UPDATE on my RAW regulator leaking

My RAW regulator is leaking out of the hole closes to the block. I removed the regulator, have the o rings to replace but not sure how it comes apart. I have tried Air Arms, and you tube but I can't find a video of how it comes apart. Thanks for any help.

20240910_101806.jpg

Scroll down to the part about regulator disassembly.
The Theoben regulator is made the same as the RAW, o-ring sizes can be different.
The o-rings on the regulator's stem failing will cause air to leak out the weep hole on its side.

Scroll down to the part about regulator disassembly.
The Theoben regulator is made the same as the RAW, o-ring sizes can be different.
The o-rings on the regulator's stem failing will cause air to leak out the weep hole on its side.

Thanks I took apart the regulator and the bigger one on the stem was hard and fell apart when I tried to remove it.
What the best to put on the orings, a tad of silicone oil or silicone grease, or does ot matter. My mind is thinking a tad of silicone oil, but have used silicone grease on other o rings.

Thanks for the replies. So....I removed my regulator in my RAW and took it apart. I use c clip pliers to remove the brass inlet nozzle to replace the o ring under it. I lightly lubed the o rings and put it all back together, tried filling it with air and was still leaking out the regulator vent hole....I'm like REALLY WTF... Gave a call to Martin, told him what I had done, he told me the silicone on the orings inside the regulator could be the cause. I took it back apart, sprayed the inside regulator body with brake clean, took off the o rings on the nozzle, cleaned it, wiped all the silicone off the orings. Put it all back together, prayed, sprayed it with some holy water...and no leaks.
I have been told by acouple knowledgeable air gunners that they never use silicone or silicone oil on their orings, for that same reason. I was told if everything is clean, the orings will seal, they don't need silicone or oil.
Maybe this may help somebody out there with a leak.
THOUGHT OR COMMENTS?

I sure appreciate the timing of this thread and the information shared. Picked up my RAW to play with today and found it to have 0 PSI. Put some air in it and it's leaking from the vent hole. I plan to pull the reg, clean and replace the O-rings like the OP has done. Little to no silicone on reassembly, eh?

View attachment 495738
Some say use a little silicone, I assembled my reg with no silicone on the orings and it's holding fine.Do you have the 4 correct O rings ? You can buy 50 or 100 of each size for about 1.00 per o ring from Oringsandmore.com.

20240913_074437.jpg

Last edited:
Some say use a little silicone, I assembled my reg with no silicone on the orings and it's holding fine.Do you have the 4 correct O rings ? You can buy 50 or 100 of each size for about 1.00 per o ring from Oringsandmore.com.

View attachment 495763
Excellent, I love parts diagrams (y). I do have a ziplock bag of O-rings that came with the rifle, just need to dig them out and see if they are what is spec'd for the regulator. Thank you for all the info!