Walther LGU Master Pro

Hi there bandg; the model I am referring to is the wood stocked one in .177. I thought it is called Walther LGU Master? By the way I am looking to find one of those for purchase. Would you be able to tell me the exact LOP (length of pull) of this one, please? thank you, regards. lst

I have a rearset trigger on my LGU (ordered from a forum member here who was making them) and LOP is 14 and 1/8 inches for that rifle with wood stock. It would be just a touch more with the stock trigger blade. The trigger can be improved greatly if you can do some work on it yourself but as noted above they aren't in the league of a Rekord trigger in stock form. With some work they can be excellent.

They’re hard to come by in the USA (I actually believe impossible to find new here these days). I just recently read that Umarex is/did phase out the LGV/LGU due to a Diana/RWS spat. It may seem that what is left over, is all that is left over..

I have one in .22, and it’s a hoot to shoot. I haven’t shot another springer to compare though. I will not sell mine, but I agree with the others regarding the trigger. The trigger is it’s only handicap. Rowan also makes a nice trigger.

Hello theotherpursuit: Thank you for your response. I am sorry i have to agree there is none left . Could you please tell me more about the mentioned Umarex/Walther and Diana/RWS issue? I have always wondered why Walther suddenly stopped producing and selling the successful LGV and LGU lines. By the way I almost found one LGU at Krale until they found out that it was a mistake because they do not have any .177 but .22's only. 

Just an FYI brothers... before anyone of you start to tinker or thinking about getting it tuned, just shoot it for a little bit. You'd be surprised what comes about. Now mind you, there are some good and some great tuners out there and I'm sure that they'll tell you the same. And I am talking from experience. Not as a tuner but as a person who never left well enough alone lol. 

If OC Fang was still here with us, I'm sure he would agree... about me that is lol

Just keep your eyes open. A couple months ago I acquired a used 16J .22 cal LGV through gunbroker. The same people were selling an LGU at the same time. If you do find one, jump on it! I really like this LGV a lot. I'm considering a trigger upgrade but don't particularly see the need to. However, I am by no means a trigger snob. Its definitely good enough for me as is.

Lucky for you.So far I could not find an LGU in .177. I also own an LGV, .177 and I am very happy with it. Although I also have the Metal Tuning trigger for it but I did not see the need to change the factory trigger. I can shoot it very well as it is. If it would not be so I would have already upgraded it, like I usually do with most of my firearms. Lajos

Hello Hector; Thank you for the detailed info. I enjoyed your blog. I believe some manufacturers no longer find it profitable to produce old fashioned simple air rifles, when they can produce and sell the super duper several thousand dollar items instead. By the way I own an LGV .177 and I am very happy with it, especially because this one is an adult size (LOP 14 7/8"). Although I also own the Metal Tuning trigger for it but I am happy with the factory trigger. I might be just undemanding, but of course if I really would be undemanding I would not have upgraded and modified most of my firearms, especially the triggers of those. I have just ordered a Feinwerkbau Sport. I will be interested to see how that one will work. By the way I am still looking for an LGU Master Pro in .177. Greetings. Lajos

I own an LGU in .22. When I bought it about a year ago, it was hard to find, so I jumped on it. I figured the day was coming soon that it would be hard to find, and I reckon that I was right. The trigger in mine is as fine as wine. The one thang that I find annoying about it was although it was smooth and no twang at first, it developed a twang and light vibration. To fix it, I applied Tune In A Tube to the spring. I've done that a total of three times, and the twang has returned, so off to Motorhead it goes for the permanent fix.

This rifle was as accurate as it can get right out of the box. Of course I cleaned the bore before shooting it. But the accuracy is easy.