Crosman Upgrading 1377 to 2240 Grip/Trigger Assembly

I received and installed the trigger group, but I couldn't cock the hammer. After doing additional research, I learned the new trigger group catches on the "waist" of the hammer on the 1377. Some people successfully filled it in with jb weld, but I opted to fill it with a mig welder and clean it up on the lathe. The trigger is now amazing. Not cheap since the trigger group cost me twice what the pistol cost me, but I love having an airgun pistol option that doesn't require packing the pcp bottle.

I don't think "upgrading" anything to 2240 trigger assembly would be an upgrade. I did upgrade all my 22xx pistols to the 1701 2 stage triggers. and a couple with what is called a supersear. The 1701 is light years ahead of a standard 22xx trigger. The supersear with a little polishing on the engagement surfaces gives a very good trigger, especially when used with a trigger with a roller cam surface. I do no know if the supersear is any longer available, I found mine about 4 years ago on ebay, and Airguns of Arizona.

Reactions: Scroooface
I don't think "upgrading" anything to 2240 trigger assembly would be an upgrade. I did upgrade all my 22xx pistols to the 1701 2 stage triggers. and a couple with what is called a supersear. The 1701 is light years ahead of a standard 22xx trigger. The supersear with a little polishing on the engagement surfaces gives a very good trigger, especially when used with a trigger with a roller cam surface. I do no know if the supersear is any longer available, I found mine about 4 years ago on ebay, and Airguns of Arizona.
I looked up what a 2240 trigger looks like and it is the same as the stock 1377. The upgraded trigger I installed is the 1701 and the trigger is amazing, not just compared to 1377/2240. It's light, breaks clean, and the over-travel screw makes it feel like the trigger didn't have to move to break.

if you want the best prices you buy the parts at Crosman and i know some time the trigger group is not available
Crosman has all the parts diagrams on their site and you can check what part is used on what
https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/categories/200223634-Owner-s-Manuals-and-Parts-Diagrams

the factory trigger group for the 2240 can be improved by replacing the sear spring with a much lighter one, it's job is to hold up the sear
the pins are under sized and can be replaced and the adding of shims
the sear is a crude piece of stamped steel, the areas at the trigger and hammer face can be polished and if you are brave, you can take .8 to 1.0 mm off the top of the sear to shorten the amount that needs to clear the hammer and if too much buy a new sear i did say brave
they make wider sears that are a great improvement, add a better triggers and Cothran machine are the best
so, all owners of the 2240 have a choice leave it factory or go to the 1701P trigger group or find something in between because of skill level or costs

Reactions: oxnam
I built up several, basically using the frame and barrel only, went with steel breeches, 1701 triggers or supersears. Wide triggers with roller, oversize pins with shims and finally aluminum trigger cover(sideplate) https://magnumairpower.com/ols/categories/custom-and-upgrade-parts, Had to do some looking for this website as my old laptop with all the source info was lost, that is the data was lost when the laptop died

I think the triggers, pins, shims and some othe parts came from alchemy airgunwerks on ebay, I did order something from alliance hobby and see he has an updated website. It took forever to get my order from him and heard one of the forums that some folks never got their orders.

Alliance had a bad reputation and i was on the side of the fence but i took another chance in the last year and things went very well
i think it is a case of not enough help and too damn much business
I hope so, My less than stellar experience was about 3 years ago, and at that time I resolved not to do business there again. He had and has some rather good products. You could send an email about an order and never get a reply, simply not a good way to do business, much less not sending out an order in a timely manner. I can understand a week maybe two, but months??