awesome trigger on the taipan. but i think if i had a lighter gun id use it more.

so,,, who's got the zelos? did you do a bottle? talk to me goose. i like .25 cal
I

SPA specs are always on the low side for their guns. Their rating for the 25 caliber P35 is low 30fpe range. That is reasonably true with H&N FTT pellets which only weigh 20 grain but with JSB 33.95 grain mine would do 40 fpe out of the box. Mine has had some modifications and is up to 50 fpe in warm weather.

I think we put too much emphasis on fpe. But I also think it is reasonable to want an airgun that can get heavy for caliber pellets up to at least 850 fps. The P35 really will not. I am pretty sure the Zellos will.

SPA does not tune their guns well. Mine have always needed the hammer spring adjusted. My regulators have always been set pretty close to the maximum the hammer spring can handle. I suspect the Zellos may be a bit different since it would need to have a hammer spring that can exert a wider range of force to handle the range of plenum pressure it is supposed to support. I doubt they set the regulator to the maximum just because it would limit the shot count a lot and the gun seems to be capable of pretty high power. I suggest you look at the youtube by the dollar sportsman where he gets JSB 33.95s up to something like 950 fps. Like high 40s fpe. I don't think he tuned the gun and I don't think the regulator is at the maximum. I don't know why anybody would even want 950 fps on 33.95s. Seems like the gun has more than enough power.

The plenum is too small to expect it to go toe to toe with an Impact but when it will give you more than enough for heavy for caliber pellets the only purpose I can see for more is for slugs. There are some reports it does pretty well with lighter slugs, at least.

Another neat feature of the SPA M60 is you can remove the bottle or air tube when it is filled with air. You have to drain the air to move the regulator down and on this gun you do not have to loose all the air in your bottle. Just screw it off and drain the much smaller amount in the gun and you are good to go. When the change is complete screw the bottle back on. You could also carry spare bottles and swap them out as they get low in pressure.

I also saw an airgun detective review this morning that said his 22 caliber Zellos was at the maximum regulator pressure when he got it and it is only 2000 psi. That was not what I've been assuming. Given that he also got high 30s fpe it means the air passage of the Zellos are significantly more open than my P35s (plus the barrel is longer). My Avenger can go to 2900 but if it needs to go there to give equivalent power that pretty much defeats any advantage from 300 bar fill capability. What matters is how high you can fill above the regulator setting. Making power at a lower regulator means you do not need to fill as high.

Zellos has gauges in psi, M60B is bar. Zellos with a tube still has a foster fitting to fill it with. M60 with a tube has a fill probe. But with a bottle the only difference I am aware of is the markings of the pressure gauge. But Umarex is much more available in the U. S. than SPA. But when you have to go to Airgun Archery Fun for the conversion kit, why not just get the gun there? I agree it seems like a good way to go. (Airgun Archery Fun is in Canada)

I have the m60b in 30 cal and it's shooting right around 70 fpe for roughly 3 mags. Accurate enough put a pellet in a raccoons eye at 35 yards. Haven't stretched it past 40 yet, but it stacks JTS 45.06 grains all day at that distance. Just wish polymags would fit and function in the magazine.

I'm tempted to buy another in 22 or 25 and hot rod it.

Reactions: Firewalker
I have the m60b in 30 cal and it's shooting right around 70 fpe for roughly 3 mags. Accurate enough put a pellet in a raccoons eye at 35 yards. Haven't stretched it past 40 yet, but it stacks JTS 45.06 grains all day at that distance. Just wish polymags would fit and function in the magazine.

I'm tempted to buy another in 22 or 25 and hot rod it.

Hot Rod!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein