Uragan 2

Anyone get there new U2 yet

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 10.00.11 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: pdxFrank
Douger,
No U2s listed at Krales, so answer is no, for me. Two days ago, Andy's Airgun Reviews did a U2 review and shared some interesting news. One, only .22 caliber available to him as AGT is struggling to get other caliber barrels. Two, current Uragan fill probe won't work on U2. Three, carbon fiber stock is 100% carbon fiber, and not just a CF covering. Lightest of all stock options, but you pay for the privilege. Looks like synthetic stock U2 will be the lowest cost version. WM

Never looked at the Uragan before., nice looking gun. I couldn't find much info about it on line. What sort of power does it make? Seems like quite a jump in barrel length between the compact and the 600. You have to go to the Vulcan to get a 500mm length barrel (can't find much info on those either).The price is comparable to FX. I wonder how the quality stacks up. The plastic trigger makes me wonder about the quality vs price ratio.

Mine are all uragan 1 .. tuned by Derek wall.. power is not that hard to bump up if you have a regulator tester..aviable at talon tunes. The 177 shoots 16g at 960fps.-- the .22 does 25g at 955fps .. the .25 do 34g at 970fps the .30 50g at 895fps.. at that tune they are slug only guns and they shot them flawlessly.. for what I use them..it was the best way I had spent my money.. for pellets I use 2 small cricket in 177 n .22 ..the 177 compact is with the tuner Derek wall..for a complete seal n tune for 10.34. Hope to see that gun soon..

Buying a Uragan .25 from Krales saved $234 over Talon Tunes "to my door" price so I'll patiently wait a little longer. I'd be surprised if Krales doesn't have U2s listed by the end of September. The AGT barrel dilemma is concerning since a synthetic (700mm) .30 is on my wish list, but with all the supply chain issues, it's no great surprise. Might have to wait a little longer, I'm getting used to it by now. WM

Reactions: Sc0-
gfmiller58,
Consider the AGT brand, it won't disappoint. I've an FX M3 Sniper .25 and an MK3 Wildcat .30 Sniper, both well-built solid performers. Latest acquisition was a Uragan Standard .25, also a well-built solid performer. The Uragan ergonomics and balance are exceptional, snugs up nice and quick for the shot. All offer incredible power and accuracy, however, the Uragan doesn't offer the quick tunability of the FXs. So impressed with the Uragan, I've decided to get a U2 in .30. WM

Reactions: SteveV and mercado
One, only .22 caliber available to him as AGT is struggling to get other caliber barrels.
All the more reason to exercise caution when buying AGT and let someone slug barrels first. Also ask the dealer for the land and groove diameter before handing over your money to be sure standard size ammo works in your new gun. There's not much worse than being sold a .306 when you thought you were buying a .300 and then have the manufacturer ignore you.

Never looked at the Uragan before., nice looking gun. I couldn't find much info about it on line. What sort of power does it make? Seems like quite a jump in barrel length between the compact and the 600. You have to go to the Vulcan to get a 500mm length barrel (can't find much info on those either).The price is comparable to FX. I wonder how the quality stacks up. The plastic trigger makes me wonder about the quality vs price ratio.
Does the Vulcan 3 have a plastic trigger blade too? Anyone know? Kinda' disappointing to see that on U2.

Looks like talon tunes is in stock
Not the carbon stock version which is advertised at under 6 lbs. I am 86 years old and the first thing I check when shopping for an airgun is the weight ( unscoped). If it is much over 6 lbs I move on to something else. Most of the airguns on the market, especially the high end models need to come with an optional bipod with casters if it’s intended use is
for hunting. In the meantime, I’ll stay with my Artemis P-15 (6 pounds with scope, Donny FL, aftermarket buttstock and loaded magazine ). I’ll be selling my heavyweights if I can ever figure out how to post an item in the classifieds…yes, I’ve done th 10 postings.

Does the Vulcan 3 have a plastic trigger blade too? Anyone know? Kinda' disappointing to see that on U2.
That's another reason I returned my Kalibr Argus to Krale. No way I'm paying $1400 for an airgun with a plastic trigger! And after my several dozen attempts to tune the regulator, I decided right there and then, I would never spend high dollars for guns that don't have an externally adjustable regulator.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon and douger