FWB Unusual FWB 110?

FWB 110 are rare. This is even more unusual, a Daisy 110, late serial number from the 1968 range, with typical Daisy barrel sleeve, and breech machined to accept a sledge mechanism. This is why FWB 150 are occassionally stamped "110":
L1010711.jpeg
I guess FWB was using up excess receivers from the less popular 110?
The gun was very poorly cared for, but not used very much?
L1010712.jpeg
L1010713.jpeg
L1010714.jpeg

The odd 110's show up on occasion. It's kind of a mystery.

edit:
My guess is that the model 110 tubes, like yours, that are milled for a sledge attachment were manufactured during the same time period as the model 150's and the earliest production 110's were not milled. On occasion, guns stamped Model 110 with the sledge attached show up. Could be that it was a later add-on or perhaps an option for that model?

Last edited:
Never even heard of it. Here is a great blog on the rifle. To see the next article sometimes it is easier to change the one to a two,etc. at the end of the URL.

Condition taken into account, I would still call it a good acquisition. I think that I have seen more Whiscombes offered for sale then I have seen 110s offered up.

Do you plan to just restore it to service, or is a more complete resto in the works?

Congratulations on scoring an example, regardless of the exterior condition.

Is it true, as the Blue Book claims, that fewer than 200 were made? If so, I can kick myself now for selling an extremely clean FWB 110 in 1993 for $275.
According to FWB, 180 model 110 and 44,000 model 150 were made. The serial numbers for 110 are in the same range as 150, so the two were made side-by-side up to 1968. Yup, it's pretty rare.
Mine is too far gone to be restored, it will be "patina" gun as the antique auto guys say!

Reactions: MDriskill
The odd 110's show up on occasion. It's kind of a mystery.

edit:
My guess is that the model 110 tubes, like yours, that are milled for a sledge attachment were manufactured during the same time period as the model 150's and the earliest production 110's were not milled. On occasion, guns stamped Model 110 with the sledge attached show up. Could be that it was a later add-on or perhaps an option for that model?
Not to get too far out in the weeds, if you look at the stamping on the receiver on on these early FWB, it may be that the "LG FWB Mod 110 or 150..." was stamped using a different font than the serial number, as if the receivers were made and stamped at a earlier time, and the gun serial stamped later as the receivers were used up...with too many 110 stamped earlier and excess available, they just used them up to make 150???

Not to get too far out in the weeds, if you look at the stamping on the receiver on on these early FWB, it may be that the "LG FWB Mod 110 or 150..." was stamped using a different font than the serial number, as if the receivers were made and stamped at a earlier time, and the gun serial stamped later as the receivers were used up...with too many 110 stamped earlier and excess available, they just used them up to make 150???
One would need to gather and compare the serial numbers from the 110s and 150s in order to get a handle on what was truly going on.
No matter how patinated yours is, it's still a pretty cool find.

Wow - a Daisy 110 has gotta be very rare! The FWB 110 was apparently a sales flop - most buyers logically decided to pay the extra tariff for the recoil-eating 150. Seems like that action coulda been the basis for a pretty awesome deluxe sporter though.

I have no expertise in FWB production esoterica, but FWIW I've seen a couple of the contemporary Diana 60-series recoilless barrel-cockers that had a similar mis-match in numbers. The first two digits of their serials reflect the production year, which is sometimes one digit different from the date stamp on the receiver tube.