Brocock/BRK Untouted BRK Ghost feature…

Got a PM from a fellow member querying if I had to choose one…? Ghost Carbine or Pathfinder. This inspired me to grab the Ghost and do some extensive plinking. In the midst of which I discovered. How easy it is to single load the Ghost. Without breaking my cheek weld I’m literally looking into the breach, thumb a pellet in… Send and repeat…🤓

amazing guns. they need a lighter trigger,a larger capacity magazine, bigger transfer ports on the barrel as they are very restrictive and making the riffle not as efficient, AR grip system is a must and a better butt pad
With the push of a finger and 2 mags you get 26 shots in 177 how much more do you want. Anyone in about 10 min can adjust the trigger to 8 oz ?

Reactions: Dairyboy
With the push of a finger and 2 mags you get 26 shots in 177 how much more do you want. Anyone in about 10 min can adjust the trigger to 8 oz ?
1 mag, no push. Impact has many more in one mag and maverick has almost that in one mag as well. 10 is terrible,especially when it os an extra $125 for the second, i could have a pile of mags for any fx at that price. And too expensive for any caliber changes. Fix thos and maybe i would be excited about less orings.

1 mag, no push. Impact has many more in one mag and maverick has almost that in one mag as well. 10 is terrible,especially when it os an extra $125 for the second, i could have a pile of mags for any fx at that price. And too expensive for any caliber changes. Fix thos and maybe i would be excited about less orings.
i am an ex impact guy ,6 of them to be exact. i would keep the ghost over them anytime. especially now that Orion designs magazines for it. it needs a few tweaks for sure. but once you feel how solid this thing is you’ll remember me

i am an ex impact guy ,6 of them to be exact. i would keep the ghost over them anytime. especially now that Orion designs magazines for it. it needs a few tweaks for sure. but once you feel how solid this thing is you’ll remember me
I hated the delta wolf and could not get back to an impact faster afterwards. I went with an MK2. Never poi issues or any of the typical complaints. My airguns get treated like aircraft and get an overhaul each year if i keep it that long. Orings are not a big deal if you do it right. 10shots is a deal breaker for me, over $2k for a ghost new, it should have at least 2. Mags instead nend over for the second and no aftermarket do the same magnet together gimmick. Also FX will tell me parts and oring info. Daystate gives crickets for a response.

amazing guns. they need a lighter trigger,a larger capacity magazine, bigger transfer ports on the barrel as they are very restrictive and making the riffle not as efficient, AR grip system is a must and a better butt pad
Will agree on the buttpad, the trigger can be lightened ,my Ghost Carbine is an efficient shooter, sending JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13s and CPHPs. I don’t have an issue with the AK47 style grip… The larger capacity magazines, why? So they can get in the way of your face? I personally dislike those huge FX mags sticking “way out” of the guns. The only time I go through multiple magazines is in my plinking sessions. Loading magazines “is” a part if the shooting process, unless you have a “gun bearer” handling that for you…🙈

2 €240 mags :)
Quality costs good money… Seems you gone from liking the Ghost to being a detractor?

Yes but are those piles of huge FX magazines as high quality.? I would personally rather have one good quality metal magazine. Then a whole bunch of plastic ones… Extra mags as it applies to firearms oh yeah. For the casual airgunners? Overrated as you are not fighting off threats, just maybe hunting, plinking, pesting or targets…. Complaints about magazine shot counts? Are just that, complaints…🤓 As for caliber changes? Another overstated, non feature, of certain PCPs. The majority will buy a Ghost or multiple caliber platform and use just the one caliber. Why? Because, in theory caliber changes are simple. In practice, not so much. As you have to reset your gun to the new caliber… And the prior caliber kit just sits.,until you decide to repeat the process. More practical to some to just get a second PCP. For instance I have zero desire to change my .22 Ghost into any other caliber…🙏

I hated the delta wolf and could not get back to an impact faster afterwards. I went with an MK2. Never poi issues or any of the typical complaints. My airguns get treated like aircraft and get an overhaul each year if i keep it that long. Orings are not a big deal if you do it right. 10shots is a deal breaker for me, over $2k for a ghost new, it should have at least 2. Mags instead nend over for the second and no aftermarket do the same magnet together gimmick. Also FX will tell me parts and oring info. Daystate gives crickets for a response.

All the information you need to work on the BRKs…

Will agree on the buttpad, the trigger can be lightened ,my Ghost Carbine is an efficient shooter, sending JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13s and CPHPs. I don’t have an issue with the AK47 style grip… The larger capacity magazines, why? So they can get in the way of your face? I personally dislike those huge FX mags sticking “way out” of the guns. The only time I go through multiple magazines is in my plinking sessions. Loading magazines “is” a part if the shooting process, unless you have a “gun bearer” handling that for you…🙈

Quality costs good money… Seems you gone from liking the Ghost to being a detractor?

