Vevor PCP Air Compressor maintenance question

Hello everyone,

I am looking for anybody that owns one of the Vevor PCP Air Compressor like this model. I have had this for several years and put a lot of run time on it with no problems to date. I took the cover off this morning to see if there were any service points and all that I see are the two Roller Bearings ( photo #2 ). One bearing is a guide to maintain the vertical movement of the “device” used to cause the connecting rod to the piston to go up and down. The second Roller Bearing acts in a horizontal motion in conjunction with the “device” that is connected to the con-rod and piston.

Both Roller Bearings are well greased along with a portion on the face of the “device” to eliminate any friction. I cannot see or feel any wear or any heat on any of the moving parts.

I could not see any lubricant on the con-rod because after I would run the compressor, it always stopped in the same place and not exposing but a small area on the con-rod. I barely can get one finger in to touch the exposed portion of the con-rod and do feel a light coating of oil / grease.

I have a small artist paint brush that I will use to re-coat both of the Roller Bearings with some grease. My question is, should I also apply some grease to the con-rod?

Thanks for your advice and help,
ThomasT
Vevor Air Compressor -100.jpg
Vevor - Interior1.jpg

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Seems like most call for food grade synthetic for a lube .

One thing about pcp compressor is maintenance is bottom rung on there priority ladder .. honestly I don't think the compressors people even know . Lol .

Like the look a like gx

Niose:​
75DB​
Lubrication Mode:​
added food-grade grease before factory. never need to add any oil or grease in future​
Output nut:​
M10*1 , Quick connector: 8mm​

Must be some Pretty mean china grease that never degrades in its useage life ..🥴

Last edited:
Their goal if for the compressor to last a year or two and then sell you another one.
Hello @Raydee38

Yep and still it is not too bad of a deal. This unit is over two years old and I paid something like $250.00 for it and I cannot begin to guess how many times I have filled up one of my guns. For instance, I filled my Avenger 1 time today and my Beeman Marshal 2028 5 or 6 times :unsure: , and most likely I will fill the Beeman several more times this afternoon 😁 . I can only hope it will last another year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do have a Yong Heng as a back up and will use it when I am filling my BRK Sniper.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Hello @Raydee38

Yep and still it is not too bad of a deal. This unit is over two years old and I paid something like $250.00 for it and I cannot begin to guess how many times I have filled up one of my guns. For instance, I filled my Avenger 1 time today and my Beeman Marshal 2028 5 or 6 times :unsure: , and most likely I will fill the Beeman several more times this afternoon 😁 . I can only hope it will last another year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do have a Yong Heng as a back up and will use it when I am filling my BRK Sniper.

Have a great day,
ThomasT
I didn’t have good luck with mine BUT they did send me updated parts to repair it. I only used mine to fill smaller pcp pistol tanks and probably only had an hour on it when it failed. I have it all rebuilt but I haven’t used it since.

IMG_1781.jpeg

I didn’t have good luck with mine BUT they did send me updated parts to repair it. I only used mine to fill smaller pcp pistol tanks and probably only had an hour on it when it failed. I have it all rebuilt but I haven’t used it since.

View attachment 490350
Hello again @Raydee38

Did you contact Vevor direct and just explain the problem?

ThomasT

Hello @Raydee38

Have a great day,
ThomasT
Vevor has a liquid cooled one now https://m.vevor.com/pcp-air-compres...EvdeHTwmaxtkZq6RbY7mhkQeyepMVKxRoCaBcQAvD_BwE

Hello everyone,

Up date on my Vevor, it stopped filling my pistol 50 tank. I contacted Vevor direct and no matter how hard I tried to have them sell me a repair part, they told me no.

This is a real shame because it looks like brand new and the only thing that failed is the high pressure cylinder pump. I found a replacement pump on Ebay for $65 but decided to tear this one apart and see what it looks like inside. Maybe I can find what has failed and find parts.

This has been such a good unit for so long I decided to order a new one.

