I’m not molding by own pellets or slugs. So what do I do with all the lead that accumulates with practice.
Just put 20 shots through the HW95n tonight.
This is after passing through the target.

I’ve just been putting them in an old can for now. Sure won’t just throw them in the garbage.

IMG_2319.jpeg

I’m not molding by own pellets or slugs. So what do I do with all the lead that accumulates with practice.
Just put 20 shots through the HW95n tonight.
This is after passing through the target.

I’ve just been putting them in an old can for now. Sure won’t just throw them in the garbage.

View attachment 499396

I have a lot of spent lead sitting in a box. Maybe I'll get into casting my own pellets some day, otherwise, I'll just recycle it some day properly at a facility outfitted to.

-Matt

I have over 20 lbs on hand now. I clean out my pellet traps when they start getting heavy. I use an old and small pot on the side burner of my propane grill (outside) to melt the pellets down and then cast them into 1 lb and 1/2 lb ingots using a Lee mold. I have a 25 caliber pellet mold but my guns do not like the pellets I make with it. I do not think there is anything wrong with the mold (it is a NOE) I just think it is the normal pickiness of airguns on projectiles. I will probably get a mold for fishing weights and use some of it that way. I also have a little project fishing boat under construction on a very relaxed schedule. Issue at the moment is a good running gas motor (two candidates neither runs good currently). But when I have a good motor on it I will want anchors on both ends of it and may melt some of the ingots down and fill up a tin can with the lead to use as an anchor off the back (it just stops drifting side to side).

Reactions: TMH and BABz58
...But when I have a good motor on it I will want anchors on both ends of it and may melt some of the ingots down and fill up a tin can with the lead to use as an anchor off the back...
That's another great idea - even for non-fisherpersons. I'm thinking now of filling some old 5# coffee can, with a big eye bolt sticking up out of the poured-in lead. What a great ground anchor for things like the pipe canopy sheltering my little RV trailer.

Thanks!

Reactions: BABz58