vortex razor red dot opinions

I'm partial to the Holosun brand. They offer MANY different designs to choose from. Sig Sauer makes a decent dot sight too.
The Vortex uses a 3moa dot size while Holosun uses a 2moa dot size. Better for small targets,
For just a few dollars more, the Holosun is a LOT tougher sight ! DON'T DROP the Vortex sight, you'll be buying another ! You won't hurt the Holosun...at all !!
The Holosun sights have a longer battery life, plus, you don't...have to turn it off. It will turn off by itself, then turn back on when you pick up the gun.
And if you spend a little more...and get the solar panel version...even if the battery does die, as long as there is sun, the sight WILL work.

A good price at Optics Planet now -

I have a couple of these, they work as designed, never had a problem with ANY of my Holosun sights. I kinda stumbled onto them a few years ago. And so far, have not found, an overall...better dot sight brand to choose from.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Vortex Razor, but it's been on the shelf for a while now !

Mike

If OP isn't interested, I might be

We are packing for a move so it will take me some time to find it. Once I have it retrieved I will post it in the classifieds and will send a message to you and the OP if they are interested.

EDIT

Found it. Will take more photos and post it in the classifieds tomorrow. Currently mounted on a Ruger SR22 pistol.

1670903543335.png

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
Actually, for the Leishy, this would be perfect. I just put this Holosun on my modified AirMaks, Caiman. I put the green dot on the Caiman.

Red or green dot, the model with no protective caps / windows, is cheaper.

Again, has the solar cells on the top for battery free usage, a very crisp dot shape, even with bad eyes..! Also, if you look in YouTube, this one's also been heavily torture tested, and came out the other end...with flying colors.

Mike