Yes but are those piles of huge FX magazines as high quality.? I would personally rather have one good quality metal magazine. Then a whole bunch of plastic ones… Extra mags as it applies to firearms oh yeah. For the casual airgunners? Overrated as you are not fighting off threats, just maybe hunting, plinking, pesting or targets…. Complaints about magazine shot counts? Are just that, complaints…🤓 As for caliber changes? Another overstated, non feature, of certain PCPs. The majority will buy a Ghost or multiple caliber platform and use just the one caliber. Why? Because, in theory caliber changes are simple. In practice, not so much. As you have to reset your gun to the new caliber… And the prior caliber kit just sits.,until you decide to repeat the process. More practical to some to just get a second PCP. For instance I have zero desire to change my .22 Ghost into any other caliber…🙏
not a chance i am not hating it. the exact opposite, i am just stating what could be improved for better accuracy and efficiency.

All the information you need to work on the BRKs…
I like to shoot and stick with 2 to 3 mags. For just a hunter and stalker, the stoeger bullshark does that for $400 all it needed was a spring to get a match trigger on it. It comes with 2 aluminum 8 shot magazines. I agree with caliber changes not important to me either. It is not setup for a plinker is all. I only shoot the FX mags and have not had any issues with those either. I was an FX hater before i got a few of them and just keep coming back after trying to not like them.lol. i may get a ghost .177 in the future if they can get more power out of it.

Reactions: L.Leon
reminds me of Chevy vs. Ford bs, get what you want and be happy,no need to bash something because you like something else:unsure:.

Lol, yep.

I got a good chuckle this morning out of it, for two reasons.

First is that the topic was started specifically about how easy the Ghost is to single-feed, and yet somehow we're talking about magazine count. Missed the point? I'd say so.

Second is that no matter what is said about the Ghost, somebody's gotta pipe up and try to make themselves feel better about owning an FX impact. And it's been that way since the Ghost was released. You wanna hear about the Impact? Say something about the Ghost and they'll come running, stumbling all over themselves to comment on the Impact in a Ghost discussion. The reverse would be if I commented on my Ghost in every Impact discussion. During those days when I was dedicating lots of time to the Ghost review it was annoying, but at this point it's just humorous.

reminds me of Chevy vs. Ford bs, get what you want and be happy,no need to bash something because you like something else:unsure:.
Yeah, some just like to whine no matter what they have in hand.
Some of the things that are complained about are just nonsense.
I like my Ghost Compact. Outta the box, a couple of adjustments, the magazines are fine as is, no other complaints.
I got over my initial complaints a LONG time ago !

Car wise, I've owned Chevy (various), Anglia, Studebaker (various), Rambler, and now a 493 inch Chrysler (wedge), in a 1959 Vauxhall !
Brands...DON'T...matter.

Mike

Maybe, just maybe, M3 owners are planning to sell their M3 and don’t want their potential buyers to get a Ghost. They realize the market for FX M3s and Impacts are sadly depreciating faster than an out of warranty Maserati in Miami. This, largely due to their over engineering and need for parts which seem to be getting scarce. Now, that’s just a hunch. My BRKs, including the Ghost are fantastic and reliable. I wish they were a pound lighter without sacrificing shot count, that’s my only gripe. However, if durability requires an extra lb, so be it. Their Dealer in AZ couldn’t be better. For the price paid, they earn their customer loyalty. Truly Remarkable.

I will own one someday. I guess then I can be critical or praise it for sure. From a far I don’t like the price of barrel kits or the higher reg pressures required to get the same performance some other platforms achieve with a lot less.
My Ghost XR Carbine

As received from AOA:

JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13 @
902 FPS avg.
900 min. / 905 max.
Spread 5
Standard deviation 2
Regulator @ 100 BAR / Power Wheel on 10

My Ghost XR Carbine

As received from AOA:

JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13 @
902 FPS avg.
900 min. / 905 max.
Spread 5
Standard deviation 2
mine was maxing at 920fps jsb KO 13.43 out of the box 145 bar Reg at number 8(where the speed stop increasing) i raised it to 155 bar step by step and now is perfect and we talk about a 5mm hole at 50 meters. now it maxes at power wheel number 12

IMG-20240728-WA0002.jpg

Reactions: L.Leon
My Ghost XR Carbine

As received from AOA:

JSB Exact Jumbo 18.13 @
902 FPS avg.
900 min. / 905 max.
Spread 5
Standard deviation 2
That isn’t too bad. I usually shoot heavier ammo. I think in a cpl videos the guns were set at 160 or 170 bar for that speed with 33.95. My impact did it with 120 bar and im guessing my maverick probably would even lower. I know that doesn’t mean everything. I have an epoch that operates at 1350 psi with 33.95. That certainly doesn’t mean it is air efficient. I guess if the ghost is efficient then the reg pressure doesn’t mean as much.