Benjamin Valve spring for Marauder with light weight hammer?

I have a .177 Marauder with a regulator, light weight hammer. I changed the valve spring to a lighter spring. The hammer spring is oem. The shot count is in low 50s and the es is a bit high. The gun doesn't sound right, if that makes sense. I had a .177 Marauder, tuned by motorhead, so l know what a well tuned Marauder should be. I am using an Altarous regulator and suspect an issue but want to check everything else first. Anyone know what length and wire size valve spring would be best for this tune? It is good to know, if l can't get it tuned, a quick trip west to Scott will solve my issue. Thanks,Don

Reactions: anonymous_.457
You could try adding a spacer to the current valve spring which can sit in the valve cap / seat. 1/2" spacer would provide quite a change. If your hammer spring setting is at its minimum, you could reduce the hammer travel/throw settings a bit.

Ultimately, it comes down to finding the right balance with tuning your hammer spring tension / throw. You could probably skin this cat about 5 ways.

-Matt

Reactions: Dairyboy
I have a .177 Marauder with a regulator, light weight hammer. I changed the valve spring to a lighter spring. The hammer spring is oem. The shot count is in low 50s and the es is a bit high. The gun doesn't sound right, if that makes sense. I had a .177 Marauder, tuned by motorhead, so l know what a well tuned Marauder should be. I am using an Altarous regulator and suspect an issue but want to check everything else first. Anyone know what length and wire size valve spring would be best for this tune? It is good to know, if l can't get it tuned, a quick trip west to Scott will solve my issue. Thanks,Don
Get the #7. Good luck.