• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Undecided BSA or Weihrauch pcp.

I have two HW 100s, .22 and .177. They are fantastically accurate and are not pellet picky. Both shoot Crosmans very well. The .177 loves the 10.5 gr and the .22 CPHPs

IMG_0281.jpeg

I have an HW100 carbine in .177 and I like it very much. It's accurate, easy to tune, robust build, and great trigger. Mine came shooting a bit hot for best accuracy, but again, it's easy to tune. The trigger was adjusted a bit heavy for me, and with some noticeable creep. But it's a good two-stage trigger and adjustable. Mine releases at around 6 ounces and is very crisp. The manual does not describe the second stage sear engagement adjustment, which has to be accessed if there is creep in it. I'm sure that for safety considerations they set it up with generous sear engagement, which I understand. But since it is a real two-stage trigger, the second stage sear isn't engaged until the first stage is at its stop, so it can safely be adjusted with less engagement (within reason). Depending on your use, one potential weakness with the Weihrauch is a limited shot count. I have mine tuned down now to 12 fpe, and the shot count is over 80 on reg, so it's great at lower power settings, which I'm sure was its original design parameter. Sorry that I can't offer a comparison to the BSA since I have no experience with it. One final suggestion, investigate the maintenance and repair support for the rifles. Some of the European makers have US distributers/dealers with good tech and parts support, and with others it's almost non-existent. I would also ask advice from a good independent air gunsmith.

Reactions: Vana2
No experience with the BSA but I will say that I'm very fond of my two Weihrauch HW100 PCPs for all the reasons listed in the posts above. Will add that over 8 years and many thousands of shots I've had no problems with either rifle and they both have worked flawlessly.

The .22 caliber wasn't available at the time I wanted to make my purchase so I bought a .177 with the intention of trading or selling it when the .22 came available. I liked the .177 so much that I've kept it for plinking and target shooting and use the .22 mostly for pesting and hunting.

Thanks for all the repliesđź‘Ť l do think the hw100 is my favourite just a shame about the low shot count per fill especially in the .177 carbine which is the one l would want.
I see that you are in England, so I assume you would buy a sub-12 fpe model. If so, you're shot count will be over 80, maybe closer to 100 before accuracy falls off, assuming you get the full length cylinder. In the US the carbine models are sold with the longer cylinder, but I don't know about the UK, it could be only with FAC level guns.

I see that you are in England, so I assume you would buy a sub-12 fpe model. If so, you're shot count will be over 80, maybe closer to 100 before accuracy falls off, assuming you get the full length cylinder. In the US the carbine models are sold with the longer cylinder, but I don't know about the UK, it could be only with FAC level guns.
Yea, is only for FAC. The UK sub12 carbines have a 310mm barrel with 105cc cylinder. The "carbines" with full length cylinder have 410mm barrels.

They look good, just thought l would like to try something different, l have an old AA S200 in .22 l think the bsa and Weihrauch look nicer, also looking to go carbine version.
Here is my S510 Carbine FAC in .22 for reference. Quite handsome IMO. My BSA R10 .177 is also a looker.

AAS510 Carbine.jpg

Attachments

• BSA R10 Sparrow Watch.jpg
    BSA R10 Sparrow Watch.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 12