N/A Wanting that low power pester

Starting the fairly long journey to acquire a lower power 22 cal pcp. I am spoiled by tier 1 guns so budget items not really shaking my tree. Cost is always an issue, shocker there! But in all seriousness, I’ve been recommended several excellent models. Small, relatively light, obviously accurate, smooth operating. But 2 things are of importance with this project quiet and cost. Lastly, the cocking handle needs to be on right side so my friend can use it. This took out RTI. So far, I have these on my list.
1- RAW microhunter
2- FX dreamtac compact
3- BRK atomic/ ranger / pathfinder compact
4- airmaks krait
Now I know there are others, the EVOL mini is out because of price. I’m trying to get to the $1000-$1300 range. Most likely previously owned. But 4 months from now? Who knows. Adjustable power is preferred but the power of this 22 cal would be in 18-23 FPE. Primary pellets are hades/atomics and polymags. 16g stuff. Length Of platform, 24-28” as a ballpark.
Now I know Tony has a couple vet 1 standards but my friend can’t work the rear lever, and they are heavier. Mr Leon frequently touts the atomic and it has much to offer, but they’re tough to come by.
What other offerings are out there? I’m absolutely no fan of hatsan, Kral or umarax, or AEA. What have I missed? Thanks.

Hmm the short overall length really limits your options. For ergo and weight my vote would be an FX Wildcat MK3 Tube version. They are amazing offhand and perfect weight and balance etc. Adjustable obviously to way down low fpe if you need, and they are 26.5" overall. They are pretty quiet without a moderator at low power but you would probably still want a Tatsu or something. And you can get them new with warranty within your budget.

It sounds like it is too inexpensive for you but my first suggestion is a P35 or Stoeger Bullshark. Pretty much the same gun but the Stoeger is about a pound heavier due to a larger stock and a 60mm longer barrel. P35 is about 5 lbs and the Bullshark about 6. Both are regulated but the regulator is not externally adjustable and would probably need turned down a little for your power range. You might get there with only the hammer spring. They have a good trigger once you adjust it and tend to be quite accurate. I shot a 200 on the 30 yard challenge with my 22 caliber P35 last year. Highest this year is a 197. They are under $500 guns. I think they are pretty well made but the cocking is noticably sloppier and longer than my Caiman. Cocking is in the middle on the right.

The Caiman is my second suggestion. I have the Caiman X but the regular Caiman probably fits your specification better. My X needed adjustment of the trigger and had some regulator issues (it's a Huma) but I doubt those are typical issues and both are fixed now. The Caiman is unusually short because it has a unique pivoting hammer design. CZ barrel. It's also regulated but the regulator is also not externally adjustable. I think you might not need to change the regulator, however if you got the normal Caiman. You might need to change the hammer spring a bit but that is easy. I shot a 199 with my Caiman X last week. It is accurate. You can have the cocking lever on either the right or the left with the Caiman. The manual doesn't say much but it does tell you how to move it to the right. I did it, it is pretty easy.

Changing the regulator on either of these suggestions is not a big deal but does require degassing the gun and a little disassembly. But you may not need to do it.

Good Ol Tony has them for 1329.00 and if you/friend sign up for reward points you can get 5% off, bringing the price well bellow your budget.

Reactions: Bandito
It sounds like it is too inexpensive for you but my first suggestion is a P35 or Stoeger Bullshark. Pretty much the same gun but the Stoeger is about a pound heavier due to a larger stock and a 60mm longer barrel. P35 is about 5 lbs and the Bullshark about 6. Both are regulated but the regulator is not externally adjustable and would probably need turned down a little for your power range. You might get there with only the hammer spring. They have a good trigger once you adjust it and tend to be quite accurate. I shot a 200 on the 30 yard challenge with my 22 caliber P35 last year. Highest this year is a 197. They are under $500 guns. I think they are pretty well made but the cocking is noticably sloppier and longer than my Caiman. Cocking is in the middle on the right.

The Caiman is my second suggestion. I have the Caiman X but the regular Caiman probably fits your specification better. My X needed adjustment of the trigger and had some regulator issues (it's a Huma) but I doubt those are typical issues and both are fixed now. The Caiman is unusually short because it has a unique pivoting hammer design. CZ barrel. It's also regulated but the regulator is also not externally adjustable. I think you might not need to change the regulator, however if you got the normal Caiman. You might need to change the hammer spring a bit but that is easy. I shot a 199 with my Caiman X last week. It is accurate. You can have the cocking lever on either the right or the left with the Caiman. The manual doesn't say much but it does tell you how to move it to the right. I did it, it is pretty easy.

Changing the regulator on either of these suggestions is not a big deal but does require degassing the gun and a little disassembly. But you may not need to do it.
I like Stoger Bullshark for $500.
177 cal Stoeger Bullshark could also work.

See if you can find a used gen 1 Uragan compact. I sold mine off relatively recently, and still regret it. Great 'sit in the bag for couple of months, take out and the first shot is dead on' gun. Mine was slinging Hades @ 815 for 23 FPE. I don't recall whether mine came without the OEM mod, or whether I just never used it. But I didn't feel it was necessary at relatively low power, and that made the gun all that much more compact.

Sure do miss that gun. But wait, Tony @ TT still had some new ones in stock at a good price, with an additional discount - so within your price range. Maybe you could pick up one of those? Well, no you can't - at least not in .22 cal. I bought what I believe was the last one and it is due for delivery today! I think that he only has .177 cal Gen 1 guns still in stock.

But the .22's do come up sometimes pre-owned.

Yes but they can easily be tuned down to cover your desired fpe/fps range. I have done it with my 22Cal compact.
My quick power dial lowers it to 32 FPE. I wish to make this outfit a high power pellet/ slug shooter. Grab a gun set for a purpose, so to speak. But commend your thinking 😊👍

My quick power dial lowers it to 32 FPE. I wish to make this outfit a high power pellet/ slug shooter. Grab a gun set for a purpose, so to speak. But commend your thinking 😊👍
I am probably misunderstanding, but I just want to make sure you realize the Wildcat can easily go down to 15fpe in 22Cal. It can likely go further but thats the lowest I tested mine at. I was able to shoot 15.89g Hades at 640fps consistently with no trouble.