Varmint War

I live in the city limits, but shoot in my yard and have for years, but I leave the chipmunks and red squirrels alone unless I catch them getting into something. Well this morning I find a hole chewed in my grill cover. I’m not happy so from here on out it is all out war against the varmints, if I can see them they are going to receive some lead. Got the Royale 400 sitting at the ready. No more mister nice guy. 

See what happens when you give them critters an inch!! They take your grill cover, and then who knows what else!! My philosophy was why give them an inch cuz they will take the Nile anyway lol. I live in the city limits but I have a good sized backyard with grass and the cotton tails are digging holes in my plot and around the bushes so I take them out. Good luck and show them pests no quarter.

We used to have a lot of chippers in the neighborhood and I thought they were cute, so did the guy next door, until one day he asked me to start shooting them and showed me the damage to his deck furniture cushions. That spring while cleaning out my garage, I found they had built several nests and stored bird seed all over the place. They ate holes in the John Deere grass bags, the sails from our boat, chewed up the weather stripping on the bottom of our new garage doors, and ate into an extension cord. When I took our Mini Cooper out of hibernation, I revved the engine and when the turbo kicked in, it sucked a chipper into it. They had chewed into the K&N filter and built a nest. $1700 in damages to the Mini alone. I declared war! This year our other neighbor announced his wife was feeding them. I told I'm shooting them. Some weeks later he asked me to shoot any and all I see in his yard. They were nesting in his garage and knocked items off a shelf, damaging the hood of his Miata.

Raccoons have knocked over our garbage cans and tore apart our bird feeders, but never done any real damage.

They may be cute, but they are wild critters and do loads of damage. I have a buddy that lives close to a small hill range and the little ground squirrels are building warrens under his concrete slabs and destroying his plant life. He has asked me to take care of them but his wife states it's cruel and unusual. They have done 1200 in concrete damage so far. I am waiting for them to destroy her prized garden before she asks to them eradicated lol.