N/A Wanting that low power pester

Love my Ranger .22 for low powered work in the yard. Can shoot Hades or CPHP's accurately and can twist the Transfer Port knob to really back things off if necessary.

+1 on the AirMaks Caiman/Caiman X. I've got a .22 Mk1 X with the rear safety and it shoots wonderfully. Loves Crosman HP's for some cheap plinking and small game. It's quiet with easy to operate forward action. 14 shot mags in .22. Beautiful laminated stocks if desired.

Reactions: L.Leon
Starting the fairly long journey to acquire a lower power 22 cal pcp. I am spoiled by tier 1 guns so budget items not really shaking my tree. Cost is always an issue, shocker there! But in all seriousness, I’ve been recommended several excellent models. Small, relatively light, obviously accurate, smooth operating. But 2 things are of importance with this project quiet and cost. Lastly, the cocking handle needs to be on right side so my friend can use it. This took out RTI. So far, I have these on my list.
1- RAW microhunter
2- FX dreamtac compact
3- BRK atomic/ ranger / pathfinder compact
4- airmaks krait
Now I know there are others, the EVOL mini is out because of price. I’m trying to get to the $1000-$1300 range. Most likely previously owned. But 4 months from now? Who knows. Adjustable power is preferred but the power of this 22 cal would be in 18-23 FPE. Primary pellets are hades/atomics and polymags. 16g stuff. Length Of platform, 24-28” as a ballpark.
Now I know Tony has a couple vet 1 standards but my friend can’t work the rear lever, and they are heavier. Mr Leon frequently touts the atomic and it has much to offer, but they’re tough to come by.
What other offerings are out there? I’m absolutely no fan of hatsan, Kral or umarax, or AEA. What have I missed? Thanks.
Gk1 with a folding stock? - nice and compact, power at whatever level you want, accurate and reliable semi auto.

• Wow
Reactions: rangur1 and Blejda
Well, members, I have studied all recommended guns. Now I saw all the benefits each brought. After about 12 hours reviewing, I realized some of my desires had to give way. I had to have lighter weight, ease of handling for my friend and myself. Most important, I want to enjoy to the max, shooting it. So it's now down to 3. Naturally the most expensive ones.

1 BRK Ranger XR
2 RAW Microhunter
3 Airmaks Krait compact.

Now I doubt I'll go wrong with any of these. Just have to manage to finance this indulgence! Thanks again all!

Well, members, I have studied all recommended guns. Now I saw all the benefits each brought. After about 12 hours reviewing, I realized some of my desires had to give way. I had to have lighter weight, ease of handling for my friend and myself. Most important, I want to enjoy to the max, shooting it. So it's now down to 3. Naturally the most expensive ones.

1 BRK Ranger XR
2 RAW Microhunter
3 Airmaks Krait compact.

Now I doubt I'll go wrong with any of these. Just have to manage to finance this indulgence! Thanks again all!
That's a great dilema to be in!

• Haha
Reactions: rangur1
There's an FX Verminator in the classified adds.
The seller is well known as a reeal nice guy Tom Adams
Might be something of interest to you

I would avoid the micro hunter specifically because of their lack of efficient valve and hammer dynamics. Their ancient technology causes hammer bounce and waisted air. Also causing turbulence behind the projectile. This might not be problematic at lower power, but the efficiency will be. Both the others have a “slingshot” style hammer system to prevent hammer bounce. Much more efficient. The only thing the micro hunter has going is the trigger, but honestly, I got my ranger from @zx10wall and his trigger job makes it so damn light and crisp, that it wouldn’t be noticeable difference between that of the micro hunter.

Reactions: bf1956