• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

USARB Class Updates for next season

Greetings,

I have a few USARB announcements.

1st, I have taken over target sales after Joe Fredrick did a fantastic job for so many years. Thanks Joe!
Target costs and shipping has increased a fair amount. Should be no surprise there, we haven't had target's
printed in several years. I've worked with the WRABF to get the latest target files and specifications.
We have targets for the 4 distances classes now. 25, 50, 75 and 100 meters.
I have 25 and 50 meter. New color and format printed and in stock. As those are what we use the most.
I have the 75 and 100 meter being quoted presently. I don't plan to have many printed until people start shooting those classes.
There is a lot of crossover with N50 and EBR at those distances, so time will tell if they'll be used at all.
Another change is I'm selling targets to individuals now not just USARB clubs. I've gotten so many requests I've decided to give it a try,
Clubs get targets and shipping at my cost. Individuals pay a slightly higher cost. Minimum order is 100 targets. Prices and my contact info can be found on the USARB website.

2nd, We will be removing the USA Sportsmen's class for lack of participation.

3rd, We are adding a new and somewhat controversial class. It's called USA Hunter Target
It is a hybrid Hunter Field Target and 25 meter Benchrest class.
Details should be up on the USARB website later this week.
It's basically Hunter Field Target guns shot off buckets and sticks (bipods) at our 25 meter targets at 25 meters and scored accordingly.
Not as easy as it sounds. It can be shot simultaneously with a benchrest match.
The concept is to attract Field Target shooters to benchrest. It can be shot indoors or outdoors and regarded as good
practice for FT shooters. We've been shooting it localily this past summer and fall and has been very well received.

That's it for now.
I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming season.

Mark

I got a chance to shoot a Hunter Target match this year. One benefit to it, is that it doesn't require any equipment other than standard field target gear so fancy, expensive front rests aren't needed. You have to hold your gun on your sticks real steady. You're aiming to hit 25yard benchrest 9s and 10s at only 5/16" diameter instead of 1/2" to 1-1/2" FT kill zones but this is where the new discipline becomes excellent practice for Field Target. Because it's shot at 25 yards, you can shoot indoors all winter long to keep your eye and trigger finger coordination sharp and ready for spring.

Reactions: SAZ