Vortex tune kit for hw95

Question for anyone running a vortec kit in hw95 I’ve read some old threads were there seemed to be a lot of galling issues with this kit in the 95. I just put a vortec ho kit in my hw50 22 few weeks ago super impressed smooth fast lock time awesome shot cycle. My 95 is accurate and shoots great just the spring twang is annoying so thinking of dropping in a tune kit

Reactions: Bandito
The reports of galling with the PG4 kits are so numerous that I have to assume the problem is not just user error, it is a design problem. Why no fix from Vortek? Who knows, but Vortek likes to conduct design 'experiments' with its customers and I've lost confidence in their products. Historically, I've easily bought 20+ Vortek kits, so my change of view is fairly recent. When possible, I also prefer ARH tune kits with Vortek seals. That combo has worked very well. The ARH hornet kit for your HW95 should give you ballpark 15fpe. Good luck!
R

The reports of galling with the PG4 kits are so numerous that I have to assume the problem is not just user error, it is a design problem. Why no fix from Vortek? Who knows, but Vortek likes to conduct design 'experiments' with its customers and I've lost confidence in their products. Historically, I've easily bought 20+ Vortek kits, so my change of view is fairly recent. When possible, I also prefer ARH tune kits with Vortek seals. That combo has worked very well. The ARH hornet kit for your HW95 should give you ballpark 15fpe. Good luck!
R
I installed a PG4 HO kit in a 97K and its exceptional at 15#. I put an ARH Hornet kit in a HW98 and it works well and runs 15.5#, give or take. I've thought it might be a better knocked down just a smidge. Perhaps that will happen given some time.

I installed a PG4 HO kit in a 97K and its exceptional at 15#. I put an ARH Hornet kit in a HW98 and it works well and runs 15.5#, give or take. I've thought it might be a better knocked down just a smidge. Perhaps that will happen given some time.
13fpe is really nice in the 97K. I have an old ARH QX4600 spring with custom delrin guide and top hat, but I use a o-ring piston seal. It shoots around 835 fps with a 8.48 gr pellet.

At one time I had my (now sold) HW77K with the factory spring but custom delrin guide and top hat shooting 7.9 gr pellets at 935 fps or 15.34 fpe and it was too jumpy and had a snappy shot cycle. I could hit with it, but it wouldn't print small groups like I like. Tuned it back down to around 13 fpe.

Never tried Vortek, because ARH springs always worked so good and they last a long time.