Crosman Vantage NP .177

Got rid of the front sight, going scope only on this....in spite of how hard it may be on them.
1000002589.jpg
1000002590.jpg
may look into a muzzle brake. Definitely makes cocking easier being able to slide your hand a little further down without anything in the way.

Reactions: bustachip
Now that I have the hold this rifle prefers figured out, I thought I would try a thumbhole stock on it. A little extra weight, we shall see if it stays on there. Gonna get in some shooting tomorrow , hopefully before the rain comes.
1000002586.jpg
1000002587.jpg
the option to swap stocks with the crosman lines has always been a nice option. There have to be at least a half dozen direct fit models for this gun.

The scope has been returned. Overall I would buy it again for a mild springer, multipump, co2. Or budget pcp rig. On this gun it doesn't cut it.
Thats the one issue that has kept me from getting a springer, the reputation of being a scope destroyer 💣💣 I like my multi pumps and have a scope on a 1300KT with zero issues. I thought about getting one and just using a peep sight but my eye sight would only get me to 25 yards. Thanks for bringing us on this journey🚢..

Thats the one issue that has kept me from getting a springer, the reputation of being a scope destroyer 💣💣 I like my multi pumps and have a scope on a 1300KT with zero issues. I thought about getting one and just using a peep sight but my eye sight would only get me to 25 yards. Thanks for bringing us on this journey🚢..
Magnum springers and gas rams are a different beast. Most springers are not this hard on scopes. Finding 1 for this rifle is gonna be a bit more challenging than most.

Nice work OP! I have the same model in .22. Wife bought it for me the Christmas before last. It has been a solid performer for me, and is actually hard hitting.

I can hit well with it, and I just kept the standard irons on it to shoot with. The NP's most certainly shoot differently than my springers...at least for me. Considering what my rifle cost, I would say the "bang to buck" ratio is pretty good.

Reactions: Hold_Over
Nice work OP! I have the same model in .22. Wife bought it for me the Christmas before last. It has been a solid performer for me, and is actually hard hitting.

I can hit well with it, and I just kept the standard irons on it to shoot with. The NP's most certainly shoot differently than my springers...at least for me. Considering what my rifle cost, I would say the "bang to buck" ratio is pretty good.
Thank you! I have irons on other guns, would really like to find a scope that will work with this. With the extra power and reach over my other .177 springer it would be nice to have some glass on there. So far it's a really fun gun to shoot. The shot cycle while definitely strong is not what I would harsh.

Reactions: crosman2016
Now that I have the hold this rifle prefers figured out, I thought I would try a thumbhole stock on it. A little extra weight, we shall see if it stays on there. Gonna get in some shooting tomorrow , hopefully before the rain comes. View attachment 470439View attachment 470440the option to swap stocks with the crosman lines has always been a nice option. There have to be at least a half dozen direct fit models for this gun.
There are. Had the spring version of your Vantage in the Optimus more than a few years back. Like thumbholes and arranged a trade for Benji Titan stock a fellow member of another forum had. Don't have the action anymore, but I still have the Titan stock with a Benji Prowler .22 in it.
Scope destroyers?? Read descriptions, find ones that straight up say "Springer Rated" and if in doubt, email the scope maker directly and ask them. They'll happily tell you if the scope you're interested in is springer rated or not.
Optimus 177.jpg

There are. Had the spring version of your Vantage in the Optimus more than a few years back. Like thumbholes and arranged a trade for Benji Titan stock a fellow member of another forum had. Don't have the action anymore, but I still have the Titan stock with a Benji Prowler .22 in it.
Scope destroyers?? Read descriptions, find ones that straight up say "Springer Rated" and if in doubt, email the scope maker directly and ask them. They'll happily tell you if the scope you're interested in is springer rated or not.
View attachment 470638
I have the cabelas outfitter, which is also a spring version of this gun. Never had issues with scopes on that. This np version is different. First the scope slid in the rings, and started to put some wear on the lip of pin stop hole. I changed to 1 piece , 4 screw per ring set up, and with the last scope the poi changes every few shots. Stock screws were tight. I switched to original stock to see if maybe there was a difference in how the action sits in the stock making the problem...same problem.

The Crosman/Benjamin companies have produced some great guns...not just the vintage pumpers. Some here like to hype up certain brands/models with more than the companies really deserve. Maybe trying to keep/drive collectability up.
I have a Crosman 2300S, 2289 and a Custom 1300KT and I'm happy with them all 🎯. I never shot a Diana air rifle but have read how great they are. I appreciate input from others with experience that I don't have(y).

I appreciate input from others with experience that I don't have(y).
Agreed, a big part of why I come here. I am just suggesting there seems to be a bias that influences opinion. Many times you see something with high praise and go back in the archives and find out a lot more about what you getting into buying the same thing.