Thanks for the help and I will post an update after I tear into the cylinder and post if it can be repaired.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Up date on my Vevor, it stopped filling my pistol 50 tank. I contacted Vevor direct and no matter how hard I tried to have them sell me a repair part, they told me no.

This is a real shame because it looks like brand new and the only thing that failed is the high pressure cylinder pump. I found a replacement pump on Ebay for $65 but decided to tear this one apart and see what it looks like inside. Maybe I can find what has failed and find parts.

This has been such a good unit for so long I decided to order a new one.

Thanks for the help and I will post an update after I tear into the cylinder and post if it can be repaired.

ThomasT
Funny timing, mine stopped working too!
I think we got ours about the same time.
Mine has stopped compressing air. I assume it's a seal or something that wore out because it otherwise works. I'm going to tear it down and see what's up.
Of course I found out it wasn't working after degassing my Notos and swapping barrels.
I hope one of the spare seals that came with it fix it, if I can find them(I put them somewhere for safe keeping and of course I can't remember where).
I will be pumping by hand if I can't fix it. I can't imagine the Notos being too bad to fill by hand, at least after the initial fill(from 0psi might suck). I'm really not looking forward to filling the BRK Sniper bottle gun by hand, on the other hand, I do need more exercise.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Funny timing, mine stopped working too!
I think we got ours about the same time.
Mine has stopped compressing air. I assume it's a seal or something that wore out because it otherwise works. I'm going to tear it down and see what's up.
Of course I found out it wasn't working after degassing my Notos and swapping barrels.
I hope one of the spare seals that came with it fix it, if I can find them(I put them somewhere for safe keeping and of course I can't remember where).
I will be pumping by hand if I can't fix it. I can't imagine the Notos being too bad to fill by hand, at least after the initial fill(from 0psi might suck). I'm really not looking forward to filling the BRK Sniper bottle gun by hand, on the other hand, I do need more exercise.
Hello @AmosBurton

My unit will still fill my pistol cylinder but it takes about 2 minutes before the needle on the pressure gauge starts to even move. My new unit shipped today and should be here on the 11th.

I will clean off a work table in the shop and take the old one apart one day real soon. If I find a "fix" , I will take pictures and share them here. Let me know what you find wrong with your unit.

ThomasT

Reactions: AmosBurton
I will clean off a work table in the shop and take the old one apart one day real soon. If I find a "fix" , I will take pictures and share them here. Let me know what you find wrong with your unit.

ThomasT
If I figure out what is wrong I will definitely report back.
I hope I can fix it. It was a great little machine.

• Love
If I figure out what is wrong I will definitely report back.
I hope I can fix it. It was a great little machine.
Hello again @AmosBurton

I have my water cooled Yong Heng as a back up but hate to fire that up just to fill a 50cc cylinder :D .

Good luck with the tear down.
ThomasT

Here's what it looked like on the inside.
I ended up replacing the o-rings and some tiny white seating seals(or whatever they are really called). I think I need the seals for the pump cylinders, which were not in my spares. Once reassembled the cylinder just seemed to move back and forth too easily.
Notice all the black crap in the cylinder housing? I'm guessing that was the air cylinder seals.

I put it back together with the faint hope it would work but it doesn't. Now I can go back in and cut off the old seals and measure them and try and find new ones.....

2C5DAE5E-D968-43C4-B086-9473A624421D_1_105_c.jpeg

0D9A8902-CF9E-4A96-A8FC-E5A4732389FA_1_105_c.jpeg

• Love
Here's what it looked like on the inside.
I ended up replacing the o-rings and some tiny white seating seals(or whatever they are really called). I think I need the seals for the pump cylinders, which were not in my spares. Once reassembled the cylinder just seemed to move back and forth too easily.
Notice all the black crap in the cylinder housing? I'm guessing that was the air cylinder seals.

I put it back together with the faint hope it would work but it doesn't. Now I can go back in and cut off the old seals and measure them and try and find new ones.....

View attachment 496420

View attachment 496421
Hello @AmosBurton

Yep looks like the remains ( black stuff ) of a seal or O-ring. Thanks for sharing, I will take mine apart soon and give a report.

ThomasT