FX Used Fx Impact m3

I’d probably pick up an Avenge X and try my hand with that first. Going straight into long range airgun shooting is kind of like starting out with powder burners at 1000 yards. Sure, you can do it, but there’s a lot involved with it and you might want to dip your toes in before spending $3000+ on a long range setup.

300+ Yards? What is your target an abandoned barn? Expect 10-20moa groups and huge scope elevation erector assembly. It can be done, and has but its not anything like a PB. You will need expensive equipment, ammo, compressor, etc. A Gauntlet 30Cal isnt going to get you where you want lol. But yes, a Texan or a full built Impact are decent options. 35Cal is also a good option, assuming you can hit the max stable speeds of ~1070fps. But you are realistically looking at several thousand clams to ring steel at 300yds with any consistency. For reference my fully built MK2 Impact slugger in 25Cal is maybe a 200yd max target setup. For hunting my max range is much closer, and my rifle has been a reliable sub moa puncher. Not normal to get a pcp under moa, especially further than 100yds. Most airguns will shoot tiny groups up to about 50yds, and the challenge gets frustrating at longer ranges for most people.

Reactions: TARoberson
300+ Yards? What is your target an abandoned barn? Expect 10-20moa groups and huge scope elevation erector assembly. It can be done, and has but its not anything like a PB. You will need expensive equipment, ammo, compressor, etc. A Gauntlet 30Cal isnt going to get you where you want lol. But yes, a Texan or a full built Impact are decent options. 35Cal is also a good option, assuming you can hit the max stable speeds of ~1070fps. But you are realistically looking at several thousand clams to ring steel at 300yds with any consistency. For reference my fully built MK2 Impact slugger in 25Cal is maybe a 200yd max target setup. For hunting my max range is much closer, and my rifle has been a reliable sub moa puncher. Not normal to get a pcp under moa, especially further than 100yds. Most airguns will shoot tiny groups up to about 50yds, and the challenge gets frustrating at longer ranges for most people.
Amen 🙏

There's been a lot of discussion on this and other forums about shooting airguns at 200-400 yards. Sure, it can be done and you may hit your target if you shoot at it enough times. But truly, do airguns or even rimfires, have any practical use beyond 100 yards? IMO, it's just a fun thing to do just to see if it can be done. Personally, I would get a 6.5 Creedmoor.

I have a FX Impact M3 I would sell .25Cal

IMG_4770.jpeg