Airgun Technologies Vulcan 3 .177 Assembly

Anyone care to PM me or post diagrams of how the V3 air tube is assembled? UGH, I hate to have to ask but I took my 177 Vulcan 3 apart a while back in an attempt to install a depinger. I thought I had everything good to go but I've lost 300fps in velocity. I was shooting 13.43gn pellets over 900fps but now it's down in the 600's. I've taken it apart several times and it seems like the only way it will go back together without leaking air thru the seep hole is in this 600fps configuration. I've removed the depinger but still don't seem to be able to get it back together the right way.
The transfer port is lined up but the gun does seem to make more of a "splat" sound when it fires..... Any thoughts?

I want to sell the rifle after Tony @ Talon Tunes goes thru it but I wanted to resolve this issue before sending it to him.

IMG_20230306_211136.jpg

Reactions: scottg0814
Hey WM Appreciate the help!!! My depinger doesn't fit inside the valve like this picture shows but I installed mine up against the valve and it seems to help. Still haven't figured out my velocity issue. The transfer port on the barrel and the valve are lined up correctly. I looked for an obstruction but did not see anything. Hopefully, I'll be sending off to Talon Tunes soon. Looking to replace this rifle with a Ghost

Anyone care to PM me or post diagrams of how the V3 air tube is assembled? UGH, I hate to have to ask but I took my 177 Vulcan 3 apart a while back in an attempt to install a depinger. I thought I had everything good to go but I've lost 300fps in velocity. I was shooting 13.43gn pellets over 900fps but now it's down in the 600's. I've taken it apart several times and it seems like the only way it will go back together without leaking air thru the seep hole is in this 600fps configuration. I've removed the depinger but still don't seem to be able to get it back together the right way.
The transfer port is lined up but the gun does seem to make more of a "splat" sound when it fires..... Any thoughts?

I want to sell the rifle after Tony @ Talon Tunes goes thru it but I wanted to resolve this issue before sending it to him.
The splat sound is because the transfer port and barrel are not lined up. I attempted to add my own depinger and caused this issue for myself and it rectified itself when I found thay each time I tried fixing I thought I had it in the right position but it wasn't.

Reactions: scottg0814
The splat sound is because the transfer port and barrel are not lined up. I attempted to add my own depinger and caused this issue for myself and it rectified itself when I found thay each time I tried fixing I thought I had it in the right position but it wasn't.
OK, Thanks, I'll take another look. The valve and the barrel should be keyed to make 100% sure the ports are lined up optimally.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Thanks @Jaxjax Yeah, I've seen Sub12's videos on the V3 and I subscribe to his channel. He does quality videos for sure!! As far as the velocity goes, I suspect the plenum is configured correctly. I haven't taken it apart again yet to verify the transfer ports but, unless I'm really misunderstanding its assembly, I'm sure they are oriented correctly. My other thought was an obstruction but I can't see anything. Especially in the block to verify the transfer port area is clear. The longer it takes me to figure this out the more I think the solution is going to be utterly ridiculous. haha