• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Wait period to dm

I would like to start out by saying that I understand the policy behind not allowing dms until you are established. What I find a little frustrating is that there is no way to purchase anything. I'm in the market for a bottle and there is a current seller of one that I would consider. Sadly I can't comment on the thread or dm the seller. If anyone has any advice this newbie would appreciate it.

Reactions: Mikel101
We get the frustration, blame the scammers who've taken some to the Cleaners, very sad, they ruined it for everybody. Be thankful, some members pushed for far greater requirements. Ten days/10-quality posts isn't that hard, we prefer folks who participate anyway. WM
I totally understand, just thought it would be ok to register my frustration. I currently have my fingers crossed that the tank will be there after new member jail, but another part of me hopes they sell it. Either way if it's ment to be mine it will happen.

I am also new here and in a wait period but I was given some pretty good advice/info at the start. Things in the classifieds aren't really moving right now and new things are added daily. Also this is turning out to be a great group of people sp your time here won't be wasted. All the best on getting your purchase though!

I totally understand, just thought it would be ok to register my frustration. I currently have my fingers crossed that the tank will be there after new member jail, but another part of me hopes they sell it. Either way if it's ment to be mine it will happen.
Maybe you'll get lucky enough to have one of the more helpful members relay your interest and the seller can then open communication by messaging you. The seller might also see your post and send you a message

Last edited:
That's a great way to look at it!

Maybe you'll get lucky enough to have one of the more helpful members relay your interest and the seller can then open communication by messaging you. The seller might also see your post and send you a message
I intentionally didn't say exactly the item I'm looking at because I didn't want to do an end run on the policy. If I was contacted by the seller great, but wasn't my intention with this thread.

I intentionally didn't say exactly the item I'm looking at because I didn't want to do an end run on the policy. If I was contacted by the seller great, but wasn't my intention with this thread.
Agree, end runs are cringe-worthy, following rules, more respectful, IMO. WM

I would like to start out by saying that I understand the policy behind not allowing dms until you are established. What I find a little frustrating is that there is no way to purchase anything. I'm in the market for a bottle and there is a current seller of one that I would consider. Sadly I can't comment on the thread or dm the seller. If anyone has any advice this newbie would appreciate it.

go check out your local fire stations,
can sometimes snag tanks cheap ($50 or less)

all my tanks came from fire stations,
and i get them filled there too.

Question, if you get a tank from the fire department, what do you have to procure to be able to fill your rifle?

if using a firemans tank (scba)
you would need a fill system for cga347 threads.

heres one from ebay,only 39 bucks.

both of my fill systems are ones like these,
but i added microbore hoses to them,
this one comes with a microbore.

Reactions: gfhickman
When some of us see the stunt Woodchips recommends, we don’t forget you.
I guess different situation but I had asked about recommendations for pcps for Christmas presents for three of my kids. Some of the recommendations were for a gun modified by another member here. One of the long standing members had the the guy that modified the guns message me. I don't see the harm in that, I really appreciated it. We've had a few lengthy phone conversations and he even sent me some scopes and a bipod he had laying around as gifts for the kids. There are some really great people in this community and I'm thankful to be a part of it

Question, if you get a tank from the fire department, what do you have to procure to be able to fill your rifle?
Not a tank guy, direct fill with Yong Heng compressor, but, following others on forum, depends on gun and tank. Hardware attaching to tank is called, "fill station," my guess would be to secure one with 8mm quick-disconnect connection, very popular for air gun filling. Gun will either have permanently attached male 8mm quick-disconnect or a fill probe. Fill probes come with threaded ends; you'll need an adapter as shown in photo, to convert to male 8mm quick-disconnect. Pyr
IMG_20221102_122317.jpg
amyd Air (PA) has adapters for $9.99. WM

Reactions: gfhickman
Personally I think of the classifieds as a PERK of membership. To me the AGN forums are for people with a real interest in airguns not just another place to buy and sell your airguns. Personally I think 10 posts aren't enough. There are at least 2 major places for buying and selling on line if that is their only reason for joining AGN. The real value of joining AGN is the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share it on here is why I think that membership on here is a real privilege not just a place to get a deal on airguns. I think 10 REAL posts and 10 days wait is not asking too much. I also think members helping to circumvent this rule should lose their access to it also for a period of time. Just my opinion guys.