• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

UPDATE FOR 2024 AAFTA NATIONALS Massachusetts Rifle Association MRA FT

We at MRA FT have been preparing to host the AAFTA 2024 Nationals and there has been some pushback from the Hunter class shooters wanting to shoot 2 shots per target as it has always been done. So I have a solution, the hunter shooters will be shooting one course while the remaining classes will shoot the other which is often the case. There will still be 25 lanes on each course with 2 targets per lane, We will have a separate scorecard for the Hunter class, the card will be for a 15 lane, 60 shot match. For instance, the Hunter shooters will be assigned the Yellow course lanes 10 -25 day one, then the Blue course lanes 1-15 for day 2 making a 120 points total for the weekend. The WFTF and Open Class Shooters will be shooting 1 shot per target 25 lanes per day for a total of 100 points for the duration of the weekend. Please respond and let me know what you think I hope that this resolves any issues.

Excellent Decision Matt. Up this way the Hunter class has been the main support for Field Target here in the NorthEast. I understand the handful of WFTF shooters up this way want the practice and there is plenty of ways to accomplish that without screwing with our Hunter class game at our Nationals. Many of us have been waiting since 2006 to get a National back in New England. It did seem a bummer to hear our game was being changed just because the Worlds were coming to the USA.