N/A Wanting that low power pester

18-23fpe is low power?

Man, I'm behind the times 😄
i must be in the middle ages , as i think of low power as 5 to 8 FPE and 12 to 14 as very high power . and who in their right mind would even want a gun that shot 16 or 20 FPE ?

I am probably misunderstanding, but I just want to make sure you realize the Wildcat can easily go down to 15fpe in 22Cal. It can likely go further but thats the lowest I tested mine at. I was able to shoot 15.89g Hades at 640fps consistently with no trouble.
No, you’re not misunderstanding, I’m just sucking in the communication department. My 22 wildcat that I currently have, I wish to keep its high setting, I know it’s superior to the dreamtac compact. But cost a few bills more. I’m looking to add a specific purpose gun to the arsenal. 😊👍

Reactions: MongooseV8
i must be in the middle ages , as i think of low power as 5 to 8 FPE and 12 to 14 as very high power . and who in their right mind would even want a gun that shot 16 or 20 FPE ?
Sounds like you’re shooting breakers. Sorry if I’m wrong. Ave high power on 22 pcp is 32-38 FPE and higher with some high end tier one stuff.

No, you’re not misunderstanding, I’m just sucking in the communication department. My 22 wildcat that I currently have, I wish to keep its high setting, I know it’s superior to the dreamtac compact. But cost a few bills more. I’m looking to add a specific purpose gun to the arsenal. 😊👍
Oh ok I get you now. The mention of the friend in post #1 made me think this pcp was for him. And since you already have a Wildcat you are looking for a new toy. Sometimes it takes me a few tries but I usually catch on eventually hahaha.

And with this self revelation, I agree with @Peashooter and would look at the Caiman or Caiman X. I have never used one but thats the only other thing I can think of that hasnt been covered by your list already.

Beerthief,

My "low power pesters" are my Prod and my P35-177. Both are under 20 fpe but drop squirrels well as long as I place the shot decently. My P35-22 is tuned to 30-32 fpe as was my P35-25 until a recent retune (to take it up to 50 fpe). The higher power drops squirrels a little quicker than the under 20 guns and also seems to work better if I misplace a shot. It almost always shoots through a squirrel and two holes seems to help. If I ever take a shot much over 30 yards I would want one of the higher powered guns just because of the power that will be lost by the time the pellet gets there.

So I think there is definitely a role for airguns 30 fpe or above. For small game, I do not see a need for more than low 30s but you need about that much to get a 18-20+ grain pellet moving well over 800 fps for trajectory reasons. Bigger pests like Raccoons are a reason to go even higher.

I like the "little guns" for backyard pesting. I don't need pellets flying 500 yards if I miss. It is still necessary to avoid shooting in the wrong direction but pellets that will drop in 200 yards seems safer.

Jim

Reactions: L.Leon
Has great pedigree, but at $1700 , it’s up there.
You said that you're spoiled by Tier 1 guns, which the Mini definitely is. And you will not be longing for a different rifle once you own a RAW and experience the trigger, accuracy and reliability. I like to say "buy once, cry once"